HertsGTFC
November 21, 2017, 2:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from barralad

If we only get 400 tickets for Lincoln I'll be chaining myself to the door of the big church in protest.
Seriously though cast your mind back to the Doncaster away last year bunfight. The decisions on tickets are made by the office staff not the club board. We hold regular meetings with the office people and strong representations were made about the decisions on ticketing for that match. I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating but I believe it is significant that the club haven't adopted that policy since. It would be unfair of me not to say though that there is considerable hassle attached to selling tickets on behalf of another club and especially for local derbies but we (including me) can forget what an advantage it is that we can simply roll up to B.P. to get a ticket rather than deal with another club's idiosyncracys...remember Wembley tickets/booking fees etc.?

Cheers for the detailed, I guess that wasn't a great example I gave so to simplify do the Trust get consulted on board/exec level decisions? Apologies if this has been covered does the board rep also get a vote on board motions?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 117
KingstonMariner
November 21, 2017, 2:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from gtfc98
Jesus Pete you really are flipping boring.

Well has he got it or not would be the question that determines whether he's got valid point.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 117
KingstonMariner
November 21, 2017, 2:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

Don't apologise. Anyway it's only partly wrong because the first two of your points are encompassed in my point about lack of success on the pitch. You are as likely to mix in circles which broadly agree with your opinion as I am to mix with people who broadly agree with mine. I'm talking about people engaging me in conversation because of my role with the Trust not particularly friends. It would greatly assist in debate if the term "happy clappers" for someone who doesn't share in the dystopian view about the club could be dispensed with but there we go.  

There are people on here whose views on most other issues I can't stand (nor they mine) but we agree on Fenty.

I speak to people at games who I've got little in common with other than the fact they're Town fans, but most think enough is enough.

I think the term 'happy clappers' can be consigned to the dustbin at the same time as 'toxic' and 'keyboard warriors'. The fact people are cynical about the forum is largely to do with the latest outpourings from Fenty. He could have quite easily set the record straight on those questions instead of stirring up more bad feeling with ill-judged comments.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 117
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2017, 2:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
“The fact people are cynical about the forum is largely to do with the latest outpourings from Fenty”

I am not sure I get that logic, are you suggesting if JF keeps his trap shut everyone will be happy?

Not sure how he can be blamed for people getting p1ssed off with the same old regurgitated arguments, unfounded attacks and unrealistic solutions on a message board.

Jesus I hope we score tonight 🙏

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 117
barralad
November 21, 2017, 4:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Cheers for the detailed, I guess that wasn't a great example I gave so to simplify do the Trust get consulted on board/exec level decisions? Apologies if this has been covered does the board rep also get a vote on board motions?

I should apologise. I got a bit carried away there!

The concise answer is Yes.

When GTFC offered the Trust a place on the Board it was a "full" place with all the associated voting rights. I hope that answers your questions. Personally speaking I find our relationship with the office staff to be of more value. We are listened to at a day to day level and it is the decisions made by Ian and the staff that tend to affect fans more directly.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 117
RoboCod
November 21, 2017, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I am not sure I get that logic, are you suggesting if JF keeps his trap shut everyone will be happy?

I'd love to try it as an experiment!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 117
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2017, 4:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mariner91
The apathy from long term and previously passionate supporters is extremely concerning. Do these people who feel that way think that a regime change could bring the spark back? Purely hypothetical but I'm interested because if not then the long term future of the club is not good.

One individual's opinion I know but I'm going tonight because my two lads want to go and we've got season tickets - I wouldn't be going out of my own choice.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 117
barralad
November 21, 2017, 4:33pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There are people on here whose views on most other issues I can't stand (nor they mine) but we agree on Fenty.

I speak to people at games who I've got little in common with other than the fact they're Town fans, but most think enough is enough.

I think the term 'happy clappers' can be consigned to the dustbin at the same time as 'toxic' and 'keyboard warriors'. The fact people are cynical about the forum is largely to do with the latest outpourings from Fenty. He could have quite easily set the record straight on those questions instead of stirring up more bad feeling with ill-judged comments.

I talk to a lot of people who are absolutely bewildered as to why I stick up for the Fishy. It has a dreadful reputation amongst a sizeable chunk of the fanbase.  To people like us it is important but I sometimes think we are in a bubble. I daren't even look at the stats for how long I spend logged on here! If you think this reputation has been "gained" over the last few weeks then you can be Dr Townsend's first patient in "Fishies Anonymous" and work to wean ourselves out of the bubble and back into the real world. Together we can do it...
Toxic is one of those in vogue sayings. I used it because it was the title of the thread. Needless to say I didn't start the thread.
I don't particularly like the term "keyboard warrior" and try not to use it.
I am delighted to say though that purely by chance I've spoken to two regular posters on here today in person (within 30 minutes of each other in Town) and they are both going to attend next Tuesday. If they are as prepared as they appear to be then we are in for a very good night.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 117
barralad
November 21, 2017, 4:36pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well has he got it or not would be the question that determines whether he's got valid point.

Well at the risk of prolonging even further this issue I can answer that. No he hasn't but neither have we reached the deadline that I offered him in a P.M. I sent him some time ago.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 117
barralad
November 21, 2017, 4:39pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from RoboCod

I'd love to try it as an experiment!

Less than 24 hours after I bemoan the loss of humour on the Fishy and along comes Robo Cop. Brilliant response!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question for the Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.