arryarryarry
March 14, 2024, 10:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Just to digress - the last time I went to Edgley Park I recall a guy threw his crutches down in front of Laurie Mac.& we won thanks to a couple of goals from Mat Tees.

Bloomin' eck, been there loads of time since then in fact don't think I missed a game there.

I remember some Stockport fans trying to be a bit massive in the side stand where all the Town fans were but were chased out of the stand onto the pitch side then chased out of the ground.

Another memorable game was the 4-2 win.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
NorthseaMariner
March 14, 2024, 10:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
On a slightly different point. How come Tottenham managed to get thirty million grant from some London improvement fund and seventy million in tax breaks to help fund their stadium, but we appear to have to fund everything ourselves?

There’s got to be something we can get to assist. Even Scunny got 2 or 3 million via North Lincs Council to buy back Glumford Park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
kafunanapar140909
March 14, 2024, 10:54am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
I like how they’re playing us in the artist’s impression - and they’re 1-0 up inside 5 minutes. Must have been drawn a while ago as we seem to be playing four at the back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
mimma
March 14, 2024, 11:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
N E Lincs Council are a problem not a solution.  Would they grant permission to rebuild, and the residents wouldn't lie down and let us build it. When it comes to planning permission our council are notorious for dragging out planning permission and kicking into the long grass. They don't seem to understand the importance of our club to the area and beyond so won't break a sweat to help with funding either, though to fair they don't have the cash to help us in the first place.
I would love to see Blundell Park redeveloped but being pragmatic I cannot see it happening, and if it did, it would be many years before it would happen.
Sorry to be so negative fellas

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
Theimperialcoroner
March 14, 2024, 11:48am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from mimma
Here we go again.

Edgley Park is not hemmed in by houses, and has the land around it to build on. Blundell Park does not.  They also seem to have access to money that we don't have. Appart from these small issues, then why can't we follow likewise.

It is kind of. Houses on one side with a heritage wall/exterior. Then a river round the back. Only really the Railway end that has an open outlook.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
Marinerdan
March 14, 2024, 12:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
On a slightly different point. How come Tottenham managed to get thirty million grant from some London improvement fund and seventy million in tax breaks to help fund their stadium, but we appear to have to fund everything ourselves?

There’s got to be something we can get to assist. Even Scunny got 2 or 3 million via North Lincs Council to buy back Glumford Park.

I know £30m sounds a lot but the stadium cost over £1b. It’s the equivalent of us getting 300k against a £30m stadium.

I’m sure there will be some grant type funding available but we’ll still have to find a huge chunk of money to fund either a new stadium or a full refurb of BP.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
Mappers
March 14, 2024, 12:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from mimma
N E Lincs Council are a problem not a solution.  Would they grant permission to rebuild, and the residents wouldn't lie down and let us build it. When it comes to planning permission our council are notorious for dragging out planning permission and kicking into the long grass. They don't seem to understand the importance of our club to the area and beyond so won't break a sweat to help with funding either, though to fair they don't have the cash to help us in the first place.
I would love to see Blundell Park redeveloped but being pragmatic I cannot see it happening, and if it did, it would be many years before it would happen.
Sorry to be so negative fellas

UTM

Just do what Bristol Rovers did and build without planning

https://www.bristol247.com/spo.....planning-permission/

Can't imagine it would go down well with locals , and I am half joking .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
Maringer
March 14, 2024, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,537
Gold Stars: 185
I seem to recall that the only time I went to Edgeley Park, Craig Shakespeare was playing for us and I think we were winning at half-time before they brought on Aaron Wilbraham. A while ago now, though not quite as far back as the McMenemy era!

I also remember that, after the game, we went out in Manchester and got trollied in an appalling nightclub which made the Pier seem like the Ritz.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
David Frazer
March 14, 2024, 1:33pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -485
Gold Stars: 4
Why dont you have a fund raiser like the promotion one ?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
Barrattstander
March 14, 2024, 2:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 14
Interesting to see the stands running from corner to corner, currently at BP approx 25% of the pitch perimeter isn't overlooked by supporters seating.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockport stadium expansion

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.