6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
September 21, 2011, 12:49pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Chris

I accept that Biggles but its still pretty depressing to see. Really hope we see an attendance over the 3,000 mark at least on Saturday because our current form really does warrant it. 3 wins in 4 is good going and a win on Saturday should really put down a marker after a disappointing start to the season.

Hopefully so mate, as long as the team are performing that will bring people in slowly and you never know. Some of the adversity might bring in extra fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
we will return
September 21, 2011, 12:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted Text
Nice the Grimsby fans applauding the 41 travellers as did Anthony Elding .. who was class last night.

Taken from the Kettering forum. [url]http://www.poppynet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11803&start=180[/url]

They must be used to some fairly shocking football.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
flash1
September 21, 2011, 1:02pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from biggles9999

It was a Tuesday night Chris when attendances are generally lower and I cant imagine the events of the last few days help things along much.

I know quite a lot of people who cant get to games on a Tuesday evening due to other commitments and i'd imagine theres quite a few people with kids or have to be up early for work who dont go.

that trully isnt an excuse not to go really is it?,i,m up at 4.45 in a morning for work,but still manage to make the 60 mile round trip!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
headingly_mariner
September 21, 2011, 1:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Im with Chris, Kempson is a liability and clearly him and pearson struggle to play together, he is often out of position and he makes far to many mistakes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
0ld timer
September 21, 2011, 1:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
maybe all those who stopped going because of fenty ,, will return on sat and we will have a gate of 6,000   i dont think so tho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
Rodley Mariner
September 21, 2011, 1:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from we will return

Taken from the Kettering forum. [url]http://www.poppynet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11803&start=180[/url]

They must be used to some fairly shocking football.

I thought Elding had a good game. People are looking for and focusing on the poor stuff because he's started slowly and he should definitely have done better with the free header. However, thought his link up play was good, he worked hard, got into the right position to take his goal and showed some great touches. Thought it was clearly evident that he had a bit more class about him than most others on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 1:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
just as an aside when did we last pick up 9 points out of 12?
that's what those good teams call 'promotion form' isn't it? not a phrase we're regularly familiar with of course!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
jock dock tower
September 21, 2011, 2:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The Stockport fans around me in the main stand were giving Elding dog's abuse, from his time at Rochdale. You don't normally get that if you're a poor player?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
we will return
September 21, 2011, 2:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I thought Elding had a good game. People are looking for and focusing on the poor stuff because he's started slowly and he should definitely have done better with the free header. However, thought his link up play was good, he worked hard, got into the right position to take his goal and showed some great touches. Thought it was clearly evident that he had a bit more class about him than most others on the pitch.

Ok, to be fair he did play a lot better than he had in recent games and he showed glimpes of the good player he has proved to be in the past, but I won't agree with the Kettering fan saying he was class.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
Maringer
September 21, 2011, 3:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
It was Elding's best game for us without a doubt. Hopefully it will give him the kick up the bum to show what he is capable of at this level. He managed a goal every two games at Stevenage so I suppose that I'd have to be reasonably satisfied if he could recreate that form...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.