Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 97 Guests

Credit goes to john fenty..

This thread currently has 6,586 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Perkins
July 15, 2011, 3:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 1600

Now we're making up the numbers are we ?

Read it again !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 81
80sglory
July 15, 2011, 3:18pm
Guest User
"Allegedly" by posters on where who have made up their own imaginary figure, that's my point !!!
Reply: 41 - 81
Mariner88
July 15, 2011, 3:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from 1600

You must think the fans were born yesterday !  

By the way, no-one is slagging "us" off because those who wanted Connell to stay are Grimsby Town supporters just as much if not more !

If the club go into admin in a few years time, I predict there will still be people on here praising Fenty to high heaven.

Are you having a laugh ?  

As if Fenty would hand any cash over. Oh, hang on ... Hearn, Pearson and Church have all come for fees. It's easy to spend someone else's money.

Re: Admin. If we did go into admin in a few years then no doubt some people would say "I wonder what would have happened if we'd taken six-figures for Connell."

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If he's doing that bad a job, then why don't you offer to take the club off him because I would imagine he'd be happy to talk about that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 81
Mariner_501
July 15, 2011, 3:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Super Clive

Compared to 25 match winless run, relegation the the BSP for the first time in 100 years?

Losses to chasetown and bath, record low attendances, The Makofo Scandal(alleged)

Mid table shite BSP team couldn't put more than 2 victory's together?

Positives for me Mansfield and Histon games and Mr Connell

What Wellsy said!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 81
80sglory
July 15, 2011, 3:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner88

As if Fenty would hand any cash over. Oh, hang on ... Hearn, Pearson and Church have all come for fees. It's easy to spend someone else's money.

I wasn't suggesting we wouldn't pay a fee.
I just find it ironic we would release a proven goalscorer for a fee only to re-invest a proportion of the money elsewhere for a player unlikely to be anywhere near Connell's stature.
Personally I wouldn't hold your breath for any (big) names.

Quoted from Mariner88
Re: Admin. If we did go into admin in a few years then no doubt some people would say "I wonder what would have happened if we'd taken six-figures for Connell."

You've lost me.

Quoted from Mariner88
If he's doing that bad a job, then why don't you offer to take the club off him because I would imagine he'd be happy to talk about that.

After the Mike Parker saga, I'm not completely convinced about that either.
Reply: 44 - 81
Devonmatt
July 15, 2011, 3:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from 1600

Now we're making up the numbers are we ?

Well unless someone actually knows the exact figure then everyone of us commenting on the rights and wrongs of the transfer is in effect 'making up the numbers'.  I really don't get your point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 81
upthestripes
July 15, 2011, 3:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Mariner88

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

It's true

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 81
biggles9999
July 15, 2011, 3:32pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from psgmariner

Those lot have done ok, nothing more. Given the budget his strike rate with signings is terrible.

I'd argue it was about 50/50 split between good and poor, which I struggle to find many managers hitting much higher.

Anyway i'm no going back to a Wood's good/bad thread. We've made a decent profit on Connell and provided 2/3rds is reinvested in a couple of players I wont be too disappointed in all honesty. Spencer Weir-Daley anyone  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 81
Mariner_501
July 15, 2011, 3:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
I think Fenty has no clue of how to run a football club, has ruined us etc. I hate him as much as the next town fan yet even I can still see that this was a good decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 81
lowerfindus
July 15, 2011, 3:45pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Super Clive

Compared to 25 match winless run, relegation the the BSP for the first time in 100 years?

Losses to chasetown and bath, record low attendances, The Makofo Scandal(alleged)

Mid table shite BSP team couldn't put more than 2 victory's together?

Positives for me Mansfield and Histon games and Mr Connell

We can go back over the Neil Woods issue if you like, was it Neils fault he inherited a dire squad? No, that was Mike "Viva la Revolution" Newells classy bunch of drinkers. 25 game winless run, that just happened to Lincoln and a experienced manager many people on here would have been pleased to appoint. You cant polish a turd. With regards to the cup losses look at our cup record in the last few years, we have been truely woeful. Maybe, as some people predicted prior to our first non-league season, being a mid-table team and building for the future is something we should have expected. 17 drawn games suggest a team that was not too far away from being a decent side. Instead too many people then, and now, still think we have some god given right not to be in this division.

In my earlier post I was simply pointing out that Neil Woods signed more than one good player as a previous poster had implied.

Our demise lies only at the feet of one man, John Fenty. While he is here we will not get the sucess WE ALL crave. His dedication to the Fentydome is all down to land he owns at Great Coates and his desire to do things on the cheap. In this instance it was right to sell Connell but we know his previous decisions on selling players (Reddy) have been disasterous. Credit to John Fenty? For being a local man that invests in his local club yes. For his decision making? No way.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.