6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
January 27, 2024, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Taking some pelters from numpties on Twitter over his interview. Personally I didn’t see anything wrong with it.

Whether you’re supportive or sceptical of Artell, surely we can agree that the media asking tough questions (especially given our poor form) is an important part of ensuring the team is answerable to the fans?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
January 27, 2024, 11:23pm
Guest User
Fúck all he can do with monosyllabic answers ffs.
Reply: 1 - 50
Andy
January 27, 2024, 11:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +143
Gold Stars: 1
Personally would listen to Matt Dean's questioning of DA than John Tondeur's line of questions every time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
Badger57
January 27, 2024, 11:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
Thought he asked questions that needed asking. He certainly didn't back off or be too scared to follow up on initial queries like some others would have done. I thought he did very well and I liked the way D.A. answered honestly too whilst not answering questions that might be detrimental to securing new players. Excellent interview in my eyes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
Poojah
January 27, 2024, 11:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,608
Gold Stars: 1,503
No fúcking about from Matt Dean, and fair enough. Serve up cold, unfriendly football, get cold, unfriendly questions.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
GrimRob
January 27, 2024, 11:50pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113
Anything is better than "official" vetted questions that insult the fans. Jolley couldn't deal with the questions. It's part of the job. As is the baying from the Main Stand.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 50
Nelly GTFC
January 28, 2024, 12:07am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,751
Gold Stars: 31
Probally linked elsewhere, just listened to it myself >>  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h7jffj

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
AncientExiledMariner
January 28, 2024, 12:12am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Twitter is a toxic cesspool. Anyone who goes on it knows it's going to be a toxic cesspool. Best to get off it.

If you really need to condense your thoughts down to a limited number of character, there is always Mastodon which is open source and isn't designed to get you wound up to keep you clicking so they can get more advertising money. Tightly wound people wind people tightly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
MaccasBoots
January 28, 2024, 12:35am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +685
Gold Stars: 23
Sorry, I'm normally a fan of Matt's, but I did think some of his questions today seemed unnecessary and deliberately designed to provoke a reaction from Artell.

Both the nature of the questions (e.g. repeatedly asking him to criticise Glennon - weird), and in the style of questioning. Seriously, relisten to that interview and imagine how you would feel if you were in Artell's shoes.

Hopefully just a bizarre one off from MD and he can get back to his usual good standard.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
immariner
January 28, 2024, 12:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from MaccasBoots
Sorry, I'm normally a fan of Matt's, but I did think some of his questions today seemed unnecessary and deliberately designed to provoke a reaction from Artell.

Both the nature of the questions (e.g. repeatedly asking him to criticise Glennon - weird), and in the style of questioning. Seriously, relisten to that interview and imagine how you would feel if you were in Artell's shoes.

Hopefully just a bizarre one off from MD and he can get back to his usual good standard.

Have to agree really. Couple of big cringes for me when MD refused to say the word relegation so when DA said it he acted like it was a gotcha, and the persistent questioning about the trialist that DA could never have been realistically expected to answer. Seems to me like MD went into that interview with too much of his frustrated supporter head on and not enough of his objective journalist head
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Matt Dean

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.