6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 20, 2011, 10:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Not the best of games but the win made it more palatable.They were average at best and we weren't much better but did enough in patches to just about deserve the win.

Comedy defending for their goal and there were a couple of other situations when we looked a bit dodgy at the back.We are very easy to score against and teams always seem to get a goal against us somehow.

We looked at our dodgiest after each of our goals funnily enough and seemed to go on the back foot each time we scored for a few minutes.Came from behind to win though and that's a change and we now have three wins out of four,so can't complain at that.

Those asking for eagle to come back in will be pleased to know he still can't cross a football and his many corners were shocking in the main.

Good result but we will have to be a lot better to beat Wrexham and other top sides if we want to climb the league.

Thought Green was our best player and we need to get him signed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pontoonlew
September 20, 2011, 10:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Defensively we were TERRIBLE! So sluggish and slow, for such a shite team to look dangerous on so many occasions coming forward was pretty embarrasing to be honest. Cant pick anybody else but Disley and Hearn who had good games, Serge plays like he's never watched a football game in his life, he is actually quite good but his decison making is amongst the worst i've seen in a footballer. Eagle was pretty terrible, as was Elding. Elding did get a goal but that doesn't equate to a good game, missed a flipping sitter and didn't support Hearn in the slightest, very harsh that Duffy was dropped. All in all it wasn't pretty but the 3 points is the important thing, but there were some ominous signs in there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
Gtfc grassroots
September 20, 2011, 10:16pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -15
Quoted from pontoonlew
Defensively we were TERRIBLE! So sluggish and slow, for such a shite team to look dangerous on so many occasions coming forward was pretty embarrasing to be honest. Cant pick anybody else but Disley and Hearn who had good games, Serge plays like he's never watched a football game in his life, he is actually quite good but his decison making is amongst the worst i've seen in a footballer. Eagle was pretty terrible, as was Elding. Elding did get a goal but that doesn't equate to a good game, missed a flipping sitter and didn't support Hearn in the slightest, very harsh that Duffy was dropped. All in all it wasn't pretty but the 3 points is the important thing, but there were some ominous signs in there.

A team that has arguably one of the best strikers in the league but I admit we were poor at times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
AndyGTFC
September 20, 2011, 10:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
We never do things the easy way but we deserved to win. We were the better team and Kettering were really poor for the most part.

It wasn't always pretty and it wasn't a game full of quality but we played fairly well. There was a lot of effort in there and we got our reward. We still look a bit shaky defensively, it cost us the first goal and there was a horrible mix-up at the end that had me shitting it but we managed to scramble it away, thank god!

It was nice for Elding to get his first goal, nobody will complain if he can start taking his chances and scoring. Green was good again, helps to have his pace at the back and he's very good going forward. Eagle had a good game also.

Well done Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
pontoonlew
September 20, 2011, 10:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Gtfc grassroots

A team that has arguably one of the best strikers in the league but I admit we were poor at times

Marna wasn't all that tonight, there number 7 was much better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
itsnotcoditshaddock
September 20, 2011, 10:27pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
I thought we played quite well in patches. A little more quality in the final third and we would have won comfortably. Eagle, Church, Green and Disley stand out for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
barralad
September 20, 2011, 10:31pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from ginnywings
Not the best of games but the win made it more palatable.They were average at best and we weren't much better but did enough in patches to just about deserve the win.

Comedy defending for their goal and there were a couple of other situations when we looked a bit dodgy at the back.We are very easy to score against and teams always seem to get a goal against us somehow.

We looked at our dodgiest after each of our goals funnily enough and seemed to go on the back foot each time we scored for a few minutes.Came from behind to win though and that's a change and we now have three wins out of four,so can't complain at that.

Those asking for eagle to come back in will be pleased to know he still can't cross a football and his many corners were shocking in the main.

Good result but we will have to be a lot better to beat Wrexham and other top sides if we want to climb the league.

Thought Green was our best player and we need to get him signed.

It isn't just him though. Our dead ball delivery is absolutely woeful. It was pitiful on Saturday and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of corners which managed to elude the first defender.

Agree about Green. According to RH the managers may be about to offer him "something" contract-wise. I certainly hope so. It is no coincidence that our three wins in four games are the same four games he has played for us.

I felt a bit sorry for Eagle who despite H and S apparent belief otherwise clearly never has had a right foot...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
bradzmilne
September 20, 2011, 10:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Did hearn score? The speaker said he did, i thought it was coulo myself but i didnt have the clearest view

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
Paris Mariner
September 20, 2011, 10:37pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
One thing that has surprised me about RS and PH is that their set plays are rubbish. I though with them coming from divisions below the Conference previously that they'd pretty hot on this as set plays are where a lot of goals come from in non-league football in general. The games I have been to this season and judging by tonight's report, Town have been poor from this point of view. That is disappointing. The criticism that Eagle gets on here seems harsh too, he got a few goals last season and has barely had a look in this year. He' only young, give him a bloomin' chance! It's almost like he's the new Bore.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 54
ginnywings
September 20, 2011, 10:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from bradzmilne
Did hearn score? The speaker said he did, i thought it was coulo myself but i didnt have the clearest view

'Twas Coulson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.