Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 157 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 13,339 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 27, 2016, 5:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 200

Should've been  8 - 2  

Best performance I have seen Bogle play in a Town shirt, Vose silenced his critics and Pearson played his part.
I think the quality of Davies gives the rest confidence.

We still need more players in but awesome today..........UTM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 78
oldun
August 27, 2016, 5:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Obviously a cracking result. There was some tremendous forward play from us, but at times especially in the first half we were hitting long hopeful balls and I thought we looked nervy, no-one wanted to keep the ball. At times the game was more like a Conference game. However at times we showed what we can do when we pass the ball on the deck. Scored a couple of well worked goals, then gave away a needless freekick in a dangerous position (we must stop doing this ) and then failed to defend the cross giving the scorer a free header which he took well. Second half we were better and scored 3 brilliant goals, but again Macca had a moment to forget. A mention for Dominic Vose, who has had some critics on here. He took his chance in the team today to show what he can do. So skilful on the ball and his goal, well what a pearler. Must see it again. Finally I have to finish with the man of the match, Omar Bogle, I think that is the best I have seen him play. He was strong, quick, tricky linking play and of course scored a fantastic hatrick. He had been unlucky not to get his third on a couple of occasions but the icing on the cake came when he curled a freekick over the wall and into the top corner. Memorable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 78
Kris2
August 27, 2016, 5:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
This is what happens when I predict a poor result and fear the worst. Town come out and not just make me eat my words they grab a shovel and ram them down my throat and damn does it taste good.

This game certainly a contender for Bogle's best ever performance in a Grimsby shirt possibly the game of his career so far who knows. I've never seen him that confident and clinical up front every time he had the ball he looked like scoring or creating a goal fully deserved his hat trick. Gone were the falling all over antics he looked strong,held the ball up well and was bringing others into play. Vose very much of the same their defence just could not handle him he held the ball up well and made great passes and scored another very well taken goal. Summerfield had the best game he's had so far imo looked far more confident and played some great passes also getting himself on the score sheet. Chambers made some good runs again but was maybe outshone by the quality of Vose so was less noticeable. Disley again put in a shift winning headers and making tackles.

Jackson looked okay made some good passes and picked up a few loose balls with his pace but was struggling with being bullied off the ball and trying to win headers. Andrew and Davies both did well defending and attacking I say it constantly but I think Davies is a quality footballer. The central two not so sure about Gowling especially is becoming a worry he doesn't look sure of anything he's doing and each game he seems to play a back pass too short. McKeown probably at fault for both goals the second more so the first was a bit of a dubious free kick anyway the second he just had a mad minute and decided to run around though the central defenders just kind of got lost.

Referee was playing hard to get with giving us any decisions almost every 50/50 was given to Stevenage. Blew his whistle a bit too much which added on to the stoppage from the clumsy Stevenage players working hard to give themselves a concussion.

Overall such an exciting game to watch every attack looked like it would result in a goal. Quality football on display kept the ball better than we have in previous games and was patient with the build up waiting for the chance not wasting anything. This is the team they are capable of being the makings of which could be seen but it never quite came together until today.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 78
headingly_mariner
August 27, 2016, 5:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Doesn't matter if you can't defend if you can attack like that. Bogle's performance was one of the best I have seen from a town player since we were in the championship. He was wonderful, he did everything we know he can and did it all in one game. That was the Vose we've been waiting for, in his other appearances he looked like he'd never played before, today he was taking the urine, absolute quality and a really exciting performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 78
gobby
August 27, 2016, 5:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Excellent game to watch, Stevenage looked ok at times.Best Ref we have had this season, let lots go for both sides. Bogle unstoppable, Somerfield dominant, Gowling poor 1st half but played well in the 2nd. Pearson should be on the team sheet week in week out.3 points deserved.
UTMM  

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 78
cjbill
August 27, 2016, 5:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Brilliant result today and Bogle gave possibly the best individual performance seen in a town shirt for years. Completely unplayable today. Performance wise I don't think it was too dissimilar to last week. We have obviously just managed to find the net. As others have said, leaking sloppy goals is the concern. Get that sorted and we are a team to be watched
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 78
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 6:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Doesn't matter if you can't defend if you can attack like that. Bogle's performance was one of the best I have seen from a town player since we were in the championship. He was wonderful, he did everything we know he can and did it all in one game. That was the Vose we've been waiting for, in his other appearances he looked like he'd never played before, today he was taking the urine, absolute quality and a really exciting performance.

My brother reckoned it was the best he's seen since Mendonca.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 78
Mariner93er
August 27, 2016, 6:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Absolutely gutted i couldnt br there today but great to hear about bogle. Sounds like hes finally brought together all the qualities we know he has into one performance, im delighted for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 78
Skrill
August 27, 2016, 6:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Bogle did great at holding up the ball. For me, that freekick  

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 78
joe56
August 27, 2016, 6:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Omar's best game for us yet, and the MOM award was well deserved. Dom Vose, however, was equally good. Has the skill and vision of a Premier League player - and what a goal! I'd have him in the team every week without question on that performance. Pity he can't be accommodated in his best position of central midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.