9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 5:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
An entertaining and enjoyable game despite the result.

Today was a season defining game for me,having had ten games to gel and at home against one of the frontrunners.Think we look a mid table side to be honest and still a work in progress.Too good to go down but not good enough to challenge for the top spots.

If you are a team on a bit of a wobble,like Wrexham,then a good place to visit and ge back on track is Blundell Park because we are bound to give you a goal at least and today was no different.Free header from a corner.He didn't even make a good contact and it looped over a stranded goalie.

We get ourselves back in the game with an excellent finish from Hearn but never pushed on from there despite having some good spells of pressure.

Came out second half and really took the game to them but failed to make a breakthrough.They then started to knock the ball around in midfield and pulling us all over the place,which eventually led to their second from some good possession.At 1-2,Disley had a great chance to equalise but hesitated when he should have shot and within minutes we were 1-3 down and chasing shadows.

Their midfield was a notch above ours,especially the wide men.Our wide men just don't cut the mustard for me and neither has any end product.The only player getting any good crosses in was Hearn,who was MOM by a country mile and gets better with every game.

We are a way off challenging at the top but some good signs are there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
September 24, 2011, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Two key points for me which changed the game,

half time...we were on top at that point and looking comfortable , their manager did the business at half time ours didnt

Disley through on goal at 1-2..dallied..chance gone and very shortly after they hit the third

disappointed in the management today as it was clear after half time they had upped it and had the better hand but they did not react until the third went in.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 80
gobby
September 24, 2011, 5:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Aint going to beat about the bush, we did not deserve to lose 3 -1, and for those morons who boo 'If yer dont facking like it, dont come'  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 80
louth_in_the_south
September 24, 2011, 5:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,711
Gold Stars: 96
As much as I like eagle for his quality that he has and serge for effort and blind enthusiasm I can't help thinking that they will never be players that really pose a threat to teams and create goals on a consistent basis . Wingers make goals in any successful team . The sooner we find out and out wingers who can consistently beat a man and put in a decent cross we won't do fack all !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 80
ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 5:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
As much as I like eagle for his quality that he has and serge for effort and blind enthusiasm I can't help thinking that they will never be players that really pose a threat to teams and create goals on a consistent basis . Wingers make goals in any successful team . The sooner we find out and out wingers who can consistently beat a man and put in a decent cross we won't do fack all !

Agreed.They just don't get enough crosses in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 80
Kris Mustampa
September 24, 2011, 5:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Agree with ginnywings.

First half we edged it but they upped their game after that. Their central three were quality that you dont normally see at this level. Keates, Fowler and Harris are all on the small side but can really play. Technically better than anything we have got. Created and scored two excellent 2nd half goals.

We lack creativity and I was very dissapointed with Coulson when he came on. His body language had 'can't be arsed' written all over it which isnt something i could have directed at him previously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 80
moosey_club
September 24, 2011, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Kris Mustampa
Agree with ginnywings.

First half we edged it but they upped their game after that. Their central three were quality that you dont normally see at this level. Keates, Fowler and Harris are all on the small side but can really play. Technically better than anything we have got. Created and scored two excellent 2nd half goals.

We lack creativity and I was very dissapointed with Coulson when he came on. His body language had 'can't be arsed' written all over it which isnt something i could have directed at him previously.

Much like Elding.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 80
Codswede
September 24, 2011, 5:45pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Just a quick analysis, Eagle on the ball wasn't brilliant, but his delivery from set pieces was worth having him on the pitch for! We looked dangerous at every free-kick and corner. Elding is an absolute weak link up front (although Fluffy Duffy aint much better) he doesn't win the ball, and doesn't worry strikers, and the shot he had from 25 yards when he had free men just summed him up. Hearn was spot on and Disley looks to be a class act in the middle, I didn't think Church showed much today and Serge just couldn't keep the ball anywhere near him!!! That said, we played some great football in the first 60 minutes, and its hard to believe we actually lost the match! But we WILL beat the lesser teams by playing like this, hope we can build on it and get a nice run going!

I'm moving to Spain on Wednesday so that's my last town match for the foreseeable future, Real Racing Club de Santander my new local team drew 0-0 with Real Madrid on Wednesday night, I just hope I can come back and still appreciate the Mighty Mariners in the future after seeing the Spanish style of football!

UTM

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 80
Meza
September 24, 2011, 5:49pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,649
Gold Stars: 50
Can you blame coulson probably thinking what he has to do to get in the team despite scoring the other night

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 80
pontoonlew
September 24, 2011, 5:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Mckeown - Looked a bit flappy at the ball at times, could've done a lot better with the first and that seemed to knock his confidence a bit. 6/10

Ridley - Green is a much better player, I like Ridley but he's too bloody slow. Looked slow even today against opponents who didn't look quick in the slightest. 6/10

Kempson - Did a good job and I dont believe that it's his or Pearsons fault that we are ran at so easily. The partnershiip at the back is looking stronger, but pace is a real issue. 7/10

Pearson - Few misplaced clearances but got his head everywhere and did pretty well. Again he is far too slow and not too great with his feet. 6/10

Wood - Had a good game, consistantly won the ball and did well at getting it away from danger, something he has struggled with recently. 7/10

Makofo - I'm going to be kind to him and say he was absoloutely diabolical. The guy has no brain and gets away with it in games because he'll do a few decent runs and get the odd cross in. Today he failed to do either, so many times he lost the ball. He NEVER seems to make the right decison, really does have the brain of a fish. 5/10

Church - I do like him, but i'm afraid its him or Disley, they cant both play together. Artus offers something much different which we need. Also, Church was billed as a tough tackling player, well im yet to see that!? He did alright today and did the right thing most of the time, but him and Disley left us so so exposed. 6/10

Disley - Missed a glorious chance for 2-2 and that was it, end of game. He too left us too exposed but attacked quite well, he plays better with Artus and I think people dont realise how much Artus gets about the pitch in comparison. 6/10

Eagle - Feel for him, he played okay but why the hell are we playing one of the most left footed players i've ever seen, on the right!? Scott and Hurst doing stupid experiments again, the lob sided midfield fiasco was one thing but this just defys stupidity?! Coulson is 10x better on the right than Eagle will ever be, he still cant cross but he has his work cut out when he's played in a daft position. 6/10

Elding - First half I actually thought he looked alright but second half, by god he was bad. He cant jump or seem to get into decent positions, so frustrating but he does seem to run about a bit. Thing is, he isn't a patch on Duffy and yet again the managers are making selection mistakes which means we are starting a game with our better players sat on the bench! I just knew as soon as he scored on Tuesday, despite having a good game, that he'd be playing today. Duffy came on and showed why Elding shouldn't be playing! 5/10

Hearn - Thrilled he got a goal and he was yet again everywhere today, Elding let him down badly at times and Disley ruined the chance that he laid onto him. Our best player by a flipping mile. 8/10

Subs;

Coulson - No time to make an impact and should've started

Artus Shouldve buried a chance late on, looks a classy player but always starts off slow. Again, should've started.

Duffy Obviously logical that our top scorer and best winner of the ball up top is sat on the bench until your 3-1 down with 7 minutes to go...Outrageous decison by Penn and Teller.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 80
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.