12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2017, 10:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
"I actually think that social media dilutes the anger, because people now have an outlet they never used to have and don't have to wait for the next home game to come around for before they get a chance to vent".

I think this is a really good point TBH, but social media accounts for a small proportion of attendees. Maybe the apathy that we feel at BP is a reflection of the lack of excitement being generated from the top as well as on the park, like I say our board need to work harder to earn the right to their seats. Not sure they understand buying shares gets you access but it's what you do afterwards that counts............ This is not the time for grey men in the background or defensive fans forums we need energy and we need it now.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 117
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Cloudy
I have similar feelings to ginny in that I just dont care much anymore.

I will be there tonight but have little interest.

The call for the fans to reach out in the search of more unity is admirable but for me, it has been destroyed by JF. I see no chance of feeling any sympathy or admiration for the man who has driven a wedge between me and ( what i still consider) my club!

There is now little chance of reconciliation for me and after 50 years i honestly thing the 'marriage' is over.

I won't be going to watch Scunny or anywhere else. Not looking for sympathy  or an argument, just feel I am at the end which saddens me greatly.

Yep, feels like the end of my marriage did. When it's over it's over and all the marriage counselling in the world won't fix it. The spark eventually goes and you look for something to bring that spark back. The only way that can happen with your team is a complete regime change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 117
jock dock tower
November 21, 2017, 10:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I feel lucky to call barralad a friend, and whenever I go to a game I always try and get a seat with him.

I respect his views immensely, and think his post on the subject of fan engagement to be spot on, but as it is written in conciliatory tones it has attracted some criticism, much the same as one of my posts re fan ownership did when I talked about conciliation and engaging with JF. It's a difficult path to tread, you go banging on the door saying "we want this, we want that, or else" and the drawbridges go up.

The Trust are in such a position. They have to work with the club, not against it, or they get nothing. It's the real world, although the actions of the man at the helm do not make for an easy working relationship I would imagine. I would imagine the Trust suffer the same kind of despair we all did when we saw the "ten rounds" letter, so let's not go bashing the trust, or it's messengers, they're there to do a difficult job, in difficult times and am sure they represent the views of the vast majority of the fans. We may not always like what we hear from them, because of the circumstances they have to work in,  but they do represent our views and that is such an important link to have.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 117
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
I have met Barralad, done some work at his house in fact, and yes he is a top bloke. I'm not criticising him in any way, i just disagree with some of what he said. The Trust have a thankless task and are in danger of becoming stuck in the middle of the war of words currently happening. I did seriously consider becoming more involved with the Trust and volunteering what little skill set i have to them, but i decided it wasn't worth the grief and i now find myself in a position where i don't even want to watch the team, never mind anything else involving GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 117
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2017, 10:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob
Much maligned as the Fishy may be from some quarters, the directors do view the site and read the posts, even to the point of printing some of them out and keeping them. There can't be many clubs where that is the case, and where there is such a direct route to the gaze of the decision makers. They don't really need the trust to tell them questions like the one raised by the OP because doubtless they have read the topic for themselves and are perfectly aware that it is an issue that is being debated at length.

Fair point, the worrying thing for me though is that some posters and guests believe  that this site is the barometer for all of Town's support and that they represent the masses when in reality they are just a vocal minority, some of whom have not set foot in BP for ages.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 117
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Fair point, the worrying thing for me though is that some posters and guests believe  that this site is the barometer for all of Town's support and that they represent the masses when in reality they are just a vocal minority, some of whom have not set foot in BP for ages.  

Not true in my experience. Of my regular group of four at BP, all season ticket holders, i am the only one who posts on here, my brother doesn't have a computer or smartphone even. All four feel the same way and my brother has already given up going. Two other members of my family sit in other parts of the ground and they also feel this way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 117
pizzzza
November 21, 2017, 10:58am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from barralad

talk to people regularly about all things GTFC. Guess what? The only topics of conversation are about facilities, the new ground and the apparent lack of success on the pitch.  

Sorry, I have to pull you up on this as it is just plain wrong. Maybe you are only speaking to a small band of happy clappers but the conversations that I have been having in the past few weeks (both at games and away from BP) people (from all walks of life - not just on social media) ARE talking about the lack of entertainment and wanting rid of RS and having a change in the boardroom.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 117
friskneymariner
November 21, 2017, 10:59am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Disagree that it is a vocal minority,those who are voice their concerns are not the ones to worry about,it is those who through apathy have given up altogether.

The Trust has to make a decision what it wants to be,a body to represent the views of the fans,or being content at sitting at the big boys table and being content with what scraps J.F. deigns to feed it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 117
Ipswin
November 21, 2017, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I couldn’t of worded that better. 👍🏼

I disagree, you certainly could HAVE worded it better

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 117
Cloudy
November 21, 2017, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from pizzzza

Sorry, I have to pull you up on this as it is just plain wrong. Maybe you are only speaking to a small band of happy clappers but the conversations that I have been having in the past few weeks (both at games and away from BP) people (from all walks of life - not just on social media) ARE talking about the lack of entertainment and wanting rid of RS and having a change in the boardroom.

Always thought the Fishy only represented a small, mad, lunatic minority as I believe JF does.

I now find that virtually everyone i speak to home and away, across the age spectrum, to a man are angry about the leadership of the club and the football on offer. TBH, the football isnt as bad as some make out IMO  
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question for the Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.