Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 95 Guests

Credit goes to john fenty..

This thread currently has 6,587 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
lowerfindus
July 15, 2011, 2:36pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Mariner_501
Connell was the only good thing to come out of Neil Woods as manager. Fenty has done well here and stuck to his word

Not Michael Coulson, Scott Garner, Darren Kempson, Rob Eagle,  the emergence of Bradley Wood? Boo Woods Booooooo!!

Theres nothing like blinkers.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 81
jonnyboy82
July 15, 2011, 2:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Denby
well done john fenty in bringing to football's attention that connell only had 1 year of his contract remaining so were open to offers.  excellent stuff.  what's more important, keeping your 30 goal a season striker or making a quick bit of cash to cover the paid up contracts of ademeno, samuels and the squillions of others paid off in recent times

fenty deserves no credit, apart from ruining our once great football club

Does the transfer request and the fact alan does not want to be happy have no bearing in this then?

what would we gain from keeping an unhappy player at the club who does not want to be here?,that would rub off on his attitude and the rest of the team..

which would affect his performance and add to this he walks away for nothing next year,i dont want a player at my club which does not want to be here or is not committed to staying with us,the transfer request he made certainley shows he does not want to be here..

good deal imo.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 81
Tinymariner
July 15, 2011, 2:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Connell put in a transfer request, we had no real choice but to sell. Its good business sense unfortunately.

I certainly wouldn't want to stop him moving up. His heart would not have been with us if we had denied him the opportunity to play
at a higher level.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 81
psgmariner
July 15, 2011, 2:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner_501
Connell was the only good thing to come out of Neil Woods as manager. Fenty has done well here and stuck to his word

WHS

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 81
80sglory
July 15, 2011, 2:38pm
Guest User
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading this thread.

Did Fenty stick to his word ?

"not for sale" my @rse !

£100K woopee effing do...

All hail Fenty, the saviour of GTFC.  
Reply: 14 - 81
alvinghammariner
July 15, 2011, 2:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
A tactical masterstroke by john, keep saying you won't sell, increase optimism and season ticket sales, then just as they reach a good number, sell your best striker in years for a quick buck, bravo john!

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 81
Denby
July 15, 2011, 2:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Does the transfer request and the fact alan does not want to be happy have no bearing in this then?

what would we gain from keeping an unhappy player at the club who does not want to be here?,that would rub off on his attitude and the rest of the team..

which would affect his performance and add to this he walks away for nothing next year,i dont want a player at my club which does not want to be here or is not committed to staying with us,the transfer request he made certainley shows he does not want to be here..

good deal imo.

oh sorry, well done everyone at the club, we might lose best part of £1m every season but at least we've made a 10th back to help pay off disastrous signings.  excellent forward thinking.  this has all but destroyed any chance we had of returning to the football league any time soon
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 81
psgmariner

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from lowerfindus

Not Michael Coulson, Scott Garner, Darren Kempson, Rob Eagle,  the emergence of Bradley Wood? Boo Woods Booooooo!!

Theres nothing like blinkers.

Those lot have done ok, nothing more. Given the budget his strike rate with signings is terrible.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 81
Steve_gtfc

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Quoted from Tinymariner
Connell put in a transfer request, we had no real choice but to sell. Its good business sense unfortunately.

I certainly wouldn't want to stop him moving up. His heart would not have been with us if we had denied him the opportunity to play
at a higher level.  

Agreed, we have had enough players just going through the motions over the years (Peter Till et al) without having another. As much as I admire Connell as a player, if he doesn't want to be here then we should let him go for a fee before he winds his contract down.

Follow on Twitter: sclaybourn87
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 81
80sglory
July 15, 2011, 2:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from Denby

oh sorry, well done everyone at the club, we might lose best part of £1m every season but at least we've made a 10th back to help pay off disastrous signings.  excellent forward thinking.  this has all but destroyed any chance we had of returning to the football league any time soon

Who knows we might return but it certainly doesn't help.

Reply: 19 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit goes to john fenty..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.