Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 163 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 13,340 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 27, 2016, 7:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Excellent going forward. Really chuffed for Bogle.

The more I looked at their second goal on the highlights the more convinced I became that McKeown could pretty easily have got the ball before it was crossed for the score.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
bradzmilne
August 27, 2016, 7:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
Going forward we was bloody fantastic, we looked like we'd score every time we had the ball. At times it felt like we has taking the urine with the fancy flicks and turns etc. But I would stick my neck out and say its the most exciting I've seen us going forward in a long, long time.  

If we go forward like that, we'll score against anyone but I still have a serious question marks about our defence. The first goal was poor enough, we just totally switched off but the second goal... Jesus Christ. I don't know who the blame totally lays with but its basics that was just totally forgotten - poor communication from a group of players Macca, Pearson and Gowling that have played together for a long time. Fortunately today it didn't matter but it's still not acceptable and it will bite us on the bottom in games too come if its not sorted.

Can't make my mind up on Summerfield, a good footballer but struggles when it gets physical IMO. I'd desire him as a luxury player, the type that plays well when things are going your way and his goal epitomises that . Next week against Notts County when we're much more likely too be having too battle, I dont think he'd be on my team sheet.

I'll make a prediction and say that there will be serious interest in Omar Bogle by Xmas if he carries on in this form. If he fancies it and gets an early goal, as today proved he is totally unplayable and will look out of place in league 2 very soon, our best hope is that we will be able to climb the leagues with him. 4 Goals in 5 league games now is it ? Fantastic stuff.

MOTM: It can only be one person, Omar Bogle but special mentions for Vose and Summerfield.

Looking forward too an away day in Nottingham now.

UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 7:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Excellent going forward. Really chuffed for Bogle.

The more I looked at their second goal on the highlights the more convinced I became that McKeown could pretty easily have got the ball before it was crossed for the score.

That was the feeling at the game. We expected him to keep coming and drop on the ball. We also felt his positioning was a bit 'no mans land' for the first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
OllieGTFC
August 27, 2016, 7:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I hope no scouts come in for bogle ! If they do no less than £2 million 😉

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 7:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from OllieGTFC
I hope no scouts come in for bogle ! If they do no less than £2 million 😉

Could do an Andre Gray on that showing and he went for a million didn't he? Early days though and he needs to keep up that standard from today to get a move upwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 78
promotion plaice
August 27, 2016, 7:20pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from ginnywings

Could do an Andre Gray on that showing and he went for a million didn't he? Early days though and he needs to keep up that standard from today to get a move upwards.

With us hopefully.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 7:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from promotion plaice

With us hopefully.

Let's hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
jaygy
August 27, 2016, 7:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Listened to the game on radio today as I had to work but sounded like a great performance going forward.

I have purposely avoided all the other FL results so I can sit with a beer and watch channel 5 from 9pm and enjoy all the highlights including ours being on terrestrial. My god I love being back in the football league!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
Mrs Doyle
August 27, 2016, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Great result but their second was shocking defending to let that player get to the ball when he had no right instead of somebody marshaling it out or knocking it away.

I'm sure Hurst will be seething at that and Macca's sluggish performance again he should have moved quick to smother that move.

Just watched it again Dis is having a right go at Macca but Andrew just stood still and let the guy cross the ball unchallenged right in the box between them they really fcked it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
hheh2
August 27, 2016, 8:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
How Stevenage scored two today was quite baffling I mean they had no attacking threat over the 90ms and got gifted through the freekick and the McKeown/Defensive mistake.

Totally preventable but not taking anything away from the performance at all!    UTM!

And Omar was INSANE today!!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.