Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 137 Guests

Fans only forum.

This thread currently has 4,996 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
September 5, 2011, 8:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Boo boys and negative comments disappear when performances warrant it, taking crap after crap and being happy clappy is what got us several relegation's, one leading to non league.  Fans have every right to vent some steam if a player or team are fcuking us over.  

People need to understand the whole ethos of being a football fan and stop taring all with the same brush.  I'll blow smoke up a players bottom if his performances are good enough and if they aren't then he'll lose my respect, I very rarely boo but have felt like doing so more in the last decade than ever before.

There are some jobs out in the big wide world were the pressure on you and the abuse you get for less money is frightening.  Pressure is when you see grown men break down and cry because of the situation your in.  Some one yelling obscenities (a minority) can be brushed off and if you can't handle it then find another job.

What will cure our ills with regards to fans is allocated seating, when the Pontoon was all standing you got in early and the match atmosphere built up 20-30 minutes before the game, by that time kick off came round the Town fans were in full swing.  This did affect the players because they can hear the fans in the dressing room, nothing beats that partisan feeling.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 9:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
As far as I'm aware anyone can forward an article to Rob for publication on what is as quite a few have reminded us a "Fans Forum"...

If that's aimed at me I wasn't criticizing the article being put up, I was simply asking the reason why.
I didn't know if the fishy had taken it upon themselves to push it (not that they can't do what they like) or as I suspected, what you said was true.
I'm certainly not suggesting people shouldn't submit anything they like and think it's a very good thing the fishy give a voice to everyone whether people agree or not.
If I came across as dissentful in that regard then I can only apologize to everyone including the fishy and shaunieboy.
Reply: 51 - 53
the Grimbarian
September 5, 2011, 9:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
can we have an interpreter for the post that started this comedy script off

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 53
upthestripes
September 5, 2011, 11:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
As I've said before, just put a sniper in the UF gantry to pop off all the morons.
We could do our bit as fans by just descretely nodding towards them and then they'd know which ones to take out.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.