Mappers
March 13, 2024, 6:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,342
Gold Stars: 119
https://www.stockportcounty.com/stadiumexpansion/update-on-our-plans/

Impressive.I like  that they are improving it gradually . Seeing as we are staying at BP maybe a smaller scale version of what they are doing can be looked at in the medium to long term ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Poojah
March 13, 2024, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,611
Gold Stars: 1,503
Already looking forward to white_shorts bumping this thread in 8 and-a-half weeks’ time.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
mimma
March 13, 2024, 7:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Here we go again.

Edgley Park is not hemmed in by houses, and has the land around it to build on. Blundell Park does not.  They also seem to have access to money that we don't have. Appart from these small issues, then why can't we follow likewise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
Mappers
March 13, 2024, 7:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from mimma
Here we go again.

Edgley Park is not hemmed in by houses, and has the land around it to build on. Blundell Park does not.  They also seem to have access to money that we don't have. Appart from these small issues, then why can't we follow likewise.

It might be hemmed in but there are 4 corners and 3 stands that don't even run the full length of the pitch with bogs ,roofs and other items not fit for purpose .  

They have access to a multi millionaire who's a fan , we have millionaire owners who are fans ,who by their own admission have spent their careers raising capital for projects & businesses . Yes football is a different entity to anything else  but I hope they have a major overhaul in mind after the training ground is completed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 51
Heswall Mariner
March 13, 2024, 9:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +591
Gold Stars: 30
Just to digress - the last time I went to Edgley Park I recall a guy threw his crutches down in front of Laurie Mac.& we won thanks to a couple of goals from Mat Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 51
White_shorts
March 13, 2024, 10:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Poojah
Already looking forward to White_shorts bumping this thread in 8 and-a-half weeks’ time.

There isn't a law against replying to threads that are more than a week old.

Why would I bump a discussion about Stockport's ground?  Good for them.  18k would not be an embarrassment in the Championship.

I'm waiting for news about dock redevelopment planning applications that were supposed to have been submitted last month.  Is Shutes still interested in a stadium, or has he given up on that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 13, 2024, 11:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from White_shorts

Why would I bump a discussion about Stockport's ground?  Good for them.  18k would not be an embarrassment in the Championship.

I'm still waiting for news about dock redevelopment planning applications that were supposed to have been submitted last month.  Is Shutes still interested in a stadium, or has he given up on that?

I’d like to think that it could be something to help the town and n.e lincs as an area. I’ve mentioned my thoughts on it before but the council/s that have been in place seem to consider the club a burden on the area. Yet, done correctly, it could create an upturn in the area from training apprenticeships, and jobs while building takes place through to full time jobs/careers once a stadium is actually built.

But, while all I hear about is doom and gloom about the councils, it’s not got any chance of any local authority help.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
HerveJosse
March 14, 2024, 8:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from mimma
Here we go again.

Plenty of room within the existing footprint of BP for stand extensions/ rebuilds or simply filling in the corners. Always easy to say it can’t be done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
Mappers
March 14, 2024, 8:28am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Plenty of room within the existing footprint of BP for stand extensions/ rebuilds or simply filling in the corners. Always easy to say it can’t be done.

It 100% can be done .

It's not even the capacity for me that's the major issue or priority it's more the facility aspect -some of  the disabled supporters are still getting sodden wet through if it rains and I just don't think that's acceptable really - a lot of the gripes are things that anywhere else people would go potty about but because we are stuck ,fans just seem to accept it the way it is .

It could be a really great stadium in my mind with a mixture of old and new which would be a novelty for many .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
cannylad65
March 14, 2024, 8:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 6
the last time I went to Edgley Park I recall a guy threw his crutches down in front of Laurie Mac.& we won thanks to a couple of goals from Mat Tees.

That was my mate Tommy, who had been injured playing football.
On seeing Lawrie Mac, he threw down his crutches and said, I can now walk.

A true story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockport stadium expansion

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.