6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
January 28, 2024, 12:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Can't imagine Artell being interviewed by David Burns.

D.B. was never afraid to ask questions that would urine a manager off, Jolley for example.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
aussiej
January 28, 2024, 1:51am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +118
Gold Stars: 17
Nothing wrong with the questions. In fact i thought he could have followed up more at times, especiolly about what you are going to do to address the grave threat of relegation. If we are relegated again so soon i think there will be a real danger of losing the fans and consequently losing the club.
Personally i think we will be relegated as this club has got it written all over it. This squad of players we are left with are terrible and i find it hard to find a first eleven capable of performing to 2nd division standards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
StacyColdicotts_hairline
January 28, 2024, 7:11am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Excellent questions from Dean and ones that needed asking.

Artell excrement the bed and had no real answers.

Its all very worrying

Very unimpressed with Artell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
The Dogs Testicles
January 28, 2024, 7:28am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Approval: -122
Gold Stars: 12
Absolutely spot on from Matt Dean, as per!!

He only asked the direct/straight to the point questions that we were all thinking whilst driving home from the game.

He asked about Glennon because our fullbacks have been so focussed on attacking that they’ve failed to do their primary task for weeks and in doing so, massively contributed to shipping a boat load of goals in!!

As for Artel, I’m seriously not convinced and whilst people always tend to blame PH, I’m really worried that his recruitment may leave a huge mess for his successor to dig out!!

I bet even JS & AP are having second thoughts.

He’s coming across as a big arrogant and a bit of a Billy 🐮 💩 er!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
GhostDan
January 28, 2024, 7:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Nothing wrong with the Matt Deans questioning at all - he’s seen exactly what Grimsby Town sleep walking out of the Football League looks like first hand and it sounded to me like he was trying to make Artell aware of that possibility.

I shudder with fear when I hear him say we won’t go down, or that we’ve got too many good players to go down. We have 1 win in 7 and are 20th in League Two - if we have as many good players as he says, it would be brilliant if they could come forward pretty quick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
Spurn boy
January 28, 2024, 8:48am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
I thought it was a good interview by Matt Dean who sort of vented his frustration and disappointment of watching that game as not only a commentator but also as a representative of us fans who would never have the opportunity to ask DA those questions. I thought DA answered them honestly but at the same time protecting his players, he knows we played crap and he also knows it is not going to be easy to get his vision across to the majority of the players.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
January 28, 2024, 9:09am
Guest User
It was a good interview by DA, he answered all the questions and, quite rightly refused to criticise individuals, which was what MD, quite wrongly was asking him to do.  Of course it was a difficult interview for him, and I believe these interviews take place pretty soon after the match has ended.  You could clearly see that DA was visibly annoyed and frustrated that the team failed to adhere to his instructions for the game, so I am of the opinion that in those circumstances he handled the interview quite well.
Reply: 16 - 50
Yarborough Vaults
January 28, 2024, 9:26am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Great interview with MD really holding DA to account for that dross.

Also MD knew his stuff there, when DA started being evasive about the trialist MD pushed him on it with the name and position. If DA had wanted to sound as though he was addressing issues we can all see, he would have volunteered that himself.

We need more MD and less in house PR especially when things are going wrong as they are now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 9:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
MD doing his job well and in the right manner.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 28, 2024, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
The only thing I don’t like about naming trialists is the fact it makes other clubs aware and our hand is somewhat forced. You could hear that DA  didn’t really want to discuss it as it’s obviously ongoing

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Matt Dean

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.