Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Slade goes.....who’s in?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 342 Guests

So Slade goes.....who’s in?

This thread currently has 15,262 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
November 21, 2017, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,246
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Grantley

Bignot wasn’t actually far off Hurst’s PPG last year and half of Bignot’s games were without Bogle.

And to be fair to Slade, he hasn’t had Bogle at all.

Bignot's PPG is closer to Slade's PPG this season than it is to Hurst's... In fact if you only include the league games either Slade or Bignot had in charge then PPG are 1.304 and 1.307 respectively. Like I said, both equally rubbish.

And I don't buy that Bignot was building for the future either. He made 8 signings and let's look at how they're getting on now. 3 (Yussuf, Clements and Asante) are struggling at the foot of the National League. 1 (Luke Maxwell) can't break into midtable Gateshead's side currently. One was Gavin Gunning so enough said there. Which leaves only two that are any use to us although they are admittedly very good players potentially (Jones and Osborne). And Dyson was not too bad although he doesn't seem to be playing for anyone at the minute. So looking at that standard generally, it is beyond belief that I still read some on here claiming that he was setting us up for a "promotion challenge". He's also doing pretty poorly at Chester where he's currently taken 9 points from 10 league games (significantly worse PPG than Slade has this season) and also lost in the FA Cup to a side a league below. Again, this isn't defending Slade. He's done terribly and his recruitment was even worse than Bignot's.

Both appointments have been a complete shambles and I have no faith that, should Slade go, our board will somehow get it right this time. The problems stem from the top and it's time we had either a complete change there or they got somebody in to help them, preferably somebody with some football experience.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 105
LondonMariner43
November 21, 2017, 9:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
You must all be so disappointed about tonight's result. Slade in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 105
sonofmadeleymariner
November 21, 2017, 9:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Not at all. One game doesn't make a season, Slade Out.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 105
LeeVanCleef
November 21, 2017, 9:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +180
Quoted from LondonMariner43

No. It does however beg the question.. Why on earth have we had to wait untill tonight for Town to play like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 105
chipsandgravy
November 21, 2017, 10:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34

Not at all. One game doesn't make a season, Slade Out.

No but just take the night off please!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 105
forza ivano
November 21, 2017, 10:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Just for sake of balance .two questions
How does this compare to last season and how does slade stand record now stack up against Bignot and others?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 105
Mendonca1995
November 21, 2017, 10:04pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Not many giving him credit we’re its due though but very quick to get on his back it hasn’t been great lately NO every town fan will admit that but we need to build on this and despite the pathetic stuff going on off the pitch it’s the team I go to watch and lookout for not fentys daftness well done town credit we’re its due 👍

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 105
mariner91
November 21, 2017, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,246
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from forza ivano
Just for sake of balance .two questions
How does this compare to last season and how does slade stand record now stack up against Bignot and others?

Slade has taken charge for 24 league games and got 33 points. Bignot had 26 league games and got 34.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 105
Zmariner
November 21, 2017, 10:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
We are work in progress. Half way up the league for sure a few moderate signings  and we are not pretty to watch but again we are half way up the league and I am OK with this. SLADE IN
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 105
golfer
November 21, 2017, 10:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from Mendonca1995
Not many giving him credit we’re its due though but very quick to get on his back it hasn’t been great lately NO every town fan will admit that but we need to build on this and despite the pathetic stuff going on off the pitch it’s the team I go to watch and lookout for not fentys daftness well done town credit we’re its due 👍

"Well done Slade"  now fkoff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Slade goes.....who’s in?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.