ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 9:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from bostonian
Pity Robs no faking money .     If he had he could solve your defensive problems by signing a SPEEDY young central defender with passing ability  named Ward playing for Boston U  .    Was very despontent when Pearson left never thought our managers would manage to unearth a better player as they have done.

The reports of Pearsons greatness by several of your brethren must mean that the standards in your league are considerably worse than this one and that's not saying much,cos this league is gash.

He's okay but a bit slow and limited IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 80
barralad
September 24, 2011, 9:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from moosey_club
Two key points for me which changed the game,

half time...we were on top at that point and looking comfortable , their manager did the business at half time ours didnt

Disley through on goal at 1-2..dallied..chance gone and very shortly after they hit the third

disappointed in the management today as it was clear after half time they had upped it and had the better hand but they did not react until the third went in.

What a very good point! Duffy won two headers in the first three minutes he was on the field which eclipsed Elding's zilch in 82 minutes comfortably. If the managers want to play the long ball then could we please have someone who can at least get off the ground?

Disley's WAS a game changing miss. He had at least two opportunities to bury a shot but nothing.

Who was it who decided to try to side foot the ball before the melee in the last minute of stoppage time? If ever a ball needed hammering it was that one.

Sums us up really. Everytime we have a choice of two or more options we appear to take the wrong one.

I cannot for the life of me understand the praise being heaped on our central midfielders. They were made to look distinctly average by Wrexham's small trio who simply passed the ball round them. The only mystery is how a club that seemingly only survived pre-season by having a whip round amongst fans can have kept hold of any of them.

Makofo continues to flatter to deceive. The one where he got a free kick after clearly kicking the ball too far in front of him was almost comical.

As Ginny says-the team has a distinctly mid-table feel about it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 80
voice of reason
September 24, 2011, 9:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from barralad

What a very good point! Duffy won two headers in the first three minutes he was on the field which eclipsed Elding's zilch in 82 minutes comfortably. If the managers want to play the long ball then could we please have someone who can at least get off the ground?

Disley's WAS a game changing miss. He had at least two opportunities to bury a shot but nothing.

Who was it who decided to try to side foot the ball before the melee in the last minute of stoppage time? If ever a ball needed hammering it was that one.

Sums us up really. Everytime we have a choice of two or more options we appear to take the wrong one.

I cannot for the life of me understand the praise being heaped on our central midfielders. They were made to look distinctly average by Wrexham's small trio who simply passed the ball round them. The only mystery is how a club that seemingly only survived pre-season by having a whip round amongst fans can have kept hold of any of them.

Makofo continues to flatter to deceive. The one where he got a free kick after clearly kicking the ball too far in front of him was almost comical.

Not according to ratface and we know he is very knowledgeable about all things football...  

Anyway, the radio said it was Church and agreed with you...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 80
bladerunnner
September 24, 2011, 9:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from ginnywings

Agreed.They just don't get enough crosses in.

mmm, and us with big old fashioned centre forwards that thrive on decent quality crosses,im suprised someone hasn't mentioned this before(not). i sometimes wonder if weve got a gameplan.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 80
aaron rattray
September 24, 2011, 9:32pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from voice of reason

Not according to ratface and we know he is very knowledgeable about all things football...  

Anyway, the radio said it was Church and agreed with you...

no hang on, i said why did he tap it when he could of blasted it read my post again!

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 80
ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 9:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from barralad

Pretty much a spot on summary Barra.

That Church effort was pathetic.I said to my brother,that in mine or his playing days,either of us presented with that chance,would have hammered it with everything we had.Had we not scored someone would have got floored by the ball at least.

I said after Tuesday night that we lack decisiveness in both boxes and today summed it up just perfectly.What was Disley thinking of?A first time snap shot would have almost certainly brought the equaliser and much needed momentum.May have even gone on and won.

Nice jumper you had on today by the way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 80
voice of reason
September 24, 2011, 9:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from aaron rattray

no hang on, i said why did he tap it when he could of blasted it read my post again!

So you did ratface... My apologies...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 80
aaron rattray
September 24, 2011, 9:36pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from voice of reason

So you did ratface... My apologies...

its allright mate

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 80
ginnywings
September 24, 2011, 9:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from bladerunnner

mmm, and us with big old fashioned centre forwards that thrive on decent quality crosses,im suprised someone hasn't mentioned this before(not). i sometimes wonder if weve got a gameplan.

Our 3 "wingers" were inherited by Hinge and Bracket,so maybe that tied their hands a bit but i have been saying since the friendlies that we need at least one out and out winger who can get to the byline and put in good crosses with regularity.

I've never been impressed with Makofo since day one and nothing has changed my mind yet.Eagle has some good qualities but is neither fast enough or strong enough to get past the full back.Coulson has something about him but seems off the pace.It's another argument whether he is playing badly because he's not getting a regular game,or not getting a regular game because he's playing badly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 80
80sglory
September 24, 2011, 9:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from bostonian
If he had he could solve your defensive problems by signing a SPEEDY young central defender with passing ability  named Ward playing for Boston U  .

We've already got one - Charlie I'Anson.

Quoted from barralad
I cannot for the life of me understand the praise being heaped on our central midfielders. They were made to look distinctly average by Wrexham

You've just answered your own question !  

PS Good post.
Reply: 49 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.