Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 144 Guests

Fans only forum.

This thread currently has 4,994 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
September 5, 2011, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from shaunieboy
look not bothering with doing this now but when all the knobs carry on and on and this does not improve with the negativity dont come on here shouting your mouths off.
its boring and so are all those who shout their mouths off god i only wish i knew where you all worked as i would come in and shout and critiicise you all like you do all the time . and if you believe the fans have a say because they pay the wages well you all mistaken. if i did not love my team i would say go intercourse you all and hope johmn pulls his money and then you would not have a club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
Tommy
September 5, 2011, 5:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Waste of time I'm afraid shaunieboy.

This will be an embarrassment as noone with any sense will turn up.

Surely the best way forward is for the fans who understand the game to be more vocal at BP during the games. I try, whenever I'm near some idiots (every week) shouting a load of crap like the "get it forward" shouts against Cambridge when we were patiently playing football when 2-1 up, to shout something back at them or to the players to counter the initial negative b@ll@cks.

The negative brain dead fans appear to be the most vocal, so let's just have a bit more common sense being shouted in the stands. No need for a 'fans forum' of any sort. Enough people moan about brain dead people shouting rubbish so do something about it, constructively, during the games.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
gary_elton
September 5, 2011, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
somebody's getting excited  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 6:02pm
Guest User
Good idea Tommy.

Next time you hear Fred Flintstone pipe up, blast "MAAARIIIINNEEERS" into his earhole - that'll shut him up !  
Reply: 33 - 53
shaunieboy
September 5, 2011, 6:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -3
you are a twit and tommy i totally agree with you most that turn up on this site are brain dead and yes tommy we had had the same near us in the pontoon against cambridge shouting to get the ball forward when we where totally in control of the game.
darlington was the same we all knew we where lob sided but as soon as we sorted it i thought we played well but again come up against sam russell having yet another good game against us, but all the braindeads say we where shite .
anyway tommy its nice to speak to someone who has common sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
Tommy
September 5, 2011, 6:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 1600
Good idea Tommy.

Next time you hear Fred Flintstone pipe up, blast "MAAARIIIINNEEERS" into his earhole - that'll shut him up !  

Ha, yeah something like that'd be great.

In the cambridge game though people were expecting us to steamroller them when they went down to ten men, and like I said plenty of people moaning and shouting "get it forward" whenever we made a pass back to one of the centre backs. Each time they moaned I just kept shouting "that's it, keep ball Town, start from the back again, well done" and applauding, or  words to that effect.

We were doing the right thing trying to play football and not send it down the throats of the opposition centrebacks which they would have wanted. You can't always pass forward, and normally in possession you will have to go back and/or across the back 4 to work a bit of space or an opening.

I felt like the only person to understand this in the area I was sitting as people were either silent or moaning about it. I just think some of these people would shut up if more people that could see sense let them know they're talking rubbish DURING GAMES.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
voice of reason
September 5, 2011, 6:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from shaunieboy
look not bothering with doing this now but when all the knobs carry on and on and this does not improve with the negativity dont come on here shouting your mouths off.
its boring and so are all those who shout their mouths off god i only wish i knew where you all worked as i would come in and shout and critiicise you all like you do all the time . and if you believe the fans have a say because they pay the wages well you all mistaken. if i did not love my team i would say go intercourse you all and hope johmn pulls his money and then you would not have a club.

Bloody brilliant...      

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
pseudonym
September 5, 2011, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Tommy
Waste of time I'm afraid shaunieboy.

This will be an embarrassment as noone with any sense will turn up.

Surely the best way forward is for the fans who understand the game to be more vocal at BP during the games. I try, whenever I'm near some idiots (every week) shouting a load of crap like the "get it forward" shouts against Cambridge when we were patiently playing football when 2-1 up, to shout something back at them or to the players to counter the initial negative b@ll@cks.

The negative brain dead fans appear to be the most vocal, so let's just have a bit more common sense being shouted in the stands. No need for a 'fans forum' of any sort. Enough people moan about brain dead people shouting rubbish so do something about it, constructively, during the games.
Well said

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
aldi_01
September 5, 2011, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Apart from trying decipher the post of 'shaunieboy' am hurting my head, the whole concept is a flipping joke right?

Are we not already on a fans forum??? The only thing i could see by getting only fans in a room to vent is a violent ending, tempers will fray and opinions will cause issues that in turn will lead to violence and will not solve anything.

Yes, negative fans are an issue but as stated every club has them and you just have to deal with it, at the end of the day none of us were the excrement mercenaries, crap managers etc, we were the poor illegitimates paying to watch the shite served up.

Silly idea that will have no outcome and clearly doesn't really have an objective...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 6:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tommy

Ha, yeah something like that'd be great.

In the cambridge game though people were expecting us to steamroller them when they went down to ten men, and like I said plenty of people moaning and shouting "get it forward" whenever we made a pass back to one of the centre backs. Each time they moaned I just kept shouting "that's it, keep ball Town, start from the back again, well done" and applauding, or  words to that effect.

We were doing the right thing trying to play football and not send it down the throats of the opposition centrebacks which they would have wanted. You can't always pass forward, and normally in possession you will have to go back and/or across the back 4 to work a bit of space or an opening.

I felt like the only person to understand this in the area I was sitting as people were either silent or moaning about it. I just think some of these people would shut up if more people that could see sense let them know they're talking rubbish DURING GAMES.

Yeah I tend to agree.

I'm all in favour of being patient and looking to work an opening and was pleased to see it.
I did feel the build up was a little overly slow, laboured and deep but it was certainly preferable to hoofing the ball to the opposition and playing into their hands.

Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans only forum.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.