Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from crusty ole pie
I bet angry Steve cotterill gave a great after match interview
He did this Saturday!      

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 74
April 15, 2024, 3:56pm
Guest User
“Comments are turned off”  
Reply: 51 - 74
AdamHaddock
April 15, 2024, 3:57pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
I wonder if they'll keep him

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 74
crusty ole pie
April 15, 2024, 4:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from AdamHaddock
I wonder if they'll keep him

More to the point will he want them possibly missing his burgers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 74
Marinerdan
April 15, 2024, 4:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +957
Gold Stars: 17
National League looks fairly weak now. In the past there always seemed to be a bottleneck of bankrolled or quality teams trying to get out. Now there seems to be more traditional non league clubs in the play-off spots and the ex-league clubs all have off the field issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sutton and FGR won promotion next year.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 74
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 15, 2024, 4:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Marinerdan
National League looks fairly weak now. In the past there always seemed to be a bottleneck of bankrolled or quality teams trying to get out. Now there seems to be more traditional non league clubs in the play-off spots and the ex-league clubs all have off the field issues.

It wouldn't surprise me if FGR are a season away from playing in the NLS. This is back to back relegations.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 74
April 15, 2024, 4:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerdan

I don't doubt Dale will chuck more money at it.

Sutton will go up if they keep that team.
Reply: 56 - 74
Poojah
April 15, 2024, 4:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Marinerdan

Has it ever happened since the inception of 2 up, 2 down, that both relegated teams have been promoted at the first time of asking? Personally, I think FGR’s problems are largely that Dale Vince is losing interest, and I think this might be the last we ever see of the veggies as an EFL club.

As ever, this is always the big question of heavily bankrolled clubs; what happens when the sugar-daddy stops sugar-daddying? Sometimes there’s a decent succession plan - Bournemouth are still doing alright some 13 years after they were bought by Maxim Demin and Brighton will almost certainly fine when Tony Bloom eventually hands over the keys to the Amex, but there are no shortage of examples where the ending isn’t so happy; see Rushden & Diamonds, Gretna and, oh, Scunny, for example.

Vince has built Forest Green so prominently in his image, or the image of his commercial interests, that I would imagine potential buyers will be very few and far between when he decides to give them up.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 74
TownSNAFU5
April 15, 2024, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Dale Mince said that FGR would be in the Championship in 5 years time.  That was about 5 years ago.

It is likely to get his wish - but in reverse. Maybe some obscure lower non-league championship
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 74
RonMariner
April 15, 2024, 5:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
“I hope it hurts them as much as it hurts me…”

Throwing the players under the bus then.

It’s incredible that a team who were in L1 last season, and spent a fortune on agents this season, could be adrift at the bottom like this.

There must have been some truly abysmal retention and recruitment decisions. They went through three managers too didn’t they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › FGR Run In

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.