5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Mappers
February 16, 2024, 11:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117

Re-read your post again. You're clearly defending those taking out on the players as they're "frustrated" from their "anger".

Does sounds like you meekly sit on your hands when players get excrement and won't stand up and encourage those players. What a retired coach says and a young lad of 24 feel are 2 different things.

I'm very chill, but I'm going to call you out when you defend toxicity. As much as you'd prefer to change the topic and pretend it didn't happen.

They were doing the same thing when we were good though some . Just pay their money and think it gives them the right to say whatever they want - got a few near me who have just abused players since the 90's even when we were good they are the same one's who moan when it's in the air yet will moan when we try and play it on the floor .

Not saying it's right or helps but I can't see that it(they) will ever change. I think when things are going badly it's amplified maybe when irregular moaners get frustrated aswell .

Hopefully tomorrow can be a bit more of a positive atmosphere as I know some regulars are already sharpening the knives for Artell and to give the players some at the first sign of problems .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
AndyGTFC
February 16, 2024, 11:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
I honestly find that the fans at BP spend more of their time abusing the referee and linesman when things are going badly rather than the actual players. Certainly do in the Findus, so think the toxic atmosphere towards the players is sometimes exaggerated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
toontown
February 17, 2024, 12:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings

Righto!

That's me told.

LOL

Learnt your lesson there!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
Rick12
February 17, 2024, 7:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Not good enough for a team 4th bottom of English fourth tier.

Plays tonight in front of about 50,000 at Rangers.

Is it a case of how strong GTFC and league 4 are in England or how crap Scottish Premiership is?
Dont watch Grimsby that much now due to other hobbies/financial implications eg watching Grimsby play is expensive for what its worth  but Efete impressed me when I saw him around two years back. Had a presence about him which I liked . I would of kept him based on that performance.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.