Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ginnywings

Yep.

Wasn't a foul or a yellow IMO

Referee probably considered it as "excessive force" i think is the phrase, used to be called a hard tackle !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 80
AndyGTFC
September 24, 2011, 6:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
We always seem to lose when we get a few more through the gate...

Anyway, we didn't deserve to lose 3-1. I'm sick of saying things like that when we lose but we were the better side for the majority of the game. Wrexham didn't have many chances when you take away the goals we scored. If you keep leaking goals though, it doesn't matter how well you've played. Disley was very good in midfield, and Church did exactly what he was signed for. Hearn did well up front and I'm really chuffed for him to get his first goal.

I definitely agree about the comments people are making about the wingers though. All three of them have certain qualities on the pitch but they're just not that good in their roles. Makofo was frustrating today, he's got so much ability when it comes to running with the ball but once he gets into the right positions, he doesn't do enough. Eagle's a clever player but doesn't really have too many winger qualities. I'd like to see him a bit more centrally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 80
80sglory
September 24, 2011, 6:36pm
Guest User
Not sure what to think really, a bit unlucky ?

Wrexham looked a completely different side 2nd half !
Credit to them.

Not knocking individuals but don't think the defence looks secure - it certainly didn't vs Kettering.
3rd goal summed it up for me - we drop way deep, they play it into feet and the runner punishes us.
That said, thought Churchy was excellent today.

Think Hurst is right we played well and need to be more ruthless - Wrexham looked poor 1st half ! Unlucky not to be 2-1 up.

A bit suprised we went 4-4-2 against 4-3-3 - there's no doubt Serge put defences on the back foot, but lord, talk about no end product, think he's got to be super-sub material from now on.

Thought Eagle, Hearn, Wood all did well.

Disley too but why didn't he hit his chance first time ?  

Think the managers were a bit slow to remove Serge and Elding.

Noticed Coulo came on and looked like he's fit in the hole but was told to go left ?
I don't see the point in that at all.

Anyway, disappoiting result and a fair performance with some good football but I just get the impression any half decent side will tear our defence to shreds.

Is the season over ?
Seen enough not to write us off yet but said all year we need to start winning convincigly away to achieve any kind of surge.
Reply: 22 - 80
aaron rattray
September 24, 2011, 6:37pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
theres the proof, i am real

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 80
mariner2000
September 24, 2011, 6:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +171
Gold Stars: 4

Mckeown - 6/10

Ridley - 6/10

Kempson -  7/10

Pearson -  6/10

Wood - 6/10

Makofo - 4/10

Church - . 6/10

Disley - 7/10

Eagle - 6/10

Elding - 3/10

Hearn -  8/10

My first game of the season thought we should have had a draw but we were at fault for our own downfall by not stopping the 2 second half attacks they had.  They were obviously a better technical team  than us and never let us settle on the ball unlike they way we stood off.  Was disappointed in Makofo after all the hype appalling in the first half average in the second half, all running no end result. As for Elding I really hoped the games he's getting would mean I would see a good game out of him,he was one of the worst I have seen at Blundell Park.  Overall on the two I can see why Fenty said Makofo was a disaster signing and why the fans dislike Elding.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 24 - 80
ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 6:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1600
Not sure what to think really, a bit unlucky ?

Wrexham looked a completely different side 2nd half !
Credit to them.

Not knocking individuals but don't think the defence looks secure - it certainly didn't vs Kettering.
3rd goal summed it up for me - we drop way deep, they play it into feet and the runner punishes us.
That said, thought Churchy was excellent today.

Think Hurst is right we played well and need to be more ruthless - Wrexham looked poor 1st half ! Unlucky not to be 2-1 up.

A bit suprised we went 4-4-2 against 4-3-3 - there's no doubt Serge put defences on the back foot, but lord, talk about no end product, think he's got to be super-sub material from now on.

Thought Eagle, Hearn, Wood all did well.

Disley too but why didn't he hit his chance first time ?  

Think the managers were a bit slow to remove Serge and Elding.

Noticed Coulo came on and looked like he's fit in the hole but was told to go left ?
I don't see the point in that at all.

Anyway, disappoiting result and a fair performance with some good football but I just get the impression any half decent side will tear our defence to shreds.

Is the season over ?
Seen enough not to write us off yet but said all year we need to start winning convincigly away to achieve any kind of surge.

Wrexham did tear our defence to bits.We had many situations like the ones they scored from and made the wrong choices every time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 80
ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 6:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete
[quote=799]An entertaining and enjoyable game despite the result.

Today was a season defining game for me,having had ten games to gel and at home against one of the frontrunners.Think we look a mid table side to be honest and still a work in progress.Too good to go down but not good enough to challenge for the top spots.

If you are a team on a bit of a wobble,like Wrexham,then a good place to visit and ge back on track is Blundell Park because we are bound to give you a goal at least and today was no different.Free header from a corner.He didn't even make a good contact and it looped over a stranded goalie.

We get ourselves back in the game with an excellent finish from Hearn but never pushed on from there despite having some good spells of pressure.

Came out second half and really took the game to them but failed to make a breakthrough.They then started to knock the ball around in midfield and pulling us all over the place,which eventually led to their second from some good possession.At 1-2,Disley had a great chance to equalise but hesitated when he should have shot and within minutes we were 1-3 down and chasing shadows.

Their midfield was a notch above ours,especially the wide men.Our wide men just don't cut the mustard for me and neither has any end product.The only player getting any good crosses in was Hearn,who was MOM by a country mile and gets better with every game.

We are a way off challenging at the top but some good signs are there.[/quote

Thanks ginny, for some one like me who can not get to most home games, I value your comments.

Thanks for the thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 80
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2011, 6:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
As an exile, I would love to read something more positive.

From what I've heard & read, it's pretty clear that the managers are about as much cop as the ex-chairman.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 80
80sglory
September 24, 2011, 7:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Wrexham did tear our defence to bits.

I know, that was my point - they looked half decent in the 2nd half.

Reply: 28 - 80
we will return
September 24, 2011, 7:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Anyone have a good view of our disallowed goal because it look onside from where I was?

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.