6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ponnyfan
September 20, 2011, 11:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from petethemariner
I agree with you Maringer about Kempson - in this league he would be the first name on my teamsheet, he isn't a ball playing centre back, neither was Mark Lever or Justin Whittle  to name but two, who were fan favourites, but he will put his foot,head or whatever in  where it hurts to win the ball - the thug centre back from Fleetwood  is just a stopper, but we can never get the better of him!
I agree with your comments about Kempson, heart on his sleeve battler who would lay it on the line for his team.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
alvinghammariner
September 20, 2011, 11:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
second game in a row i've gone away from bp happy, shaky after we conceded but dominated the second half, i have to agree the set plays and crosses were poor, they either didnt beat the first man, or were looped in with no real conviction, which were easy to defend against.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
ponnyfan
September 21, 2011, 12:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Eagle cannot cross the ball.Give the responsibility to someone who can.Simples.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
petethemariner
September 21, 2011, 12:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
There is very little that has infuriated me more  as a player, manager and spectator than corners/freekicks
that fail to beat the first man - centre backs trudge up 60 yards and then  have to rush back the same distance to
get back in position because someone who is in the team for the purpose  of providing decent service c'ant do his job.
Doesn't matter to me if its Eagle or whoever, although Eagle seems to have become a past master at failing to beat the first defender with his kicks - S & H really do have to work on improving our set pieces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
Havelock the Dane
September 21, 2011, 8:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Best cross of the night was Green's for Coulson to score.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
STB
September 21, 2011, 8:08am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Well done Town.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
acko338
September 21, 2011, 8:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
So many corners, so few chances ! Need a big kicker that can reach the far side of the goal or the centre spot!

Pearson won't bother running up soon - waste of energy!

On the live match thread, the other interesting note this morning is the run of times the phrase - "Hearn shot, on target, blocked", is in use!

Six times on the report as I read it this morning.

It seems to be written in advance for regular use during the games - spotted it in reports over the last few weeks!

Can we recalibrate his feet to a poor golf shot sliding the ball either side not going straight to goalies or defenders??

At a rough count up, he has been through and shot accurately within the framework of the opposition goal at least 20 times, but no goals as yet.

However, after the lack lustre display vs Stockport.. a win, yes, it's a win, not pretty, should have been by more, but it's 3 points.

With Gateshead surprisingly losing, we are still only 7 points from top place.

A run of wins + a couple of draws would put us right up there, even if we're not firing on all four cylinders.

It's going to be a really tight league as anyone can beat anyone this year.

Also think it's time for Serge to drop to sub and come on in the 2nd half to blaze past tired defenders... and practice more centres at speed in training, please !!!

If we can get Hearn scoring, we can fly.... his chances are many, currently his goals are nil!

Anyway, roll on Saturday.... UTM !! Would be good to see more supporters turning up ??????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
Chris
September 21, 2011, 8:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
After a poor first half in which we hoofed the ball aimlessly, we totally and utterly dominated the second.

Still much to do (starting on Saturday) but thats 3 wins in 4, and that is (whispering) promotion form! The crowd was really bad. A 5-0 defeat sees 1500 fall off the attendance yet despite 2 consecutive home wins and a good win last time out at home, the attendance actually falls even further for last night? I don't understand, do the people of this area really want/deserve a professional football club??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
ROKERITE
September 21, 2011, 8:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Chris
After a poor first half in which we hoofed the ball aimlessly, we totally and utterly dominated the second.

Still much to do (starting on Saturday) but thats 3 wins in 4, and that is (whispering) promotion form! The crowd was really bad. A 5-0 defeat sees 1500 fall off the attendance yet despite 2 consecutive home wins and a good win last time out at home, the attendance actually falls even further for last night? I don't understand, do the people of this area really want/deserve a professional football club??

Attendances throughout The BSP were disappointing last night. Only three topped 2,000 and none reached 3,000. Lincoln had just over 1,500 and poor H&Y 209.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
Chris
September 21, 2011, 8:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from ponnyfan
I agree with your comments about Kempson, heart on his sleeve battler who would lay it on the line for his team.

He'd be on the bench (at best) in any team Id selected! Not good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.