Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 130 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 27,166 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Rob_in_Grimsby
November 29, 2017, 7:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Ipswin

I refer the dishonourable member to my earlier question.

How can you know they were not related to Fenty? I am sure that even you will see that, if they were, then it throws a very different light on last nights proceedings.

The only way you can state with total confidence is a) if you are a relative or b) you know who the scroatbags were - simple

I know JF and his family and I am not related to any of them but can confirm with up most confidence that none of the abusive fans at the end of the forum where related to JF or any of his family, I do however think they where well out of order with the way they conducted themselves.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 342
Fishy_fishtails
November 29, 2017, 7:50pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I know JF and his family and I am not related to any of them but can confirm with up most confidence that none of the abusive fans at the end of the forum where related to JF or any of his family, I do however think they where well out of order with the way they conducted themselves.

There ya go Ipswin, there's an answer for you. Happy now?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 342
Fishy_fishtails
November 29, 2017, 7:52pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete

Ipswin  v  Fishy-fantails    this could go on for a lot more than 10 rounds,

Sorry I can not stay I have a footy match to watch  

At least get my name correct grimsbypete,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 342
Cloudy
November 29, 2017, 7:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

Wonder who they were?

People who attended last night who travel home and away said they have never seen them at any game?

Very strange
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 342
davmariner
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79

Fair enough mate, brave of you to come out. Any reason why JF didn't stop the abuse?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 342
Ipswin
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am thinking of talking to a solicitor  about a case for slander,

£ 2 million should cover it then I will convert them into shares and give them to the Trust.

FFS don't do that They'll give them to Fenty!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 342
Ipswin
November 29, 2017, 7:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

There ya go Ipswin, there's an answer for you. Happy now?!

Not really. Do you know Fenty and his family as well? (like Rob does) are you related to them?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 342
Rob_in_Grimsby
November 29, 2017, 8:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Cloudy

Wonder who they were?

People who attended last night who travel home and away said they have never seen them at any game?

Very strange

The chap who lost the plot at the end was sat next to me, I have been around the club for allot of years home and away I can say I have never seen him before at the games or previous fans forums  same goes for the Lady on the front row who did not conduct herself in a lady like manor.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 342
sonik
November 29, 2017, 8:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1

The chap who lost the plot at the end was sat next to me, I have been around the club for allot of years home and away I can say I have never seen him before at the games or previous fans forums  same goes for the Lady on the front row who did not conduct herself in a lady like manor.

Well said Rob. Wish I could of been there!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 342
HackneyHaddock
November 29, 2017, 8:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I'm torn because on much of the substance (shares situation, efforts to find an investor, tax position, Bogle transfer, numbers around the stadium, honesty about JF's exit strategy) I thought the panel gave some clear answers.

Which brings us back to the style and presentation.  If the club had bought in just a few days' of training in how to handle media questions and handling/neutralising aggressive questioning, the same answers and facts could have been presented in a much better way and not poured petrol onto the fire.

Take Stephen Marley for example.  He made a perfectly reasonable point that he'd spoken to a local HNWI about investing in the club and that this person was put off by the prospect of abuse from fans.  I don't think anyone would dispute that as a plausible anecdote and wouldn't have expected him to divulge who it was.  Matt Dean, as a journalist, did his job and asked Marley, at which point he exploded and started angrily bandying around phrases like "rank stupidity".  

Why couldn't Marley have just said with a smile "Ha, nice try Matt and I understand you have to ask me that, as a journalist, but I'm sure you can appreciate I was asked to not divulge this person's identity and I'd like to keep my word to them.  It does mean I'm asking you all to take me at my word on it, but because we're still involved in talking to people in business and football, it's also important that those we approach know they can trust us to act with discretion and keep confidences."

Why not just give that answer like any other professional would do, instead of kicking off like an episode of Jeremy Kyle?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 342
35 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.