6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
January 28, 2024, 2:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
I think Matt is great at what he does, good honest journalism. I think Artells responses were quite telling and I think he's at the end of his tethers with a lot of this squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 50
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 28, 2024, 2:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Ive just listened. Felt matt dean asked all the tough questions, which doesnt always happen when it should, and also felt that fair play to Artell he faced up to it, didnt laugh it off like a bignot, spit his dummy out like a jolley or talk a load of shite like a holloway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 2:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
I just wonder if Artell was holding back from going full Troy Deeney.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
LocalLadGTFC
January 28, 2024, 2:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from HertsGTFC

that's what I thought about it, especially when it come to the just whacking it comment. He quite clearly is at the end of the line with a lot of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 50
Rodley Mariner
January 28, 2024, 2:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I like Matt Dean but what did he expect DA to say 'Yes it was flipping dreadful by Glennon for the first goal and I do regret saying we won't be relegated because it looked decidedly possible today'. Would have been interesting to see the reaction to that on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
forza ivano
January 28, 2024, 2:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
my impression from listening to it, is that he might be taking a more hurst-like approach from tomorrow, inasmuch that there will be far less discussions and conversations, more like Hurst's 'this is what you do, now go and do what i've told you' approach
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Mappers
January 28, 2024, 3:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,332
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I like Matt Dean but what did he expect DA to say 'Yes it was flipping dreadful by Glennon for the first goal and I do regret saying we won't be relegated because it looked decidedly possible today'. Would have been interesting to see the reaction to that on here.

I thought after that roasting from Nemane at Notts early in the piece and being dragged off we wouldn't see Glennon  in a Town shirt again.

He was roasted again yesterday , it's a shame he's a liability as a defender because his attributes going forward are useful
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
GrimRob
January 28, 2024, 4:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,415
Gold Stars: 113
For all that he was saying he was unhappy with the players I don't remember noticing him communicating with them much during the many breaks in play. I think the Tranmere manager was more active. I may be wrong because I was the other side of the pitch and not always looking at the benches. Be interesting to get main stand views as to any pitch side instructions.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 50
ska face
January 28, 2024, 4:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yeah probably Troy Deeney of 2012 who got jailed for booting someone’s head in. Sure he’d like to do that to some of this squad.

Anyway, Artell would benefit from watching some politicians and other managers if he’s so thin skinned. Just answer the question you wish you’d been asked rather than giving one word answers & being obtuse. I’m not really bothered about his interview style but you can’t act like an ąrsehole and then get the hump when someone tries to get more than one word out of you.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
ginnywings
January 28, 2024, 5:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
I like Matt Dean; he usually does good interviews, but I felt he just drifted slightly beyond the impartiality a journalist is supposed to maintain, and slipped a little bit into disgruntled fan mode.

Can't say I blame him after that performance.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Matt Dean

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.