Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 131 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 13,334 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
August 28, 2016, 5:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
I love macca but does he need some competition. Hes a shoe in at the moment with just an OAP for cover?

Personally I don't think he needs competition - he needs to look at the weaknesses in his game and work on them. I'm completely sure that Warrington can see this and it is up to him to coach the problems in Maccas approach.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
fleabag1970
August 28, 2016, 5:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I think Macca needs an arm around him and some serious work on commanding the box other wise we are gonna need 2 goals to win every game

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
jonnyboy82
August 28, 2016, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
A keeper coming would help him , imo he needs it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
Cloudy
August 28, 2016, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Having someone on the training pitch and then sat on the bench will stop silly errors of judgement?

Not sure to be honest, if McKeown was making mistakes through lack of effort, being over weight then bringing in someone else would help focus his mind but are these errors in his mind?
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
Garth
August 28, 2016, 6:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Not a lot to add, we need another keeper for competition as this is fast becoming a worrying factor, a centre half who can command the box alongside one of the other three, and a striker for the bench as he would struggle to play on yesterdays performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
Teestogreen
August 28, 2016, 8:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
Any nonsense about this side not being as good as last seasons is firmly put to bed today. As good an attacking display of football as i have seen for many a season and Bogle was unplayable. A 10/10 performance that will have scouts driving to BP if h keeps that up. Scored three, made two, hit the bar with a piledriver and they simply couldn't handle him. The confidence was flowing through him.

Vose was a bag of tricks and scored possibly the goal of the game but that's difficult to judge because they were all fantastic. As an attacking unit, we were unstoppable. The back line is still a worry though and McKeown didn't cover himself in glory. At fault for both goals, especially the second and he is making the defence jittery IMO.

Some excellent performances today but the team as a whole just clicked going forward and we got the goals we deserved last week. Still not seen anything to worry about in this league and i'm still confident we will do well. Even more so after today. Need to stop shipping goals though and that's the only blot from today.

The best standard of football i have seen at BP for years and years. We have some very good players. Onward and upward.

Where's Norman Bates when you need him?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
TonySmith
August 28, 2016, 9:22pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
I don't think Macca was the only one to blame for the second goal. These things happen from time to time and their player took advantage of the hesitation really well, I thought. And don't forget he made an outstanding save in the first half, getting down very quickly to a well hit shot from well inside the penalty area. I do agree that we should have a second goalkeeper though for serious competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
Belfast Town
August 28, 2016, 9:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,699
Gold Stars: 19
Mine and Mrs Belfast Town's first game of the season, and our first league game for six years (or however long it's been). Loved it. Action-packed, couldn't take my eyes off it for a second.

I have to say we really look like a promising team. Bogle was magnificent; and I loved watching Vose - a cult hero in the making. And Davies is some unit.

Just need to get the defence sorted and we really could be challenging.

Tickets picked up for Notts County away. See you all on Saturday. UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
99agrant
August 28, 2016, 10:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
After seeing how easily we beat Morecambe first game, can't believe they are top!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
oldun
August 29, 2016, 2:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from TonySmith
I don't think Macca was the only one to blame for the second goal. These things happen from time to time and their player took advantage of the hesitation really well, I thought. And don't forget he made an outstanding save in the first half, getting down very quickly to a well hit shot from well inside the penalty area. I do agree that we should have a second goalkeeper though for serious competition.

Yes there were other players near the ball, but when your keeper comes out you naturally leave it to him to deal with, but he stopped and did nothing. He could have picked it up, dropped on it at least stopped the guy rolling it across an empty goal. If he was not going to get it he should have stayed put.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.