Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 101 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 27,146 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 29, 2017, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from bax

Plastic face? Charming.

That was me.

That wasn't called for Paul - personally thought you came across as well as you were allowed to. I have a huge problem with how last night appeared to be stage-managed to allow Matt Dean to be hung out to dry at the end (although Jf's non-knowledge of the meeting between Dean & Day was funny!) - all in all, it just goes to show how much of a pickle the club is in in terms of its' relationship between them and us.
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 342
RoboCod
November 29, 2017, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
When it became a feeding frenzy at the end the only ones with any credit were Bax and Matt Dean, who both tried to politely put their point over but were shouted down or talked over.

I'm not really sure why Wilko was there, nor if he'd wished he'd stayed at home

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 342
1mickylyons
November 29, 2017, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from RoboCod
When it became a feeding frenzy at the end the only ones with any credit were Bax and Matt Dean, who both tried to politely put their point over but were shouted down or talked over.

I'm not really sure why Wilko was there, nor if he'd wished he'd stayed at home

I had my arm up for 10 mins trying to ask Wilko a question regarding our young players etc which I think would have gone down well and he would have probably enjoyed answering?Sadly my timing was all off and it was just as silly season broke out down the front in the cheap seats.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 342
Jarmo.Is.God
November 29, 2017, 11:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Who was the bloke that was giving Matt no end of abuse at the end? and the woman who told him his 20 years of journalism have been nothing but sh!t?

Extremly painful to watch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 342
Ipswin
November 29, 2017, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Well now the dust has (almost) settled what conclusions can be drawn from last night's debacle

1 Slade manged to while away 25 minutes with stats to show what a dynamic modern forward looking manager he is and to illustrate how much running Vernon does (shame he didn't have figures for what percentage of his running was actually with or for the ball)

2 Day seems a nice bloke, cuddly like your Grandad and totally unsuited to taking Fenty's place in any nitty gritty negotiations with NELC, potential 'enablers',Extreme or anyone else.

3 The accountant fella Marley, what a pretentious, patronising tw@t. No such thing as a quick chat with him, take your pjamas and cocoa. Wobbled on and on trying to illustrate what a great bloke he is then showed his real self and lost it when interrupted. Interesting to know an American investor had showed a serious interest in the club. Shame the board decided not to sell as the buyers wanted total control and 100% of the shares. As far as I know nobody actually asked the shareholders what they thought (I didn't get a letter anyway) Seems to me the major shareholder probably made that decision  on his own as lets face it the other board members own sod all shares to speak of.

4 Was not impressed when Fenty's family and imported supporters on the front row kicked off at Matt Dean, Fenty had already had a go and when Slade joined in saying it had affected the players too (good excuse for not scoring goals Russ) I wish Matt Dean had just walked out Credit to him for his composure

5 Fenty himself. As another poster pointed out last night he looked like a tribute to the late Rodney Bewes. He was a little less forceful than Bob Ferris and his plea at the end had me reaching for my hankie. I also took exception to his inference that the security at Stevenage had been brought about by the behaviour of some Town away fans, yet another example of 'it's someone else's fault' A bit like how tatty the ground was when he came in (how that impacts on the current state of the bogs I didn't quite get) and how he can't attract new board members because the social media (us) are so cruel. Didn't tell us why Bignot was sacked, just went on about what a great bloke Hurst was and how reliable Russ is - do we take it Bignot failed in that area?

6 All in all an entertaining two and a half hours but not very enlightening

Incidentally I have just worked out (I must be thick for it to have taken so long) 'you're vile sish mates' should of course have read 'your vile fish(y) mates'. I can forgive him the 'sish' error as after all as we are often reminded he is lysdexic but 'vile' is a bit strong. Also disappointed that Pete and I who contacted Fenty by phone and PM respectively are now barred from ever contacting him again - I will lie awake worrying about that.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 342
grimsby pete
November 29, 2017, 11:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin
Well now the dust has (almost) settled what conclusions can be drawn from last night's debacle

1 Slade manged to while away 25 minutes with stats to show what a dynamic modern forward looking manager he is and to illustrate how much running Vernon does (shame he didn't have figures for what percentage of his running was actually with or for the ball)

2 Day seems a nice bloke, cuddly like your Grandad and totally unsuited to taking Fenty's place in any nitty gritty negotiations with NELC, potential 'enablers',Extreme or anyone else.

3 The accountant fella Marley, what a pretentious, patronising tw@t. No such thing as a quick chat with him, take your pjamas and cocoa. Wobbled on and on trying to illustrate what a great bloke he is then showed his real self and lost it when interrupted. Interesting to know an American investor had showed a serious interest in the club. Shame the board decided not to sell as the buyers wanted total control and 100% of the shares. As far as I know nobody actually asked the shareholders what they thought (I didn't get a letter anyway) Seems to me the major shareholder probably made that decision  on his own as lets face it the other board members own sod all shares to speak of.

4 Was not impressed when Fenty's family and imported supporters on the front row kicked off at Matt Dean, Fenty had already had a go and when Slade joined in saying it had affected the players too (good excuse for not scoring goals Russ) I wish Matt Dean had just walked out Credit to him for his composure

5 Fenty himself. As another poster pointed out last night he looked like a tribute to the late Rodney Bewes. He was a little less forceful than Bob Ferris and his plea at the end had me reaching for my hankie. I also took exception to his inference that the security at Stevenage had been brought about by the behaviour of some Town away fans, yet another example of 'it's someone else's fault' A bit like how tatty the ground was when he came in (how that impacts on the current state of the bogs I didn't quite get) and how he can't attract new board members because the social media (us) are so cruel. Didn't tell us why Bignot was sacked, just went on about what a great bloke Hurst was and how reliable Russ is - do we take it Bignot failed in that area?

6 All in all an entertaining two and a half hours but not very enlightening

Incidentally I have just worked out (I must be thick for it to have taken so long) 'you're vile sish mates' should of course have read 'your vile fish(y) mates'. I can forgive him the 'sish' error as after all as we are often reminded he is lysdexic but 'vile' is a bit strong. Also disappointed that Pete and I who contacted Fenty by phone and PM respectively are now barred from ever contacting him again - I will lie awake worrying about that.

You have got another PM from me Swin.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 342
FishOutOfWater
November 29, 2017, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete

You have got another PM from me Swin.

I never had you down as such a villain Pete  

You and Swin plotting from down there in that vile Suffolk……

It’s all your fault 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 286 - 342
davmariner
November 29, 2017, 12:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Who was the bloke that was giving Matt no end of abuse at the end? and the woman who told him his 20 years of journalism have been nothing but sh!t?

Extremly painful to watch

Someone on another thread mentioned that it was someone linked to Fenty. Be interesting to know if that's true.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 342
oldun
November 29, 2017, 12:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Oh I am left remembering the days of gentleman Bill Carr at the helm and the very professional Commercial Manager we once had who went up to a north east club, just can't remember his name. Different atmosphere in those days. So much poison now which will have to lanced before there is any chance of it healing. I just hope that RS and his squad are able to rise above it all and give us something to cheer about on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 342
Marinerz93
November 29, 2017, 12:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner

Someone on another thread mentioned that it was someone linked to Fenty. Be interesting to know if that's true.

Apparently Fenty's sister in law and her fella  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 342
35 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.