Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 201 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 13,336 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 27, 2016, 8:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 200

Their drummers were very audible today, what happened to ours ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
Balthazar Bullitt
August 27, 2016, 8:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Something has clicked with Omar that he's more than capable of going head to head with any central defender strength wise rather than looking for a ref to give him a decision. Had one of their players on the floor in the first 5 minutes. Once they realised he wasn't going to be bullied they were running scared of him all game. More games like that and we're in for a windfall . Hell of a standard to play to every week but if he can keep the same mind set as he had today he's going to have a great season.
Thought we looked a lot more in control once we got Vose into the game. Totally composed on the ball and gave nothing away. Plenty of work off the ball too. Should start every game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2016, 8:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Just back..............To Stevenage and really looking forward to wearing my Town shirt round Asda tomorrow morning and the pub in the afternoon.

Differences between this week and previous games? We where 100% better in the final 3rd today than we where last week. I was also proved wrong as I said on here last week that Omar and Kayden should not start together but on the basis of Omar's 2nd today they could be a strong partnership.

Also when we had the opportunity we tried to play with tempo and pass the ball, the movement was better today than I have seen in ages, we looked creative and we pressed on a more consistent basis for the full game.

The balance was much better and that was underlined by the man in possession having more options to pass the ball or switch the play. The other thing I liked was that we now have a number of players who fancy themselves and will have a shot unlike the last few years when we have dicked about with it at the edge of the box.......It really could have been 8 - 2 today based upon Omar hitting the bar and their keeper making 2 really good saves in the 2nd half.

To be fair I know that they had a big game mid week versus Stoke but I have never seen a team that unfit and flabby as they are at this stage of the season? They where blowing out of their arses after 20 mins. I know the fitness coach at Stevenage Rugby Club and he could get them looking twice as fit in a month.

On the drive home I had a few things on my mind,

1. Omar was unstoppable today, we saw the player he could be.
2. After a few reversals morale and confidence looked good amongst the players today - well done PH
3  Dom Vose at some point needs to play behind 2 strikers
4 James needs to wake up, his save n the first half was excellent, his performance for the 2nd was inept and unprofessional.
5. And most importantly it's "gelling" and we are nor far away from being a side that will not go down.

Well done to The players and staff today, top job!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 78
lee65
August 27, 2016, 9:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Not must to add really,

Great entertainment,  Bogle unplayable, strong, direct and skilful , and Vose just took the urine out of them for most of the 2nd half, sure he'll have a few "passenger" days but the confidence, swagger and skill today was mesmerising at times

Yes, we need to sort it with silly goals, but let's not dwell on that tonight

Proud to be a GTFC fan  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
GYinScuntland
August 27, 2016, 9:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Enjoyed that, it felt and looked good in the upper. Cracking afternoon with mates and decent football.
I'll be getting my first seaso for 20 years on Monday, never been worth it before with shifts but retirements come at the right time methinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 78
jonnyboy82
August 27, 2016, 9:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Just had a thought and i think its a valid one with the transfer window closing next week and with bogle scoring goals last season and a hatrick today in the league will clubs who will have in no doubt monitored him make a bid ?

Maybe not but i wouldnt be surprised after his performance today, the lad could go far if he keeps going playing like that but i personally hope no one gets tempted.

I genuinely wonder what his value is now compared to the 50 k we paid for him, my guess is at least 200 grand as of now.

He keeps progressing and scoring and that could at least double by the end of the season imo.

Thoughts ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
AndyGTFC
August 27, 2016, 9:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Was a cracking watch. That's the sort of result that the performances have promised so far this season. I think we've shown enough to see that we've got a decent side here in all the games to be honest so I didn't particularly panic about the defeats but the difference is we got the three points today.

Special mention has to go to Bogle of course, who was sensational and proved why he was so highly rated at Solihull. A hat-trick and two assists in a 5-2 win, not bad! Dom Vose was also very, very good, which will do him the world of good after getting a bit of stick early on.

There are still definite question marks defensively, we let in two sloppy goals again and Stevenage also had more chances to punish is in the first half, I'd agree with PH when he says we were better against Leyton Orient in the first half, but going forward, particularly in the second half - wow! We looked like scoring every time we went forward. More please!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
stevethefish
August 27, 2016, 9:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 86
Simple message from me. Well Done Omar.

Three significant performances - Braintree, Wembley and today.

Starting to become a player who makes a difference in games that matter. Today was crucial to build confidence. Well done and thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
jamesgtfc
August 27, 2016, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Braintree away was the turning point for Bogle. As a player he needs to feel loved and he become a hero that day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
gb
August 27, 2016, 10:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +36
Omars second goal reminded me of lreddy doing the cut in and finish!!! Buzzing at the result and gutted I didn't make it today. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.