Heisenberg
March 16, 2024, 7:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from RonMariner

You really think we will struggle to get six points?  

Look at our recent away record. Draws at the teams currently in 7th, 9th and 12th.

And a home win against the team in 4th. I certainly think we can beat Swindon and Bradford at home and get a few away points too. It would not surprise me at all if we beat Wrexham next weekend.

Are you saying that Newport at home is a definite defeat then?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 74
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 16, 2024, 7:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LondonMariner43
The question is… where will we get 6 points?  Our run in isn’t the easiest

At a guess Swindon and Bradford City at home plus we have a good chance v Newport and Wrexham plus the Colchester game so I think there is at least eight points in just those five games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 74
Heisenberg
March 16, 2024, 7:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

At a guess Swindon and Bradford City at home plus we have a good chance v Newport and Wrexham plus the Colchester game so I think there is at least eight points in just those five games.

I do agree, don’t get me wrong, but when we played Bradford on TV, the commentators said something astonishing - their unbeaten run against Town is the longest in their history. Considering they’ve been in all 4 divisions in recent times, they’ll have played pretty much everyone, so they really are our bogey team.

I seem to remember our last win against them - I reckon it was the 4-3 at Valley Parade in 96/97. One of my biggest regrets - I was at uni not too far away at the time and decided on the morning that I’d give it a miss as I’d be on my tod. Wish I’d gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 74
Poojah
March 16, 2024, 8:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,572
Gold Stars: 1,501
Quoted from Heisenberg

I do agree, don’t get me wrong, but when we played Bradford on TV, the commentators said something astonishing - their unbeaten run against Town is the longest in their history. Considering they’ve been in all 4 divisions in recent times, they’ll have played pretty much everyone, so they really are our bogey team.

I seem to remember our last win against them - I reckon it was the 4-3 at Valley Parade in 96/97. One of my biggest regrets - I was at uni not too far away at the time and decided on the morning that I’d give it a miss as I’d be on my tod. Wish I’d gone.

We beat them at home in the 98/99. Lee Nogan header. Gary Walsh in goal for them.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 74
Heisenberg
March 16, 2024, 8:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

We beat them at home in the 98/99. Lee Nogan header. Gary Walsh in goal for them.

Oh right, I’ll have been to that, but it doesn’t stand out (aka I don’t remember it!).

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 74
Poojah
March 16, 2024, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,572
Gold Stars: 1,501
Quoted from Heisenberg

Oh right, I’ll have been to that, but it doesn’t stand out (aka I don’t remember it!).

It was actually 2-0. Funny, ‘cos I could remember Nogan’s looping header vividly (I was sat right behind it), but recalled nothing of Groves’ goal. I suppose it was nearly 26 years ago.

Tweet 1581900165711278080 will appear here...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 74
davmariner
March 16, 2024, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
We just need to get our heads down and keep doing what we’re doing. If run ins were decided on paper then we’d have lost to Notts County in the first National League play-off game.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 74
TownSNAFU5
March 16, 2024, 8:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
Swindon fans say that their team are absolute rubbish.  I can see us finishing above them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 74
The Yard Dog
March 16, 2024, 8:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74

We started our difficult run two games ago and we have already taken 4 points from them, we a different team to the one which lost to Doncaster. On a unbeaten run which will give the team confidence going into the next home game against Wrexham, who are having a bit of a wobble.

Lets pack out the park next week and put a spanner in Wrexham's promotion charge, a win next week will be a massive step towards securing our league status.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 74
StacyColdicotts_hairline
March 16, 2024, 8:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1

Have you not been paying attention for the last month ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › FGR Run In

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.