Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 134 Guests

Fans only forum.

This thread currently has 4,995 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
September 5, 2011, 6:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from shaunieboy
you are a twit and tommy i totally agree with you most that turn up on this site are brain dead and yes tommy we had had the same near us in the pontoon against cambridge shouting to get the ball forward when we where totally in control of the game.
darlington was the same we all knew we where lob sided but as soon as we sorted it i thought we played well but again come up against sam russell having yet another good game against us, but all the braindeads say we where shite .
anyway tommy its nice to speak to someone who has common sense.

Dishing out personal insults because someone has a different viewpoint wont strengthen your argument fella.i understand your frustration but your backing the wrong horse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
Plymouth_Mariner
September 5, 2011, 6:43pm

Matt Tees,King of Blundell Park
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Oh dear , what is happening to this thread, it started off as complete nonsense, some people voiced their opinions , and now we are told that most of the people who inhabit this board are ' braindead'  . Still each to their own  

I'm not sure shaunieboy, whether you are a player, john fenty's lost love child, or worse a scunt /gimp    

If you can't fix it with a hammer.....then you have got an electrical problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 6:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from shaunieboy
most that turn up on this site are brain dead

If you think you're also in this "common sense" bracket, I suggest you re-examine your idea, be honest if it's desirable or practical and tell yourself a few home truths.
Understand your frustration and admire your passion for the club but you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater on this one.
Reply: 42 - 53
gary_elton
September 5, 2011, 6:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Picture the scene.... 1 x 18 stone mountain of a half drunk builder bursting his spleen whilst venting forth several
unfavourable sexual notions at some town player who he thinks may be underperforming a little......

along comes tap on shoulder and the suggestion that he kindly refrains from being non-supportive....

yeah right...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
barralad
September 5, 2011, 7:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from gary_elton
Picture the scene.... 1 x 18 stone mountain of a half drunk builder bursting his spleen whilst venting forth several
unfavourable sexual notions at some town player who he thinks may be underperforming a little......

along comes tap on shoulder and the suggestion that he kindly refrains from being non-supportive....

yeah right...  

Had to laugh at that image.  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
barralad
September 5, 2011, 7:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Tommy

Ha, yeah something like that'd be great.

In the cambridge game though people were expecting us to steamroller them when they went down to ten men, and like I said plenty of people moaning and shouting "get it forward" whenever we made a pass back to one of the centre backs. Each time they moaned I just kept shouting "that's it, keep ball Town, start from the back again, well done" and applauding, or  words to that effect.

We were doing the right thing trying to play football and not send it down the throats of the opposition centrebacks which they would have wanted. You can't always pass forward, and normally in possession you will have to go back and/or across the back 4 to work a bit of space or an opening.

I felt like the only person to understand this in the area I was sitting as people were either silent or moaning about it. I just think some of these people would shut up if more people that could see sense let them know they're talking rubbish DURING GAMES.

Sums up my view although I do think some of the criticism of shaunieboy in this thread has been a little OTT. As far as I'm aware anyone can forward an article to Rob for publication on what is as quite a few have reminded us a "Fans Forum"...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
ginnywings
September 5, 2011, 7:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
I think i've stepped into a parallel universe where bad results are caused by negativity,when any sane person knows it's the other way round.The fans are the club,not the management,not the players,not Fenty.We are the constant.

Shaunieboy,i admire your effort at trying to get this off the ground but it's a non starter mate.The only thing that will drown out the boo boys is the crowd roaring at Town playing teams off the pitch and winning regularly.It really is that simple.

By the way,i'm fitting a kitchen down Farebrother street if you want to come and shout criticism at me while at my place of work.Problem is,you won't be able to find too much to criticise as i am good at my job and the paying customers are more than happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
Rodley Mariner
September 5, 2011, 8:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I reckon the same percentage of fans (or actually just the same fans) were screaming 'You're excrement Town' and 'Get the flipping thing forward' when we were in The Championship. I'd be interested to know how a forum will stop them being mongs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
kevikov
September 5, 2011, 8:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
I'll come if the players and managers have a players and managers forum, the board have a board forum and the.......
Oh yeah, the board have board meetings and the players and managers have training every day and we have the fishy.
Sorry to be sarcastic but the for me the point of the fishy is so fans anywhere can enter dicussions with other fans on the
subject of all things GTFC. Looking at the usernames and signatures its a touch unfair to expect everyone to attend and
therefore give up their right to moan at some point in the future! Bloody moaners   Also pointing out a small minority
(like all clubs have, something to do with pleasing some, most of the time and most, some of the time but never all, all of the time)
are having a negative effect is pretty obvious and also counter productive as it highlights the negativity and reeks of
blame deflecting. Not saying that us fans are blameless, maybe we should have been more pro-active in voicing our
concerns during the last ten years instead of screaming for the next man to be sacked and urging JF to pull the trigger.

So no, don't think its a great idea, think its being done every minute of everyday on here but if a load of fans want to get
together and moan then its better than moaning  to yourself i suppose. Might be some happy wives/girlfriends/partners
if nothing else!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
Swansea_Mariner
September 5, 2011, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,456
Gold Stars: 63
Its not a simple issue, just thinking back to our most recent successful run - yes way back to pre Wembely Buckley III. In that period we lost something quite ridiculous like one or two games in 22, 23 (or thereabouts), clear promotion form - but there were still some haters saying how it was all luck and the team was crap.

Yes I know we nosedived after Wembely but to me that clearly shows how much of an effect confidence, expectation and disappointment can have. Momentum is a highly important commodity in sport, just look at how many teams have a dreadful season after failing in a play off final or those who gain promotion to the Premiership riding until xmas and then falling away as quality begins to tell.  

My biggest worry is that we never seem able to build up any momentum. Two seasons back since we won three on the trot, four seasons back since we won four on the trot. If we as a collective don't become more accepting of players efforts when they show commitment but don't quite win then we're just going to keep reinforcing the viscous circle.   If anyone needs a clear example of where momentum can get you, just take a close look at Swansea - simply a run away train over the last five, six seasons and not done on a massive budget but realistic spending based on the division they were in at the time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.