Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Slade goes.....who’s in?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 286 Guests

So Slade goes.....who’s in?

This thread currently has 15,349 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 21, 2017, 10:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
At the Slade press conference, the remit was stated as "get to 50 points as quickly as possible". Slade talked of potential and not seeing any reason we can't get to the play offs and eventually League 1 where he had no doubt we were capable of being.

Getting there however, is a totally different proposition and i don't think he will ever achieve it. If he thinks those players he has signed are capable of getting us to the next level, i think he is sadly deluded and i can't believe he signed some of them. Most of them can't even force their way into the side and most games, only 4 of his signings are on the pitch. Clarke is no better than what we had and Dixon is far worse than the last incumbent. Woolford is a good experienced pro but we have signed him past his sell by date. Dembele is the only relative success and if you look at  his stats, they are not very impressive. Flatters to deceive in the main.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 105
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2017, 10:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
At the Slade press conference, the remit was stated as "get to 50 points as quickly as possible". Slade talked of potential and not seeing any reason we can't get to the play offs and eventually League 1 where he had no doubt we were capable of being.

Getting there however, is a totally different proposition and i don't think he will ever achieve it. If he thinks those players he has signed are capable of getting us to the next level, i think he is sadly deluded and i can't believe he signed some of them. Most of them can't even force their way into the side and most games, only 4 of his signings are on the pitch. Clarke is no better than what we had and Dixon is far worse than the last incumbent. Woolford is a good experienced pro but we have signed him past his sell by date. Dembele is the only relative success and if you look at  his stats, they are not very impressive. Flatters to deceive in the main.

The discarding of Shaun Pearson told you all you need to know. I would love to know what is/our scouting network consists of and how it operates. Though Hurst got a good few wrong he seemed to know the players he wanted well in advance. RS just feels a bit out of touch.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 105
Cloudy
November 21, 2017, 11:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The discarding of Shaun Pearson told you all you need to know. I would love to know what is/our scouting network consists of and how it operates. Though Hurst got a good few wrong he seemed to know the players he wanted well in advance. RS just feels a bit out of touch.  

Relatively recently Graham Rodger became chief scout I believe?

Grezz has been scouting for many years for many clubs around Championship level. It is  vitally important that our recruitment improves, we need to do this better than others and find those rough diamonds.

Although Hurst was much maligned by many his work ethic in watching games and making sure Doig and Warrington were doing the same.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 105
Mariner_09
November 21, 2017, 4:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
So far Slade has signed 1 decent player. I reckon the must maligned Bignot signed 4 good players, Hurst signed bloody hundreds but he had more time to do so. Slade's football is more depressing than the other 2, the results are worse, the recruitment is dire and the PR no different.

Seriously someone should ask at the forum what are we doing?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 105
MuddyWaters
November 21, 2017, 4:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner_09
So far Slade has signed 1 decent player. I reckon the must maligned Bignot signed 4 good players, Hurst signed bloody hundreds but he had more time to do so. Slade's football is more depressing than the other 2, the results are worse, the recruitment is dire and the PR no different.

Seriously someoneMaybe I should ask at the forum what are we doing?

Edited for you
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 105
mariner91
November 21, 2017, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,644
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Mariner_09

Seriously someone should ask at the forum what are we doing?

Osborne and Jones for sure. Who are the other good ones? Bignot and Slade have a very similar record but Bignot inherited the best and most in-form striker in L2 which went some way to gaining points.

This isn't defending Slade btw, he's been awful. But Bignot was also complete shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 105
Marinerz93
November 21, 2017, 5:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC

[img]https://i.imgur.com/qe1WqdQ.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 105
Grantley
November 21, 2017, 5:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mariner91

Osborne and Jones for sure. Who are the other good ones? Bignot and Slade have a very similar record but Bignot inherited the best and most in-form striker in L2 which went some way to gaining points.

This isn't defending Slade btw, he's been awful. But Bignot was also complete shite.

Bignot wasn’t actually far off Hurst’s PPG last year and half of Bignot’s games were without Bogle.

And to be fair to Slade, he hasn’t had Bogle at all.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 105
LondonMariner43
November 21, 2017, 5:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,952
Gold Stars: 64
This is the most laughable thread.  Typical of this board is people slagging off Slade for releasing Pearson.  When I last checked, Pearson is playing non league football.  Large numbers on here used to regularly say Jon Nolan was a rubbish signing but he's now playing at the top of league 1.

Lots of opinions on here but opinion is cheap.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 105
GrimRob
November 21, 2017, 5:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC
i think the £138K was a number Golfer plucked out of the air I think, might be wrong

By being such a precise figure it has the aura of plausibility. Had he said 150K nobody would believe him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 89 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Slade goes.....who’s in?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.