Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 234 Guests

Fans only forum.

This thread currently has 4,993 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 1:51pm
Guest User
I know this was already discussed by shaunieboy on the "muppets" thread but felt shocked (and confused) to see the fishy slap it on their front page today. Is there a simple reason the fishy are giving it attention ?

Personally not only do I find the whole exercise pointless(isn't debating what the fishy's for ?), I find the very thought of it patronizing and bordering on offensive.

Firstly, it re-enforces the bizarre idea the fans are generally at fault and somehow need to "reform".

Secondly (short of all the questions regarding how it will actually work), are you seriously telling me getting a load of fans into a room and letting them "vent their fury" is gonna be the magic wand to GTFC's problems ?
At least with a club forum you can ask genuine questions, get some answers and put the commanders in chief under the spotlight.

Don't get me wrong, I object greatly to abuse at games and accept fans can be overly negative at times but I see little or no connection between the general frustration of fans and GTFC's performances on the pitch when the support has been generally good.

"I would appreciate peoples' co-operation in this. This is a chance to come along say what you want but if you don't turn up this gives you in future no reason to complain."

My god man, who do you think you are ?!!!  

Quoted from shaunieboy
i would hate to be called a tosser , male masturbator,anus

You're not doing a great deal to convince me othewise with this ridiculous idea.  

Even if I agree with the idea(which I certainly don't) give me one advantage of sharing frustrations in a room rather than on the fishy.
Besides which, are all the people in this room gonna be branded as "the underlying problem" ? Looks likely !
Don't mean to urine on anyone's bonfire but I suggest people don't waste their time, petrol money etc.
gtfc98
September 5, 2011, 1:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
I don't really understand what Shaunie Boy's proposal is. Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't make any sense whatsoever?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 1:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,352
Gold Stars: 113
What a shite idea. The fishy is a fans only forum.

Drop blaming the fans its pathetic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 2:13pm
Guest User
Anybody who voted yes care to share their thoughts on why they think it's a good idea ?
Reply: 3 - 53
malkamalka
September 5, 2011, 2:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
I too can't see the point of this. If the crowd are getting out of hand, it's up to the club security to deal with it. I can visualise the "I'm a perfect supporter" group on one side and "I'm a pillock and that's my right" on the other with the result being a mass kicking in of heads at BP. Sounds like a Pier organised job to me.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 2:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -3
when i look at this i believe that alot of us on fishy are probably genuine fans but if we are why is this such a bad idea, after speaking to john insome depth i believe especially after the win on saturday there are good times around the corner but why is it some people can just not get of the backs of players. i did not here a bad vibe on saturday ast FGR and what a good result it was. but the comments where on the board again so we should its only FGR but they have as much right to be in this league as us at the present time until we get out of here we should respect the opposition. what rights have Swansea norwich, rangers, westbrom,and the likes of playing against man u chelsea, liverpool arsenal their rights are they have been promoted to that division and we are the opposite and been relagated so these do have the rights to be there and we do need to respect teams, when the fans realise that we are in the conference things may improve so lets get off the backs and realise we are where we are for a reason.  we are going to have to grind out results like this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
voice of reason
September 5, 2011, 2:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
It's one of the most ridiculous things I have heard of and will solve absolutely ZERO... I bet JF is loving this...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 2:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -3
at the end of the day reason you are the reason why we are where we are i think you should of called yourself voice of excrement,so turn up and voice you opinions then oh no probably not because you only like to stir the excrement up on this board .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
RoboCod
September 5, 2011, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I don't get why these 'negative' and abusive fans are getting so much attention, it's not unique to GTFC. They're at every club, you just have to get on with it, engage them in debate or, preferably ignore them. They're the same throughout the country, world and possibly universe.
There's more than a few Lincoln fans calling for the head of Tilson, and a few more defeats will see the same situation at Scunny and other places. I doubt they'll be having a meeting over these more 'vocal' of fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 2:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,352
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from shaunieboy
when i look at this i believe that alot of us on fishy are probably genuine fans but if we are why is this such a bad idea, after speaking to john insome depth i believe especially after the win on saturday there are good times around the corner but why is it some people can just not get of the backs of players. i did not here a bad vibe on saturday ast FGR and what a good result it was. but the comments where on the board again so we should its only FGR but they have as much right to be in this league as us at the present time until we get out of here we should respect the opposition. what rights have Swansea norwich, rangers, westbrom,and the likes of playing against man u chelsea, liverpool arsenal their rights are they have been promoted to that division and we are the opposite and been relagated so these do have the rights to be there and we do need to respect teams, when the fans realise that we are in the conference things may improve so lets get off the backs and realise we are where we are for a reason.  we are going to have to grind out results like this.

is this a wind up?

If it is it is a really good one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.