Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 98 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 27,149 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 28, 2017, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from barralad
All I can add is that the two "representatives" (well the ones I knew anyway) of The Fishy did us proud with some very well delivered questions and comments. Take a bow 1MickeyLyons and Civvy at Last.

Which one was Steve?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 342
KingstonMariner
November 28, 2017, 10:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sat down with a beer now at my mum’s having got back from the meeting.

Immediate thoughts are that nothing will change from the club side as JF and Stephen Marley were not in listening mode. E.g. the point about it not being the rebuttal of MattDean that was the issue but the manner of it. John just kept saying ‘I was right to issue a rebuttal’.

It seemed more of an opportunity for John to get some things off his chest and for Stephen Marley to talk patronisingly to the fans. He could have covered what needed to be said about the search for new investors in a quarter of the time and he made a big song and dance about whether he should tell us about it. I respect the need to keep the parties confidential but why the need to have kept this close to his chest in the first place. He said ‘in the spirit of openness’ through gritted teeth like he was forced into doing us a favour.

Russell Slade was value for money! Talked well and without patronising or lecturing anyone.

As ever it ain’t what you do* it’s the way that you do it.

* except sometimes it is  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 342
barralad
November 28, 2017, 10:44pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Which one was Steve?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 342
Marinerz93
November 28, 2017, 10:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I got caught up in a car and lorry accident on the M18 coming back from Nottingham tonight, so caught the back end of the forum, anything positive before the bickering started. The bit I saw looked like Fenty crying he was a victim whilst lambasting poor old Pete and another vile sish on the fishy.

Steve Marley looks nothing like his dad Bob, and whilst he was talking birds were falling out the sky, bore off you smug boring fart.

Anyone give me a concise over view please.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 342
Grimbiggs
November 28, 2017, 10:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
I attended and managed to get a question in about Shaun Pearson, but I was surprised with Slade's assessment and use of stats as Cardwell and Clifton came out on top on most of the charts we were shown, and yet they never seem to get a game!.... Fenty got taken to task by a guy I know on the 'bullying' question of the EFL games, and I agree that the accountant Marley came across very smug and patronising.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 342
headingly_mariner
November 28, 2017, 10:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
"Feel very sorry for @mattdeanradio tonight. A good bloke, doing his job, ambushed. I felt embarrassed being sat on that panel. As I left I apologised to him.

An hour prior the club moaned about fans bullying fans then promptly ganged up and bullied him. Unreal. Embarrassing."

This tweet from the Trust Chairman Paul Savage hits the nail on the head. Really impressed with him, could see he was horrified with what was going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 342
Stadium
November 28, 2017, 10:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Embarrassing at the end there,totally unprofessional.
And John,oh dear,oh dear

http://www.thequeenshall.net/a....._info.jpg?1352334052

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 342
RoboCod
November 28, 2017, 10:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from jonnyboy82
After tonight although I don't agree with how that Marley bloke spoke I have found a new respect for Mr fenty .

The bloke has had a hard time from people and me included and it's time from my point of view anyway to put it to bed and pull together in one direction.

I'd love to agree with that but watching Fenty grin throughout the Curtis Woodhouse section at the end, seeing his smirk when Matt Dean says he got his info from a valued source...ugh. Unhappy with this board, frustrated at the amateurishness of their media skills and Marley is the Titanic of the PR world of disasters.

An awful ending, Slade lost it at the end, a mistaken Tweet somehow is much bigger than Stevenage and Checkatrade and incurs a red-faced, eye bulging swipe at Dean? You lose trust? I still remember Cardiff Mr Slade, I know trust.
The way I feel now I'd have the lot out, it's becoming a freakshow. These are dark days at GTFC.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 342
Marinerz93
November 28, 2017, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lkiPq6x.jpg[/img]

Stop picking on me it's unfair, you're mean to me,

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NIn2mdk.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 342
promotion plaice
November 28, 2017, 11:09pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200

Well all I can say is I thought it was going to be the usual boring shite.

Far from it.......the questions we wanted to be asked where asked and strongly....

and I thought the replies by JF and the panel where very informative and honest.

I'm not a big fan of John Fenty but ..boring boring ...I trust the board to make the right choice over the next owner after hearing that.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 342
35 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.