Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 188 Guests

Fans only forum.

This thread currently has 4,992 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 1:51pm
Guest User
I know this was already discussed by shaunieboy on the "muppets" thread but felt shocked (and confused) to see the fishy slap it on their front page today. Is there a simple reason the fishy are giving it attention ?

Personally not only do I find the whole exercise pointless(isn't debating what the fishy's for ?), I find the very thought of it patronizing and bordering on offensive.

Firstly, it re-enforces the bizarre idea the fans are generally at fault and somehow need to "reform".

Secondly (short of all the questions regarding how it will actually work), are you seriously telling me getting a load of fans into a room and letting them "vent their fury" is gonna be the magic wand to GTFC's problems ?
At least with a club forum you can ask genuine questions, get some answers and put the commanders in chief under the spotlight.

Don't get me wrong, I object greatly to abuse at games and accept fans can be overly negative at times but I see little or no connection between the general frustration of fans and GTFC's performances on the pitch when the support has been generally good.

"I would appreciate peoples' co-operation in this. This is a chance to come along say what you want but if you don't turn up this gives you in future no reason to complain."

My god man, who do you think you are ?!!!  

Quoted from shaunieboy
i would hate to be called a tosser , male masturbator,anus

You're not doing a great deal to convince me othewise with this ridiculous idea.  

Even if I agree with the idea(which I certainly don't) give me one advantage of sharing frustrations in a room rather than on the fishy.
Besides which, are all the people in this room gonna be branded as "the underlying problem" ? Looks likely !
Don't mean to urine on anyone's bonfire but I suggest people don't waste their time, petrol money etc.
gtfc98
September 5, 2011, 1:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
I don't really understand what Shaunie Boy's proposal is. Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't make any sense whatsoever?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 1:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
What a shite idea. The fishy is a fans only forum.

Drop blaming the fans its pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 2:13pm
Guest User
Anybody who voted yes care to share their thoughts on why they think it's a good idea ?
Reply: 3 - 53
malkamalka
September 5, 2011, 2:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
I too can't see the point of this. If the crowd are getting out of hand, it's up to the club security to deal with it. I can visualise the "I'm a perfect supporter" group on one side and "I'm a pillock and that's my right" on the other with the result being a mass kicking in of heads at BP. Sounds like a Pier organised job to me.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 2:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -3
when i look at this i believe that alot of us on fishy are probably genuine fans but if we are why is this such a bad idea, after speaking to john insome depth i believe especially after the win on saturday there are good times around the corner but why is it some people can just not get of the backs of players. i did not here a bad vibe on saturday ast FGR and what a good result it was. but the comments where on the board again so we should its only FGR but they have as much right to be in this league as us at the present time until we get out of here we should respect the opposition. what rights have Swansea norwich, rangers, westbrom,and the likes of playing against man u chelsea, liverpool arsenal their rights are they have been promoted to that division and we are the opposite and been relagated so these do have the rights to be there and we do need to respect teams, when the fans realise that we are in the conference things may improve so lets get off the backs and realise we are where we are for a reason.  we are going to have to grind out results like this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
voice of reason
September 5, 2011, 2:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
It's one of the most ridiculous things I have heard of and will solve absolutely ZERO... I bet JF is loving this...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 2:43pm
Beer Drinker
at the end of the day reason you are the reason why we are where we are i think you should of called yourself voice of excrement,so turn up and voice you opinions then oh no probably not because you only like to stir the excrement up on this board .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
RoboCod
September 5, 2011, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I don't get why these 'negative' and abusive fans are getting so much attention, it's not unique to GTFC. They're at every club, you just have to get on with it, engage them in debate or, preferably ignore them. They're the same throughout the country, world and possibly universe.
There's more than a few Lincoln fans calling for the head of Tilson, and a few more defeats will see the same situation at Scunny and other places. I doubt they'll be having a meeting over these more 'vocal' of fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 2:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from shaunieboy
when i look at this i believe that alot of us on fishy are probably genuine fans but if we are why is this such a bad idea, after speaking to john insome depth i believe especially after the win on saturday there are good times around the corner but why is it some people can just not get of the backs of players. i did not here a bad vibe on saturday ast FGR and what a good result it was. but the comments where on the board again so we should its only FGR but they have as much right to be in this league as us at the present time until we get out of here we should respect the opposition. what rights have Swansea norwich, rangers, westbrom,and the likes of playing against man u chelsea, liverpool arsenal their rights are they have been promoted to that division and we are the opposite and been relagated so these do have the rights to be there and we do need to respect teams, when the fans realise that we are in the conference things may improve so lets get off the backs and realise we are where we are for a reason.  we are going to have to grind out results like this.

is this a wind up?

If it is it is a really good one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 2:48pm
Beer Drinker
explain why its a windup
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 2:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from shaunieboy
explain why its a windup

its not a wind up then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 2:57pm
Beer Drinker
come on why is it a wind up so you must think we should not take teams seriously then and that we should not be in this league well that is why we are were we are because good old town fans still think we are in the championship and not in non league football fenty rob scott are spot on you are living in the past
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
voice of reason
September 5, 2011, 2:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from shaunieboy
at the end of the day reason you are the reason why we are where we are i think you should of called yourself voice of excrement,so turn up and voice you opinions then oh no probably not because you only like to stir the excrement up on this board .

Are you for real...???

I tell you what, when JF removes his hand from up your bottom and you start thinking for yourself then you can come at me with some of your ridiculous bullshite...

And of course I wouldn't turn up you prat... For a start it'll achieve nothing and it'll also be infested by idiots like your good self...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 3:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from shaunieboy
come on why is it a wind up so you must think we should not take teams seriously then and that we should not be in this league well that is why we are were we are because good old town fans still think we are in the championship and not in non league football fenty rob scott are spot on you are living in the past

We are in the conference because i am living in the past?

Some people should not be allowed a keyboard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 3:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from shaunieboy
i did not here a bad vibe on saturday ast FGR and what a good result it was.

Did you hear any bad vibes against Fleetwood or Cambridge ?
Are you implying the overwhelming majority aren't getting behind the team at BP ?
How come even Scott praised the home fans for their support but you won't ?

Quoted from shaunieboy
but the comments where on the board again so we should its only FGR

I don't recall them - please show me ?
In any case, not from me they weren't, I was arguing exactly the same as you, before kick off !

shaunieboy, you've completely ignored the question of what this forum can achieve - to be frank, I hope RH gave this the contempt it deserves.

Quoted from shaunieboy
at the end of the day reason you are the reason why we are where we are i think you should of called yourself voice of excrement,so turn up and voice you opinions then oh no probably not because you only like to stir the excrement up on this board.

Right now we're getting to the crux...
So it's not just getting on the players backs which is the issue - it's the supposed "negativity" on the message boards too ?

voiceofreason, shaunieboy seems to suggesting you're the "problem" for having an opinion.
Please be totally honest, do you support the team or have you ever got on the players backs ?
Reply: 15 - 53
Coley Surfer
September 5, 2011, 3:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from headingly_mariner

We are in the conference because i am living in the past?

Some people should not be allowed a keyboard.

No thats not it you negative stirrer. We are where we are because we have no respect for the opposing teams and we should get off the players backs and Swansea have every right to play Man Utd because they got promoted and we didn't, but it will all be better because if the moaners don't turn up at the forum then they give up any rights to moan about anything.

Jeez I mean come on it's quite clear, isn't it?

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 3:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

No thats not it you negative stirrer. We are where we are because we have no respect for the opposing teams and we should get off the players backs and Swansea have every right to play Man Utd because they got promoted and we didn't, but it will all be better because if the moaners don't turn up at the forum then they give up any rights to moan about anything.

Jeez I mean come on it's quite clear, isn't it?

Now that you mention it, its crystal  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 3:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from RoboCod
I don't get why these 'negative' and abusive fans are getting so much attention, it's not unique to GTFC. They're at every club, you just have to get on with it, engage them in debate or, preferably ignore them. They're the same throughout the country, world and possibly universe.

The voice of common sense, spot on.

I think the chairman should also be saying this.
Reply: 18 - 53
Coley Surfer
September 5, 2011, 3:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

I think the chairman should also be saying this.

That would be the same chairman that singled them out in the first place.  

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 3:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from Coley Surfer
We are where we are because we have no respect for the opposing teams and we should get off the players backs

We're in the conference because we had no respect for League 2 teams ?

Reply: 20 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 3:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Coley Surfer
That would be the same chairman that singled them out in the first place.  

You see it as a vindication ?
I see it as more evidence he's lost the plot.
Besides which, I'm not sure he did "single them out" - I thought it required an effort from "everyone" ?
Reply: 21 - 53
voice of reason
September 5, 2011, 4:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Did you hear any bad vibes against Fleetwood or Cambridge ?
Are you implying the overwhelming majority aren't getting behind the team at BP ?
How come even Scott praised the home fans for their support but you won't ?

I don't recall them - please show me ?
In any case, not from me they weren't, I was arguing exactly the same as you, before kick off !

shaunieboy, you've completely ignored the question of what this forum can achieve - to be frank, I hope RH gave this the contempt it deserves.

Right now we're getting to the crux...
So it's not just getting on the players backs which is the issue - it's the supposed "negativity" on the message boards too ?

voiceofreason, shaunieboy seems to suggesting you're the "problem" for having an opinion.
Please be totally honest, do you support the team or have you ever got on the players backs ?

Yes, I support the team and have done for nearly 20 yrs, probs been going for 16 yrs...

Yes, I have shouted my thoughts to the players if i've felt they deserved it... But these games have been few and far between, i'm not someone who goes to BP with the intention of shouting at the players or management and in fact, despite what I thought was a very poor performance against Fleetwood I backed the team when they was getting some grief...

Oh and trying to pass the blame onto any fan regardless of how they behave for our rapid decline is one of the most pitiful, shambolic things any chairman could do and what makes it worse is our chairman is getting other fans to blame each other...

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
Coley Surfer
September 5, 2011, 4:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

You see it as a vindication ?
I see it as more evidence he's lost the plot.
Besides which, I'm not sure he did "single them out" - I thought it required an effort from "everyone" ?

I think you need a sarcasm detector.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 4:16pm
Guest User
Coley Surfer I did think you might be, but you said to "stop getting on the players backs" so wasn't sure if you agreed with the stance the club was taking or not.

VOR, thanks and I agree with you.
Reply: 24 - 53
Biccys
September 5, 2011, 4:19pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I have a bad feeling about this.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 53
Rodley Mariner
September 5, 2011, 4:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
What's it going to achieve? Realistically won't it basically just replicate a thread on here? We might as have a forum to decide how Scunny's attendances compare to ours  and whether Peter Bore was lazy or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
1mickylyons
September 5, 2011, 4:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
is a fans only forum a good/bad idea? How the hell can anyone answer that question it is a pointless exercise and worse still very poorly thought out im not at all suprised it  had the JF and Dale thumbs up it means people can go along moan like fcuk and they wont have any difficult questions to answer.Shaunieboy your wasting your time and people who pay for a ticket are entitled to an opinion regardless of what RS and JF say tell them to sort out the football side of things and they might not hear so much moaning ffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
Super Clive
September 5, 2011, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Oh dear shaunieboy, Dial 999 for crimes against football, Us fans would plead guilty I'm sure, but would Mr Fenty?  
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 5:53pm
Beer Drinker
look not bothering with doing this now but when all the knobs carry on and on and this does not improve with the negativity dont come on here shouting your mouths off.
its boring and so are all those who shout their mouths off god i only wish i knew where you all worked as i would come in and shout and critiicise you all like you do all the time . and if you believe the fans have a say because they pay the wages well you all mistaken. if i did not love my team i would say go intercourse you all and hope johmn pulls his money and then you would not have a club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from shaunieboy
look not bothering with doing this now but when all the knobs carry on and on and this does not improve with the negativity dont come on here shouting your mouths off.
its boring and so are all those who shout their mouths off god i only wish i knew where you all worked as i would come in and shout and critiicise you all like you do all the time . and if you believe the fans have a say because they pay the wages well you all mistaken. if i did not love my team i would say go intercourse you all and hope johmn pulls his money and then you would not have a club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
Tommy
September 5, 2011, 5:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Waste of time I'm afraid shaunieboy.

This will be an embarrassment as noone with any sense will turn up.

Surely the best way forward is for the fans who understand the game to be more vocal at BP during the games. I try, whenever I'm near some idiots (every week) shouting a load of crap like the "get it forward" shouts against Cambridge when we were patiently playing football when 2-1 up, to shout something back at them or to the players to counter the initial negative b@ll@cks.

The negative brain dead fans appear to be the most vocal, so let's just have a bit more common sense being shouted in the stands. No need for a 'fans forum' of any sort. Enough people moan about brain dead people shouting rubbish so do something about it, constructively, during the games.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
gary_elton
September 5, 2011, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
somebody's getting excited  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 6:02pm
Guest User
Good idea Tommy.

Next time you hear Fred Flintstone pipe up, blast "MAAARIIIINNEEERS" into his earhole - that'll shut him up !  
Reply: 33 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 6:12pm
Beer Drinker
you are a twit and tommy i totally agree with you most that turn up on this site are brain dead and yes tommy we had had the same near us in the pontoon against cambridge shouting to get the ball forward when we where totally in control of the game.
darlington was the same we all knew we where lob sided but as soon as we sorted it i thought we played well but again come up against sam russell having yet another good game against us, but all the braindeads say we where shite .
anyway tommy its nice to speak to someone who has common sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
Tommy
September 5, 2011, 6:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 1600
Good idea Tommy.

Next time you hear Fred Flintstone pipe up, blast "MAAARIIIINNEEERS" into his earhole - that'll shut him up !  

Ha, yeah something like that'd be great.

In the cambridge game though people were expecting us to steamroller them when they went down to ten men, and like I said plenty of people moaning and shouting "get it forward" whenever we made a pass back to one of the centre backs. Each time they moaned I just kept shouting "that's it, keep ball Town, start from the back again, well done" and applauding, or  words to that effect.

We were doing the right thing trying to play football and not send it down the throats of the opposition centrebacks which they would have wanted. You can't always pass forward, and normally in possession you will have to go back and/or across the back 4 to work a bit of space or an opening.

I felt like the only person to understand this in the area I was sitting as people were either silent or moaning about it. I just think some of these people would shut up if more people that could see sense let them know they're talking rubbish DURING GAMES.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
voice of reason
September 5, 2011, 6:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from shaunieboy

Bloody brilliant...      

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
pseudonym
September 5, 2011, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from Tommy
Waste of time I'm afraid shaunieboy.

This will be an embarrassment as noone with any sense will turn up.

Surely the best way forward is for the fans who understand the game to be more vocal at BP during the games. I try, whenever I'm near some idiots (every week) shouting a load of crap like the "get it forward" shouts against Cambridge when we were patiently playing football when 2-1 up, to shout something back at them or to the players to counter the initial negative b@ll@cks.

The negative brain dead fans appear to be the most vocal, so let's just have a bit more common sense being shouted in the stands. No need for a 'fans forum' of any sort. Enough people moan about brain dead people shouting rubbish so do something about it, constructively, during the games.
Well said

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
aldi_01
September 5, 2011, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Apart from trying decipher the post of 'shaunieboy' am hurting my head, the whole concept is a flipping joke right?

Are we not already on a fans forum??? The only thing i could see by getting only fans in a room to vent is a violent ending, tempers will fray and opinions will cause issues that in turn will lead to violence and will not solve anything.

Yes, negative fans are an issue but as stated every club has them and you just have to deal with it, at the end of the day none of us were the excrement mercenaries, crap managers etc, we were the poor illegitimates paying to watch the shite served up.

Silly idea that will have no outcome and clearly doesn't really have an objective...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 6:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tommy

In the cambridge game though people were expecting us to steamroller them when they went down to ten men, and like I said plenty of people moaning and shouting "get it forward" whenever we made a pass back to one of the centre backs. Each time they moaned I just kept shouting "that's it, keep ball Town, start from the back again, well done" and applauding, or  words to that effect.

We were doing the right thing trying to play football and not send it down the throats of the opposition centrebacks which they would have wanted. You can't always pass forward, and normally in possession you will have to go back and/or across the back 4 to work a bit of space or an opening.

I felt like the only person to understand this in the area I was sitting as people were either silent or moaning about it. I just think some of these people would shut up if more people that could see sense let them know they're talking rubbish DURING GAMES.

Yeah I tend to agree.

I'm all in favour of being patient and looking to work an opening and was pleased to see it.
I did feel the build up was a little overly slow, laboured and deep but it was certainly preferable to hoofing the ball to the opposition and playing into their hands.

Reply: 39 - 53
1mickylyons
September 5, 2011, 6:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from shaunieboy
you are a twit and tommy i totally agree with you most that turn up on this site are brain dead and yes tommy we had had the same near us in the pontoon against cambridge shouting to get the ball forward when we where totally in control of the game.
darlington was the same we all knew we where lob sided but as soon as we sorted it i thought we played well but again come up against sam russell having yet another good game against us, but all the braindeads say we where shite .
anyway tommy its nice to speak to someone who has common sense.

Dishing out personal insults because someone has a different viewpoint wont strengthen your argument fella.i understand your frustration but your backing the wrong horse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
Plymouth_Mariner
September 5, 2011, 6:43pm

Matt Tees,King of Blundell Park
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Oh dear , what is happening to this thread, it started off as complete nonsense, some people voiced their opinions , and now we are told that most of the people who inhabit this board are ' braindead'  . Still each to their own  

I'm not sure shaunieboy, whether you are a player, john fenty's lost love child, or worse a scunt /gimp    

If you can't fix it with a hammer.....then you have got an electrical problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 6:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from shaunieboy
most that turn up on this site are brain dead

If you think you're also in this "common sense" bracket, I suggest you re-examine your idea, be honest if it's desirable or practical and tell yourself a few home truths.
Understand your frustration and admire your passion for the club but you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater on this one.
Reply: 42 - 53
gary_elton
September 5, 2011, 6:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Picture the scene.... 1 x 18 stone mountain of a half drunk builder bursting his spleen whilst venting forth several
unfavourable sexual notions at some town player who he thinks may be underperforming a little......

along comes tap on shoulder and the suggestion that he kindly refrains from being non-supportive....

yeah right...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
barralad
September 5, 2011, 7:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from gary_elton
Picture the scene.... 1 x 18 stone mountain of a half drunk builder bursting his spleen whilst venting forth several
unfavourable sexual notions at some town player who he thinks may be underperforming a little......

along comes tap on shoulder and the suggestion that he kindly refrains from being non-supportive....

yeah right...  

Had to laugh at that image.  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
barralad
September 5, 2011, 7:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Tommy

Sums up my view although I do think some of the criticism of shaunieboy in this thread has been a little OTT. As far as I'm aware anyone can forward an article to Rob for publication on what is as quite a few have reminded us a "Fans Forum"...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
ginnywings
September 5, 2011, 7:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
I think i've stepped into a parallel universe where bad results are caused by negativity,when any sane person knows it's the other way round.The fans are the club,not the management,not the players,not Fenty.We are the constant.

Shaunieboy,i admire your effort at trying to get this off the ground but it's a non starter mate.The only thing that will drown out the boo boys is the crowd roaring at Town playing teams off the pitch and winning regularly.It really is that simple.

By the way,i'm fitting a kitchen down Farebrother street if you want to come and shout criticism at me while at my place of work.Problem is,you won't be able to find too much to criticise as i am good at my job and the paying customers are more than happy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
Rodley Mariner
September 5, 2011, 8:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I reckon the same percentage of fans (or actually just the same fans) were screaming 'You're excrement Town' and 'Get the flipping thing forward' when we were in The Championship. I'd be interested to know how a forum will stop them being mongs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
kevikov
September 5, 2011, 8:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
I'll come if the players and managers have a players and managers forum, the board have a board forum and the.......
Oh yeah, the board have board meetings and the players and managers have training every day and we have the fishy.
Sorry to be sarcastic but the for me the point of the fishy is so fans anywhere can enter dicussions with other fans on the
subject of all things GTFC. Looking at the usernames and signatures its a touch unfair to expect everyone to attend and
therefore give up their right to moan at some point in the future! Bloody moaners   Also pointing out a small minority
(like all clubs have, something to do with pleasing some, most of the time and most, some of the time but never all, all of the time)
are having a negative effect is pretty obvious and also counter productive as it highlights the negativity and reeks of
blame deflecting. Not saying that us fans are blameless, maybe we should have been more pro-active in voicing our
concerns during the last ten years instead of screaming for the next man to be sacked and urging JF to pull the trigger.

So no, don't think its a great idea, think its being done every minute of everyday on here but if a load of fans want to get
together and moan then its better than moaning  to yourself i suppose. Might be some happy wives/girlfriends/partners
if nothing else!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
Swansea_Mariner
September 5, 2011, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Its not a simple issue, just thinking back to our most recent successful run - yes way back to pre Wembely Buckley III. In that period we lost something quite ridiculous like one or two games in 22, 23 (or thereabouts), clear promotion form - but there were still some haters saying how it was all luck and the team was crap.

Yes I know we nosedived after Wembely but to me that clearly shows how much of an effect confidence, expectation and disappointment can have. Momentum is a highly important commodity in sport, just look at how many teams have a dreadful season after failing in a play off final or those who gain promotion to the Premiership riding until xmas and then falling away as quality begins to tell.  

My biggest worry is that we never seem able to build up any momentum. Two seasons back since we won three on the trot, four seasons back since we won four on the trot. If we as a collective don't become more accepting of players efforts when they show commitment but don't quite win then we're just going to keep reinforcing the viscous circle.   If anyone needs a clear example of where momentum can get you, just take a close look at Swansea - simply a run away train over the last five, six seasons and not done on a massive budget but realistic spending based on the division they were in at the time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
Marinerz93
September 5, 2011, 8:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Boo boys and negative comments disappear when performances warrant it, taking crap after crap and being happy clappy is what got us several relegation's, one leading to non league.  Fans have every right to vent some steam if a player or team are fcuking us over.  

People need to understand the whole ethos of being a football fan and stop taring all with the same brush.  I'll blow smoke up a players bottom if his performances are good enough and if they aren't then he'll lose my respect, I very rarely boo but have felt like doing so more in the last decade than ever before.

There are some jobs out in the big wide world were the pressure on you and the abuse you get for less money is frightening.  Pressure is when you see grown men break down and cry because of the situation your in.  Some one yelling obscenities (a minority) can be brushed off and if you can't handle it then find another job.

What will cure our ills with regards to fans is allocated seating, when the Pontoon was all standing you got in early and the match atmosphere built up 20-30 minutes before the game, by that time kick off came round the Town fans were in full swing.  This did affect the players because they can hear the fans in the dressing room, nothing beats that partisan feeling.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 9:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
As far as I'm aware anyone can forward an article to Rob for publication on what is as quite a few have reminded us a "Fans Forum"...

If that's aimed at me I wasn't criticizing the article being put up, I was simply asking the reason why.
I didn't know if the fishy had taken it upon themselves to push it (not that they can't do what they like) or as I suspected, what you said was true.
I'm certainly not suggesting people shouldn't submit anything they like and think it's a very good thing the fishy give a voice to everyone whether people agree or not.
If I came across as dissentful in that regard then I can only apologize to everyone including the fishy and shaunieboy.
Reply: 51 - 53
the Grimbarian
September 5, 2011, 9:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
can we have an interpreter for the post that started this comedy script off

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 53
upthestripes
September 5, 2011, 11:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
As I've said before, just put a sniper in the UF gantry to pop off all the morons.
We could do our bit as fans by just descretely nodding towards them and then they'd know which ones to take out.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.