This thread currently has 8,742 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
cleeimp
September 24, 2011, 5:55pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
As much as I like eagle for his quality that he has and serge for effort and blind enthusiasm I can't help thinking that they will never be players that really pose a threat to teams and create goals on a consistent basis . Wingers make goals in any successful team . The sooner we find out and out wingers who can consistently beat a man and put in a decent cross we won't do fack all !

I realy think your right`IMHO  thee team looked better but why play eagle and why was our best player left on the bench riddle for me should have his name on the bench for good or given the booth how we missed Green Disney was like a headless chicken we will be lucky to stay in the top half.

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 80
ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 6:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Codswede
Just a quick analysis, Eagle on the ball wasn't brilliant, but his delivery from set pieces was worth having him on the pitch for! We looked dangerous at every free-kick and corner. Elding is an absolute weak link up front (although Fluffy Duffy aint much better) he doesn't win the ball, and doesn't worry strikers, and the shot he had from 25 yards when he had free men just summed him up. Hearn was spot on and Disley looks to be a class act in the middle, I didn't think Church showed much today and Serge just couldn't keep the ball anywhere near him!!! That said, we played some great football in the first 60 minutes, and its hard to believe we actually lost the match! But we WILL beat the lesser teams by playing like this, hope we can build on it and get a nice run going!

I'm moving to Spain on Wednesday so that's my last town match for the foreseeable future, Real Racing Club de Santander my new local team drew 0-0 with Real Madrid on Wednesday night, I just hope I can come back and still appreciate the Mighty Mariners in the future after seeing the Spanish style of football!

UTM

Adios amigo.

I'm sure watching Spanish top flight footy in the sunshine will be a lot harder than watching our beloved Mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 80
ticker_1610
September 24, 2011, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
We need to close down opponents far quicker when we lose possession. Decision making in and around the final third needs improving. Makofo beat their defender hands down all game then nothing with the ball when a killer pass was on several times. Were not far off being a decent team, however we need an outlet wide right who can get round defenders. Hearn needs a strike partner ASAP that he can feed off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 80
alvinghammariner
September 24, 2011, 6:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from Codswede
Just a quick analysis, Eagle on the ball wasn't brilliant, but his delivery from set pieces was worth having him on the pitch for! We looked dangerous at every free-kick and corner. Elding is an absolute weak link up front (although Fluffy Duffy aint much better) he doesn't win the ball, and doesn't worry strikers, and the shot he had from 25 yards when he had free men just summed him up. Hearn was spot on and Disley looks to be a class act in the middle, I didn't think Church showed much today and Serge just couldn't keep the ball anywhere near him!!! That said, we played some great football in the first 60 minutes, and its hard to believe we actually lost the match! But we WILL beat the lesser teams by playing like this, hope we can build on it and get a nice run going!

I'm moving to Spain on Wednesday so that's my last town match for the foreseeable future, Real Racing Club de Santander my new local team drew 0-0 with Real Madrid on Wednesday night, I just hope I can come back and still appreciate the Mighty Mariners in the future after seeing the Spanish style of football!

UTM

Really? i thought our midfield duo both played well! And i've just realized who you are! The wingers were both poor today, they're both one footed and playing on the wrong wing means when they cut in they get crowded out. We matched them until they scored the second, then we gave them too much space. why do people boo and cheer subs sarcastically, it doesn't help when you're chasing the game!

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 80
aaron rattray
September 24, 2011, 6:11pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
i sat in N79 in the mainstand, 1st half we looked good i thought. 1st goal good corner nobody jumped at all and the person on the line didnt make much attempt to stop the ball from entering the net, elding was onside in my opionon, 2nd goal a good pass by disley to find him and a good finish with the outsdie of his boot, i dont think connell would of scored that, their 2nd goal, wood could of done better, so could of disley to hit it out, and when the player who scored went forward nobody went too him, their 3rd goal was just a catalouge of errors, kempson pearson wood church disley and ridley just stood there all in a great big bundle and he just hit in, and how the intercourse didnt we score in that scramble? instead of blasting in the shot church just tapped it, and makofo couldnt control a player on fifa let alone the football. who agrees?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 80
jonnyboy82
September 24, 2011, 6:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
i thought we were excrement today bar one or two ten minute periods..

everytime wrexham went forward i felt they were going to score..

the abuse elding got was totally out of order i didnt hear anyone giving rob eagle abuse and he had a far worse game..

the club is a mess from top to serge makofo..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 80
pontoonlew
September 24, 2011, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from aaron rattray
i sat in N79 in the mainstand, 1st half we looked good i thought. 1st goal good corner nobody jumped at all and the person on the line didnt make much attempt to stop the ball from entering the net, elding was onside in my opionon, 2nd goal a good pass by disley to find him and a good finish with the outsdie of his boot, i dont think connell would of scored that, their 2nd goal, wood could of done better, so could of disley to hit it out, and when the player who scored went forward nobody went too him, their 3rd goal was just a catalouge of errors, kempson pearson wood church disley and ridley just stood there all in a great big bundle and he just hit in, and how the intercourse didnt we score in that scramble? instead of blasting in the shot church just tapped it, and makofo couldnt control a player on fifa let alone the football. who agrees?

I've just clicked on your facebook, your real, my god....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 80
bradzmilne
September 24, 2011, 6:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Brad woods 5th yellow card, does he miss kiddy game?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 80
ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 6:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from bradzmilne
Brad woods 5th yellow card, does he miss kiddy game?

Yep.

Wasn't a foul or a yellow IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 80
grimsby pete
September 24, 2011, 6:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,835
Gold Stars: 222
[quote=799]An entertaining and enjoyable game despite the result.

Today was a season defining game for me,having had ten games to gel and at home against one of the frontrunners.Think we look a mid table side to be honest and still a work in progress.Too good to go down but not good enough to challenge for the top spots.

If you are a team on a bit of a wobble,like Wrexham,then a good place to visit and ge back on track is Blundell Park because we are bound to give you a goal at least and today was no different.Free header from a corner.He didn't even make a good contact and it looped over a stranded goalie.

We get ourselves back in the game with an excellent finish from Hearn but never pushed on from there despite having some good spells of pressure.

Came out second half and really took the game to them but failed to make a breakthrough.They then started to knock the ball around in midfield and pulling us all over the place,which eventually led to their second from some good possession.At 1-2,Disley had a great chance to equalise but hesitated when he should have shot and within minutes we were 1-3 down and chasing shadows.

Their midfield was a notch above ours,especially the wide men.Our wide men just don't cut the mustard for me and neither has any end product.The only player getting any good crosses in was Hearn,who was MOM by a country mile and gets better with every game.

We are a way off challenging at the top but some good signs are there.[/quote

Thanks ginny, for some one like me who can not get to most home games, I value your comments.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.