Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 75 Guests

Credit goes to john fenty..

This thread currently has 6,585 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Claudius Tiberius Smith
July 15, 2011, 8:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from mariner2000
To be fair I think it was a good deal but I must be honest I nearly posted on the last connell thread.

Being cynical was the club trying to engineer a move?  

No bids, no player comment and then Fenty saying NOT GOING TO LUTON and NOWHERE as NO BIDS unless SOMEONE BIDS BIG.

Then low and behold the next day the managers Saying NO ISSUES, DON'T WANT TO LOSE player etc. keeping his name in the press and raising the suggestion in public that maybe the player wants to go....

A cynic may think that they were pushing to get rid in order to finish rebuilding the team with their players....who comes in will be interesting!

Yes, I see what you are saying but why would you wish to lose an experienced striker who has just scored 25+ ?  Managers that move to a new club do like to bring in some of their own players, but don't normally flog "the crown jewels" to do it!

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 81
acko338
July 15, 2011, 8:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Thank you, Alan Connell, for scoring goals in a poor team - you have earnt your move back to a league team and no one has the right not to let an unhappy player go.  End of.... !!

He wants to go, we want the best deal..... £100,000 + ANYTHING IS EXCELLENT BUSINESS FOR GRIMSBY TOWN FOR SOMEONE WHO MIGHT HAVE TURNED OFF THIS SEASON!

MOVE ON - UP THE MARINERS !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 81
0ld timer
July 15, 2011, 8:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
to many posters on here with great chips on there shoulders  talking a load of sxxt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 81
Kris2
July 15, 2011, 8:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Best striker we've had in a really long time but when somebody is scoring that many goals in a season they become very hard to keep and by the sounds of it he didn't particularly want to stay either if he had the chance to make a decent move. He likely came here as a way to reignite his career and it seems to have done that for him and he made a decent transfer move.

Some people are going to whinge at Fenty but he did what he needed to do. The player wanted to go so there's no point blocking off interest from clubs in higher leagues. Fenty said he won't be going to a club in this league which is fine by me. Not happy about losing a good player but if he doesn't want to play for us then i don't want him pulling on a Town shirt. I want players who want to be here in the team.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 81
samg
July 15, 2011, 8:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Kris2
Best striker we've had in a really long time but when somebody is scoring that many goals in a season they become very hard to keep and by the sounds of it he didn't particularly want to stay either if he had the chance to make a decent move. He likely came here as a way to reignite his career and it seems to have done that for him and he made a decent transfer move.

Some people are going to whinge at Fenty but he did what he needed to do. The player wanted to go so there's no point blocking off interest from clubs in higher leagues. Fenty said he won't be going to a club in this league which is fine by me. Not happy about losing a good player but if he doesn't want to play for us then i don't want him pulling on a Town shirt. I want players who want to be here in the team.

Well said mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 81
Abdul19
July 15, 2011, 8:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,594
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Look at when Man Utd sold Ronaldo... They went and won the league the next year!!! It's not all doom and flipping gloom!

They came second  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 81
Mighty_Mariner
July 15, 2011, 9:22pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Abdul19

They came second  

Ssssshhhhhhh nobody else noticed the glaring error!!! And besides everyone knows you don't let facts get in the way of a good story! British tabloids have been making millions every year using this ethos!!!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 81
Abdul19
July 15, 2011, 9:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,594
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Ssssshhhhhhh nobody else noticed the glaring error!!! And besides everyone knows you don't let facts get in the way of a good story! British tabloids have been making millions every year using this ethos!!!!

Are you trying to say they lie?  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 81
Mighty_Mariner
July 16, 2011, 8:15am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Abdul19

Are you trying to say they lie?  

God no..... That would be unheard of!!!!  

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 81
STB
July 16, 2011, 8:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Brilliant business by Fenty, we've only lost around 800K in a season now.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.