Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Slade goes.....who’s in?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

So Slade goes.....who’s in?

This thread currently has 15,318 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2017, 11:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from mariner91

Slade has taken charge for 24 league games and got 33 points. Bignot had 26 league games and got 34.

And caused complete fukin chaos in the process.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 105
Grimbiggs
November 21, 2017, 11:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
On the evidence shown tonight, we can actually if we try, play some decent stuff on the deck...HOOFBALL should now be a thing of the past, and now only used sporadically when desperate measures are needed...Why has it taken so long to realise that though?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 105
forza ivano
November 21, 2017, 11:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from forza ivano
Just for sake of balance .two questions
How does this compare to last season and how does slade stand record now stack up against Bignot and others?

Bit weird, answering my own question, but now had time to have a look, and bizarrely we are in exactly the same position as last year with 26 points from 19 games
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 105
malkamalka
November 22, 2017, 9:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from HertsGTFC
i think the £138K was a number Golfer plucked out of the air I think, might be wrong

Buckley was allegedly on £150k when he was sacked in 2000 - that's 17 years ago, so is £138k out of the question?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 105
rancido
November 23, 2017, 8:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings
At the Slade press conference, the remit was stated as "get to 50 points as quickly as possible". Slade talked of potential and not seeing any reason we can't get to the play offs and eventually League 1 where he had no doubt we were capable of being.

Getting there however, is a totally different proposition and i don't think he will ever achieve it. If he thinks those players he has signed are capable of getting us to the next level, i think he is sadly deluded and i can't believe he signed some of them. Most of them can't even force their way into the side and most games, only 4 of his signings are on the pitch. Clarke is no better than what we had and Dixon is far worse than the last incumbent. Woolford is a good experienced pro but we have signed him past his sell by date. Dembele is the only relative success and if you look at  his stats, they are not very impressive. Flatters to deceive in the main.

I seem to recall Bignots remit was to get to 50 points and ensure league safety. He did that and subsequently got the sack.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 105
Bigdog
November 23, 2017, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I seem to remember that the full remit was to gain promotion within three years so we would be playing League One football in the new stadium? That was the big picture we were sold a year ago wasn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Slade goes.....who’s in?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.