Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

We're out of the EU!

This thread currently has 40,579 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
jaygy
June 24, 2016, 10:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Suzanne Evans writes- A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 356
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2016, 10:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.02
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The next step will be when the new points system is implemented, you'll find that instead of east European immigrants coming in for a 2 or 3 quid an hour less, there'll be immigrants from Africa and Asia who will work for 50% of the previous level.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 356
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2016, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.02
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jaygy
Suzanne Evans writes- A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

You can pick any point on a graph to suit your argument Jay. But it's still down on yesterday's high (on the back of expectations of a Remain win).

Feb was a particularly low point for the pound. if you picked May, your argument wouldn't work.

Was it Obama said about Britain not being back of the queue today?

Morgan Stanley, the bank in question said "There will be at least a period of two years before an actual exit takes place, so there will be time to implement any changes required to adjust our business to the new environment.  Morgan Stanley will continue to monitor developments very closely and will adapt accordingly while prioritising the interests of our clients, our shareholders and our employees," (quoted in the Independent). Now that sounds to me like they're saying, the door is very much open on relocating operations.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 356
Green27
June 24, 2016, 11:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Ok , tell me why ?

I'll try if you want a serious answer. All models being put up as an example of how Britain should be in terms of trade and immigration. Norway, Switzerland etc all have Freedom of movement in place the EU won't make a deal without tariffs without it. Hope that helps

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 356
codcheeky
June 24, 2016, 11:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
The way things where was untenable to a lot in the uk.  when time served joiners are undercut by a man with a hammer from poland by 50% what do you do?  I can go to my local Wickes and there 50+ people waiting outside for a days work for however much you want to pay them  Why would the British working class welcome this?  
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 356
Marinerz93
June 24, 2016, 11:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

For me voting leave wasn't just about immigration it was about democracy, you know that democracy that was taken from us without our consent. The democracy that holds to account Politicians and makes them abide by the rules and if they don't they are voted out or in the case of the expenses scandal, imprisonment. You can't do this to un-elected bureaucrats who splash our cash on what they want. There is no accountability, you can't remove them or take them to court and you certainly don't know where the money has gone.

Lobbyists run the EU, big corporations run the EU, the EU is just a front.

Some of you have short memories, because of the EU quotas cost hundreds of people their jobs on the fish docks, some two or more times over, as quotas cut deeper and deeper and fish merchant after fish merchant went to the wall. I saw first hand how the EU robbed hundreds of Grimsby lads jobs because I was one of them. It was great of the EU though to allow other countries to fish our waters and then graciously allow us buy the fish we used to catch. I, like many, had to move away to find work. It also makes it easy for lazy politicians to blame the EU and do nothing.

The EU has funded more companies to relocate from the UK than to it, costing UK jobs.

What is the problem with an Australian type immigration control, at least we can either refuse entry or remove rapists, murderers and pedophiles, something we can't do under the EU. Immigration is good for the country but only if you let in the right people with the skills you are short of.

Aren't you a little bit curious as to why no leaders of the EU countries made a real effort to sway British voters to remain, only Obama's threat of you'll be at the back of the line. Aren't you curious why the EU didn't explain how it works, it's values and why there is 5 presidents.

Which ever way the vote may have gone, there was always going to be repercussions, you take few knocks and then you get up again. The EU has big plans that don't involve your say, a bit like it is now.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 356
forza ivano
June 25, 2016, 12:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,303
Gold Stars: 266
Just to play devils advocate for a moment.talking to a very pro exit man in my village local tonight.he did make the very valid point that this decision hurts Europe as much as it hurts us. His scenario is that a deal will be stitched up behind closed doors on a mutually beneficial, and saleable, agreement whereby we can have the panacea of leaving but everything else, in reality, remains the same. Have to say that is what Europe does best I.e. Realpolitik.
Whilst I am hurting and scared and angry I have to admit that we are where we are and we have to make the best of a very bad job, us Brits generally are at our best when our backs are against the wall and we have this British is best attitude. We just have to hope this comes to the fore and we can muddle our way through this crisis, in the same sort of way we used our ingenuity and doggedness to come through a far worse scenario 75 years ago.
As Emily thorn berry said tonight the brexiteers have led us into the middle of a very dark wood and when we have asked how we get out of the wood they've just shrugged their shoulders and said dunno.lets hope our British bulldog, never say die outlook finds us the safe path out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 356
cmackenzie4
June 25, 2016, 8:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.22
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,346
Gold Stars: 34
What I don't like about the remain camp is that they think people who voted leave are some kind of idiots or thick, we have a right to vote how we see fit, it's a democracy isn't it??

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 356
ginnywings
June 25, 2016, 9:04am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
I love it when Grim gets on his high horse and can't see the hipocrisy in himself throwing insults about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 356
Roast Em Bobby
June 25, 2016, 9:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
Probably because we've heard too many people talking balderdash like this

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/10153842562976939/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 356
36 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.