Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 109 Guests

Credit goes to john fenty..

This thread currently has 6,594 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
maxfox44
July 15, 2011, 2:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Is it just possible that S&H didn't think that AC fitted into their team anyway?  I get the impression that nobody will be bigger than the team this year.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 81
jonnyboy82
July 15, 2011, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Denby

connell's ability, at this level, is without doubt.  perhaps he first thought about leaving when those new managers of ours starting substituting him when he was our only goal threat

so now it is the managers fault as alan was invincible to being substituted..

the managers clearly wanted to look at different things in a match and they certainly should not be afraid to sub a player incase that sparks off a player wanting to leave..

he wanted to leave as he stated this in the press,he has gone and i think it is a good deal,you might disagree but we were never going to get promoted by him alone.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 81
Super Clive
July 15, 2011, 3:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from lowerfindus

Not Michael Coulson, Scott Garner, Darren Kempson, Rob Eagle,  the emergence of Bradley Wood? Boo Woods Booooooo!!

Theres nothing like blinkers.

Compared to 25 match winless run, relegation the the BSP for the first time in 100 years?

Losses to chasetown and bath, record low attendances, The Makofo Scandal(alleged)

Mid table shite BSP team couldn't put more than 2 victory's together?

Positives for me Mansfield and Histon games and Mr Connell
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
jonnyboy82
July 15, 2011, 3:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Stew0_0
Think what most posters, who are slagging us off for not keeping Alan here, are not considering is that Connell handed in a transfer request as soon as he found out Swindon were interested. Had we denied a move away for him then this would in turn unsettle the player and cause a dip in form. After all he stated as soon as the season ended that he wanted a return to the Football League.

What we have done in a sense is bump up the final fee we received for him by turning down £50k and other 'derisory' fees and I believe to get six figures for a player in the BSP is good business. All that needs to happen now is Fenty needs to hand a cut of that over to Sco-Hurst to find a replacement.

Sorry to see you go Alan, but not gutted.  Onwards and Upwards and Goodbye.  Issue over (thank god)

totally agree

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
Mariner88
July 15, 2011, 3:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from Stew0_0
Think what most posters, who are slagging us off for not keeping Alan here, are not considering is that Connell handed in a transfer request as soon as he found out Swindon were interested. Had we denied a move away for him then this would in turn unsettle the player and cause a dip in form. After all he stated as soon as the season ended that he wanted a return to the Football League.

What we have done in a sense is bump up the final fee we received for him by turning down £50k and other 'derisory' fees and I believe to get six figures for a player in the BSP is good business. All that needs to happen now is Fenty needs to hand a cut of that over to Sco-Hurst to find a replacement.

Sorry to see you go Alan, but not gutted.  Onwards and Upwards and Goodbye.  Issue over (thank god)

Agree with this. Personally, I think Fenty's done well to hold off bids and wait for six-figures from a league club.

Dislike Fenty if you want, yes it's largely his fault we're in the BSP, but letting a player leave who wanted to go and getting a good fee for him is good business anyway you look at it.

We'll still go up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 81
LH
July 15, 2011, 3:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,596
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from Super Clive

Compared to 25 match winless run, relegation the the BSP for the first time in 100 years?

Losses to chasetown and bath, record low attendances, The Makofo Scandal(alleged)

Mid table shite BSP team couldn't put more than 2 victory's together?

Positives for me Mansfield and Histon games and Mr Connell

Mansfield and Histon were consecutive wins. Agree with you though.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
maxfox44
July 15, 2011, 3:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
If any employee isn't 100% behind the company/team then let them go.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
ticker_1610
July 15, 2011, 3:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Got it right this time, well done JF! Player wanted out, wanted to go nearer home n family n wanted league footy, both parties have got the best outcome! We now have his wage freed up which in itself should pay for a decent player and a decent wedge in the coffers .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
mariner91
July 15, 2011, 3:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Denby

when you lose your best player it makes your team worse than it previously was, and last season we were 11th best in the division.  maybe we'll sign an awesome replacement in the next month, or maybe we'll use half of the cash to pay off rob duffy

One player does not make a team. Our team will be fitter, quicker and more competitive than last year and we may even have a midfield. Yes Connell is undoubtedly a good player for this league but we have a good replacement in Hearn and there is no reason we can't sign another good player as well. Personally I'd like to see Jamie Vardy here from Halifax.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
80sglory
July 15, 2011, 3:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from Stew0_0
Think what most posters, who are slagging us off for not keeping Alan here, are not considering is that Connell handed in a transfer request as soon as he found out Swindon were interested.

You must think the fans were born yesterday !  

By the way, no-one is slagging "us" off because those who wanted Connell to stay are Grimsby Town supporters just as much if not more !

If the club go into admin in a few years time, I predict there will still be people on here praising Fenty to high heaven.

Quoted from Stew0_0
All that needs to happen now is Fenty needs to hand a cut of that over to Sco-Hurst to find a replacement.

Are you having a laugh ?  
Reply: 39 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.