KingstonMariner
November 21, 2017, 4:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC
“The fact people are cynical about the forum is largely to do with the latest outpourings from Fenty”

I am not sure I get that logic, are you suggesting if JF keeps his trap shut everyone will be happy?

Not sure how he can be blamed for people getting p1ssed off with the same old regurgitated arguments, unfounded attacks and unrealistic solutions on a message board.

Jesus I hope we score tonight 🙏

What I'm saying is if he didn't come on here with aggressive statements like last Friday, and simply answered questions people'd be less cynical about the forum. If he'd simply answered Pete's questions when he invited him to contact him instead of being rude. If he'd spoken up about Bragate when all and sundry were asking the club to say something. If instead of lecturing other people (remember the think 3 times before you post video) he followed his own advice, things might be a lot calmer.

So no, I'm not asking him to keep his trap shut.

If you want to point out the regurgitated arguments and unfounded attacks go ahead. Unrealistic solutions - well isn't a message board like this for discussing ideas, good bad or indifferent, or can we only discuss those approved by certain people?

I too hope we score tonight, but if we win 6-0 it will only paper over the cracks in the relationship between fans and the club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 117
pizzzza
November 21, 2017, 4:57pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from barralad

When GTFC offered the Trust a place on the Board it was a "full" place with all the associated voting rights. I hope that answers your questions. Personally speaking I find our relationship with the office staff to be of more value.  

Shouldn't this be other way around? I know you said its your personal opinion but surely the Trust should be getting more value out of the position that cost them all those shares and 30k a year! Otherwise, what's the point?
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 117
barralad
November 21, 2017, 5:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from pizzzza

Shouldn't this be other way around? I know you said its your personal opinion but surely the Trust should be getting more value out of the position that cost them all those shares and 30k a year! Otherwise, what's the point?

Are we at cross-purposes here? What more can you legitimately get than full representation, a vote and inclusivity in all decision making?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 117
pizzzza
November 21, 2017, 6:11pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from barralad

Are we at cross-purposes here? What more can you legitimately get than full representation, a vote and inclusivity in all decision making?

I was referring to you saying that you find more value in the relationship with the office staff than from the seat on the board. I thought that somewhat strange.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 117
friskneymariner
November 21, 2017, 6:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from pizzzza

I was referring to you saying that you find more value in the relationship with the office staff than from the seat on the board. I thought that somewhat strange.

Probably fill his flask.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 117
barralad
November 21, 2017, 6:55pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from pizzzza

Oh I see. Apologies. It was me who misread it. My opinion is based solely really on the fact that despite my profile on here I'm strictly low level/backroom staff. I see the GTFC Board as having an important role strategically but the day to day stuff is what affects ordinary fans...I'm sure my Trust Board colleagues are more likely to have your view.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 117
Bigdog
November 21, 2017, 7:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC
“The fact people are cynical about the forum is largely to do with the latest outpourings from Fenty”

I am not sure I get that logic, are you suggesting if JF keeps his trap shut everyone will be happy?

Not sure how he can be blamed for people getting p1ssed off with the same old regurgitated arguments, unfounded attacks and unrealistic solutions on a message board.

Jesus I hope we score tonight 🙏

Good job the Civil Rights movement regurgitated their same old arguments..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 117
KingstonMariner
November 21, 2017, 10:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

Oh I see. Apologies. It was me who misread it. My opinion is based solely really on the fact that despite my profile on here I'm strictly low level/backroom staff. I see the GTFC Board as having an important role strategically but the day to day stuff is what affects ordinary fans...I'm sure my Trust Board colleagues are more likely to have your view.

So only extraordinary fans are concerned with what goes on in the boardroom?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 117
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question for the Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.