Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 201 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 13,337 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
August 29, 2016, 2:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I think he initially made the correct decision to come out and claim the ball or flop on it but he ended up in no man's land and left the defence looking like they were doing nothing as they fully expected him to come and claim it.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
Bigdog
August 29, 2016, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I'd put McKeown at fault, but Pearson switched off before that. Wrong side and too square of the forward he was marking. Then instead of attempting to shepherd the ball to the keeper which is taught to all centre halves, he didn't even stay alert to cut down the space or the cross either. Got outjumped easily for the first goal too. The ball in wasn't whipped in or too hard to defend, just got himself in a really bad position to be bullied. I'm a great fan of Shaun, but I can't agree with some posters that he had a faultless game looking at those two goals..Had we lost, the defending of those two goals would have been scrutinised a lot more and the failings of our defence highlighted even more than they have..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
Mrs Doyle
August 29, 2016, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Looking at that again three players were at fault for there second goal I am sure Hurst will address this to let a player get so close to the goal unchallenged and then have time to cut it back was criminal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
geir
August 29, 2016, 5:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
For me, the outstanding players in this game were: Summerfield, Vose and Chambers.
Davies and Andrew were solid and a special mention must go to McKeown for saving that chance in the first half were he went down like The Flash to catch the ball.
Bogle were not outstanding to me - he was more like The God of football in this game. If he continues to play like that, we need to offer him a new contract at Christmas - a five-year deal would be nice!
Sorry for my late report - can not watch the games until they are available on Mariners Player.
I would also like to conclude that this team are way more solid than the one last season, so yet again I think that Mr. Hurst has done a splendid job - he truly deserves his model wife and his fast cars. A truly powerful and attractive guy!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
TheGoalKipper
August 29, 2016, 5:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from geir
For me, the outstanding players in this game were: Summerfield, Vose and Chambers.
Davies and Andrew were solid and a special mention must go to McKeown for saving that chance in the first half were he went down like The Flash to catch the ball.
Bogle were not outstanding to me - he was more like The God of football in this game. If he continues to play like that, we need to offer him a new contract at Christmas - a five-year deal would be nice!

Sorry for my late report - can not watch the games until they are available on Mariners Player.

I would also like to conclude that this team are way more solid than the one last season, so yet again I think that Mr. Hurst has done a splendid job - he truly deserves his model wife and his fast cars. A truly powerful and attractive guy!

All of us 'long distance' supporters are benefitting from this initiative by the club on MP. The best town have played for a long time in most peoples view and im certainly very happy i got to see it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
Les Brechin
August 29, 2016, 6:26pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from geir

The new feature of the whole game being shown on Mariners Player must be a Godsend for fans like yourself Geir who can't get to the games.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
geir
August 29, 2016, 7:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

The new feature of the whole game being shown on Mariners Player must be a Godsend for fans like yourself Geir who can't get to the games.

Absolutely! Listening to Radio Humberside on matchday and then watching all of the game a couple of days later on Mariners Player is quite an improvement on things for me! It is almost like Christmas every week now for me! I can even watch Mr. Hurst in person sharing his views on the world before and after games are played. Which is nice as I think Mr. Hurst, Paul Hurst, is the James Bond of the Football League. So relaxed, but with a killer instinct and a glint in his eye.
I even get access to the other clubs Players so that I can do some research (spying) on our opponents before we play them.
In one word - Fantastic!  

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
AndyDarloFC
September 10, 2016, 12:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Just catching up with some Town news.

Old news this, but I must say I was massively impressed with Bogle at the Stevenage game when I come down. Very effective and had a fantastic game.

Vose seems decent on the ball, looks lazy off the ball though. Still had a good game mind.

Defensively, it looks like you could do with some stability as they looked a little lost at times, but 3 points is all that matters. If it wasn't for the Stevenage keeper, you'd of scored 7/8. Fair play!

I'll be back for the Hartlepool game at the end of the month.

#UpTheMariners

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 77 - 78
lukeo
September 10, 2016, 6:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
you get full games on mariners player ? that has tempted me to purchase it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.