Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Slade goes.....who’s in?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 223 Guests

So Slade goes.....who’s in?

This thread currently has 15,314 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 19, 2017, 10:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't think sacking Slade will even be on the radar at BP Towers. I think he has been coaxed to join us on a good contract with an eye to building something over the next few seasons, hopefully building toward the new stadium. That's the plan as i see it and in some ways i think that is a good plan.

Sadly, the fans are not buying into it because of the dire present football and to some extent, the history of the manager, not just at our club, but also at his recent clubs. Slade is right in what he says about patience and fans lack of it, but we have been waiting a long time to see some progress and all i see is a club who are exactly where we were 13 years ago with the same manager, playing the same negative football, in the same league. It's hard to swallow for most.

I honestly think that relegation talk is a bit premature at the moment and with just a little luck, we would be much higher up the league than we currently are. I have seen no other sides that look head and shoulders above us. However, not winning can get to become a habit and you can suddenly find yourself getting cut off, so that is a worry to fans. We need to start scoring and finding that winning formula pronto.

I would be happy to see Slade gone, didn't want him back in the first place, but i don't think he will be going anywhere for the foreseeable myself, so it's suck it up or stop supporting in my opinion.

Well put, agree with that
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 105
Leeds Met Mariner
November 19, 2017, 10:16am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +0
Jay Saunders, Maidstone Manager

4 promotions in 6 season with them, we need a manager on the way up not one that’s going down like the one we’ve got
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 105
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 10:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Not essential but Ideally I would prefer someone who has experience of managing a full time set of players and has worked in the last 12 months, not bothered if they are currently league or non league status. The reality is we will need to look from the league below if it's someone currently working.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 105
dapperz fun pub
November 19, 2017, 10:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Not essential but Ideally I would prefer someone who has experience of managing a full time set of players and has worked in the last 12 months, not bothered if they are currently league or non league status. The reality is we will need to look from the league below if it's someone currently working.

Don’t think the Cowley brothers had managed full time before lincoln , had they ? We need to be brave like lincoln and go for a up and coming young hungry coach whose had reasonable success at a lower level. Bignot was not given long enough imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 105
Marinerz93
November 19, 2017, 10:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I have no faith in Fenty to appoint a manager who can work within the budget constraints we seem to have, I'm not talking about team budget I'm talking about personal contracts, I don't think we are competitive enough. I know agents try a milk the clubs for what they can get and that clubs have to say no at some point, I just get the feeling we say here is the terms take it or leave it.

The proof will be in what we offered members of the team that got us promoted we wanted to keep. Allegedly from what I was told we only offered extra £15 - £20 a week, no wonder Arnold joined Lincoln.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 105
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2017, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Don’t think the Cowley brothers had managed full time before lincoln , had they ? We need to be brave like lincoln and go for a up and coming young hungry coach whose had reasonable success at a lower level. Bignot was not given long enough imo

No they hadn't but it was less of a risk for Lincoln as Braintree where better than them when Danny Cowley left. I don't think Lincoln where being particularly brave in taking a manager from a tin pot club who he nearly got promoted and finished above them.

Disagree about Bignot as he was stupid enough not to realise he did not have to change the fabric of everything at the club just build upon the last couple of seasons.

Lincoln attracted Danny Cowley because he saw the potential they could offer as they had positive incoming investment, what could we currently offer? The opportunity to work in the league 2 equivalent of North Korea?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
November 19, 2017, 10:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Agree about Bignot, his methods seemed off but he should have had a preseason and we should be now deciding whether he is working out for us or not.  Something happened behind the scenes, I just don't know what.

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 105
H19P1
November 19, 2017, 11:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Maybe next time the club should filter down to 3 candidates then give the fans the final choice via the trust or something similar. Or have a say at least
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 105
lee65
November 19, 2017, 11:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Slade must have a long contract, or why not say what it is?

I’m afraid we’re stuck with what we have, as I can’t see us paying him up if that’s going to cost £200 - £300k maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 105
heppy88
November 19, 2017, 11:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
It’s alright saying Slade has been given the job ofstabilising the team and it’s alright for him to tell us all to be patient. But him and Fenty told the supporters that promotion was the goal of this season. Promotion, not stability, not mid table mediocrity, not a battle for survival. We look so far from being a promotion winning side, Donald trump has more chance of becoming the pope!

Perhaps he believes he is building for the future, but not with the tosh he has bought in. We haven’t got anyone at present who looks capable of scoring a goal! I could tolerate the shite on offer if promotion looked realistic. But let’s be honest it’s not and never will be with the bald one in charge and Fenty at the helm. It’s like being in a bloody nightmare, but this time it’s real😩
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Slade goes.....who’s in?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.