Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 104 Guests

Credit goes to john fenty..

This thread currently has 6,595 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
July 15, 2011, 4:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from jonnyboy82
for keeping his word that he would only go to a league club and to get six figures which means 100k or more is a good deal for the club for a player who clearly did not want to be here..

he could have caved in to lutons demands and took there money but has always gone on recored saying only big money and a league club would have any chance of getting alan.

now i might be the only one but john fenty you get my credit..

Good post which I agree with. Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 81
1mickylyons
July 15, 2011, 4:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Aye they will be dancing in the streets around BP at the news
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 81
BIGChris
July 15, 2011, 4:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Stew0_0
Think what most posters, who are slagging us off for not keeping Alan here, are not considering is that Connell handed in a transfer request as soon as he found out Swindon were interested. Had we denied a move away for him then this would in turn unsettle the player and cause a dip in form. After all he stated as soon as the season ended that he wanted a return to the Football League.

What we have done in a sense is bump up the final fee we received for him by turning down £50k and other 'derisory' fees and I believe to get six figures for a player in the BSP is good business. All that needs to happen now is Fenty needs to hand a cut of that over to Sco-Hurst to find a replacement.

Sorry to see you go Alan, but not gutted.  Onwards and Upwards and Goodbye.  Issue over (thank god)

WHS.

Connell did well for GTFC but I'd also say that GTFC did well for Connell too. Been trundling around the lower divisions with Bournemouth, Hereford, Brentford but never REALLY setting the world on fire. Given a chance at GTFC to boost his careers and boost his confidence. He takes it and may have kick started his career again, certainly got himself back into League football and I guess on a decent wage.

IF it hadnt got well here AC would have been finished.

All the best AC, i really enjoyed the quality of your finishes.

The King is dead, long live the King!

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 81
Mighty_Mariner
July 15, 2011, 5:17pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Denby

oh sorry, well done everyone at the club, we might lose best part of £1m every season but at least we've made a 10th back to help pay off disastrous signings.  excellent forward thinking.  this has all but destroyed any chance we had of returning to the football league any time soon

Do me a favour mate and fool off!!!!!! I'm sick to flipping death off all this negativity surrounding the club at the
Minute! Here's a crazybthought..... How about we try and get behind the new managers and team for a change! So we've sold 1 player.... That's right as good a player he was he's not bigger than the club!

Look at when Man Utd sold Ronaldo... They went and won the league the next year!!! It's not all doom and flipping gloom!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 81
Garth
July 15, 2011, 5:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Conference10
All this does is shows a MASSIVE LACK OF AMBITION ON JOHN FENTY'S PART.

Steve Evans didn't get promotion by selling all of the best players. He did by getting together all of the best players.

Mid table pooh for us this season..............

Difference is his best players were either bought in or satisfied to stay and play, Alan wanted away to further his opportunities of playing in a higher league, and rubbing shoulders with a higher class of players, good luck to him life go`s on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 81
Chris
July 15, 2011, 5:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yes, good work Neil Woods

Agreed, but also agree with the thread author in that Mr Fenty has done some good business regarding Connell.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 81
Claudius Tiberius Smith
July 15, 2011, 6:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from Denby

oh sorry, well done everyone at the club, we might lose best part of £1m every season but at least we've made a 10th back to help pay off disastrous signings.  excellent forward thinking. this has all but destroyed any chance we had of returning to the football league any time soon

Yes I agree, no chance of getting out of this league if you are going to sell your best players everytime they ask for a transfer. In any case if he had stayed until the Jan. transfer window & scored 10+ goals then he would have fetched a far better fee, & could be sold if Town weren't in the running.
I.M.O. to replace a 25+ goals a season striker a fee of at least £200,000 would be needed, & in any case 25+ strikers will not drop down to play in the BSP, I could not believe that the silver tongued Woods was able to sign him last year, & I think more should have been done to keep him. I doubt that Marks & Spencer will be able to sign an adaquate replacement that will hit the deck running........Not exceptionally happy!!  

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 81
scrumble
July 15, 2011, 7:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
In any case if he had stayed until the Jan. transfer window & scored 10+ goals then he would have fetched a far better fee, & could be sold if Town weren't in the running.

But with only six months left on his contract, a want away striker at club going nowhere would have actually been worth less.

Quoted Text
in any case 25+ strikers will not drop down to play in the BSP,

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Connell dropped down from the league he wasn't a 20+ goal a season striker.

What we have done though is bring in a young eager striker moving up the leagues. A gamble, yes, but so was a downward spiral striker dropping out the league.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 81
Claudius Tiberius Smith
July 15, 2011, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from scrumble

But with only six months left on his contract, a want away striker at club going nowhere would have actually been worth less.

Not if a few goals would keep your team up, or get you up to the next level!

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Connell dropped down from the league he wasn't a 20+ goal a season striker.

Agreed, but he has always been a capable player at L1 & L2 levels.

What we have done though is bring in a young eager striker moving up the leagues. A gamble, yes, but so was a downward spiral striker dropping out the league.

I think that A.C. believed that Town would go straight back up, & was promissed that he would be selected to play in his favoured position as striker,  describing him as a "downward sprial striker" is a bit harsh I.M.O..

My point is that more should have been done to try & keep him, you can't rebuild a team if you lose your better players at the end of each season!, as a previous poster commented, it is unlikely that Steve Evans would have let his better players go without a fight.

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 81
mariner2000
July 15, 2011, 7:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 3
To be fair I think it was a good deal but I must be honest I nearly posted on the last connell thread.

Being cynical was the club trying to engineer a move?  

No bids, no player comment and then Fenty saying NOT GOING TO LUTON and NOWHERE as NO BIDS unless SOMEONE BIDS BIG.

Then low and behold the next day the managers Saying NO ISSUES, DON'T WANT TO LOSE player etc. keeping his name in the press and raising the suggestion in public that maybe the player wants to go....

A cynic may think that they were pushing to get rid in order to finish rebuilding the team with their players....who comes in will be interesting!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 69 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.