Tommy
November 20, 2017, 1:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well if he is kept on say in 3-4 games time if the results continue in the same vein it makes a difference cos it means we can`t or wont pay him up.

Yeah I get that and probably agree. All my point is, is that us as supporters knowing what contract he is on actually makes no difference to how the board/JF manage the situation.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 117
1mickylyons
November 20, 2017, 1:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Tommy

Yeah I get that and probably agree. All my point is, is that us as supporters knowing what contract he is on actually makes no difference to how the board/JF manage the situation.

Correct and bored though I am with the fayre on offer sadly I don`t think RS is as near to the trapdoor as many seem to think,but I have been wrong before and I live in hope
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 117
zorro_is_a_Mariner
November 20, 2017, 2:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
It may or may not be important about the length of slades contract but as paying fans I think we are entitled to know how long the manager of our football club is appointed for. It was asked when he was appointed and we didn't get an answer. Why the secrecy?

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 117
ginnywings
November 20, 2017, 2:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
It may or may not be important about the length of slades contract but as paying fans I think we are entitled to know how long the manager of our football club is appointed for. It was asked when he was appointed and we didn't get an answer. Why the secrecy?

I'm guessing the fans wouldn't be happy with the terms, especially given his history and the fact a lot didn't want him back anyway. The irony being that we have probably more than given him what he wanted at the end of his last tenure to stay here.

So basically, JF knew he was opening a can of worms bringing him back, but didn't want to take the lid off completely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 117
TAGG
November 20, 2017, 2:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Bax
Sorry to be a pain but what do we get for the money that is paid by the Trust per year because if the fans get no info from Board level that effects club and fans then whats the point of having a seat at the top table.
Slades wages and length of contact effects the club and fans as does Stevenage come to that.
You say to Pete "We are here to act as a liaison between fans/members and the club" I cant see Mr Fenty reciprocating that in any way.

Im not getting onto you, I wouldn't want to sit across the table from Fenty trying to get the best for the fans.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 117
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2017, 4:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

Why? The concept of a Football Club Trust is, in my view, to represent the fans and give the fans a more powerful voice by way of being a collective rather than a lone voice.

The Trust should be trying to ensure the club shows good governance although the club is totally under the control of one man which makes life difficult

The Trust is about more than just acting as 'liaison between fans/members and the club'. If that's all it is, we're in a hopeless situation.

I'm all for having a Trust. Have been since day one. I'm an absolute believer in them. But if the height of the ambition is to 'liaise', especially given recent history, it's time to close the book.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 117
Cloudy
November 20, 2017, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The Trust is about more than just acting as 'liaison between fans/members and the club'. If that's all it is, we're in a hopeless situation.

I'm all for having a Trust. Have been since day one. I'm an absolute believer in them. But if the height of the ambition is to 'liaise', especially given recent history, it's time to close the book.

Who said that?

Totally agree that the ambition should be much higher. As stated, IMO the Trust should be about holding the club to account, to ensure we still have a club  and that JF is not allowed to further strengthen his position by simply managing his way, which has hardly proven to be a success.
Time to try something different in my view BUT not at the cost of liquidation or administration
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 117
MuddyWaters
November 20, 2017, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Bottom line is that the Club/board/major shareholder want to keep the fans at arm's length (or further). Only once has JF been at the mercy of the fans/Trust members and we know what happened then.

It saddens me that all the hard work put in by the Trust doesn't allow them to have a greater say or forge a better dynamic between the fans and the club's hierarchy.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 117
Ipswin
November 20, 2017, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

Who said that?

Totally agree that the ambition should be much higher. As stated, IMO the Trust should be about holding the club to account, to ensure we still have a club  and that JF is not allowed to further strengthen his position by simply managing his way, which has hardly proven to be a success.
Time to try something different in my view BUT not at the cost of liquidation or administration

Sadly I don't think the Trust has the balls and is not prepared to go into bat for the fans and take Fenty on. Shame as they are the only ones in a position to do so albeit through a less than powerful seat on the board. I feel they are constantly on the fence and scared stiff of upsetting Fenty so if they are going to fall either way it will be on his side. Toothless.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 117
Garth
November 20, 2017, 7:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from bax
Pete - why so aggressive?

As I explained the Trust isn’t there to get involved in staff contracts. I am sure the board members know but again it’s not in my gift to ask them about the private details of peoples contracts.

I am sure if someone asks the question at the fans forum you’ll get the correct answer.

Try Golfer before he goes completely insane
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question for the Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.