Mappers
January 27, 2024, 5:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,325
Gold Stars: 118
A write off at best

The lot around me are not renewing , today has made their mind up . I  fear many more will be similiar now .

I like Jason and Andrew and 100% don't doubt their care and love for the club but fear their long term aims have forgotten the short term gains .

The home form has got worse from last season , They are going to have to dip into their well otherwise I think we go down again ; I would still go because it's a laugh + i love it but I'm sure  some have had enough .

Over to Artell , Stockwood and Pettit to secure our league status
Logged Online
Private Message
Mikey_345
January 27, 2024, 5:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Mappers

The lot around me are not renewing , today has made their mind up . I  fear many more will be similiar now .

People are angry, understandably, but it’s usually a different story when July comes around in this regard though.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 70
LocalLadGTFC
January 27, 2024, 5:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mappers
A write off at best

I like Jason and Andrew and 100% don't doubt their care and love for the club but fear their long term gains have forgotten the short term gains .

The home form has got worse from last season , They are going to have to dip into their well otherwise I think we go down again ; I would still go because it's a laugh + i love it but I'm sure  some have had enough .

I understand the reasoning, but unfortunately you can't choose where you are from and I will forever be backing Town. I was born in 96, been a fan since 03/04 and seen about 17 of the 20 seasons be a total write off. Grimsby Till I Die.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 70
Mappers
January 27, 2024, 5:24pm
Champagne Drinker
I know , but no disrespect to them but the Stockports ,Wrexhams, Mansfields and Bristol Rovers even would not be clearing 7k (seats) tickets sold for home games if they were doing how we are .

It's frustrating with so much goodwill for the board and team that we can't capitalise on that.

Just seems like we might sink back into a state of apathy again
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 70
1mickylyons
January 27, 2024, 6:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
As it stands I'm on the fence regarding renewing JS boils my urine with his soundbites and DA needs to get this team playing .I know one thing Rodgers would be the first player I'd drop closely followed by Eisa.This Town team are awful and seemingly getting worse.Boooooooooo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 70
Ashby mariner
January 27, 2024, 6:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
I'm glad I sold myn and my sons season tickets for £150 after the Harrogate game. Even though I missed the 5.5 game. Just so many dissapointing trips to Blundell Park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 70
IlkleyMariner
January 27, 2024, 7:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Mappers
A write off at best

I like Jason and Andrew and 100% don't doubt their care and love for the club but fear their long term aims have forgotten the short term gains .

I can see why people feel like this. As an excile I don’t see many home games, but go away when I can.
I like the philosophy of the owners and DA, but at the end of the day it’s about results. And that’s not happening. Personally if I was JS, I’d not mention B corp before October 2024 earliest. Hopefully sitting pretty with a top 7 place in league 2.

Meantime I’ll be at Accrington next Saturday. At least they own a pub I can use if second half is crap….

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 70
Mappers
January 27, 2024, 7:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

I can see why people feel like this. As an excile I don’t see many home games, but go away when I can.
I like the philosophy of the owners and DA, but at the end of the day it’s about results. And that’s not happening. Personally if I was JS, I’d not mention B corp before October 2024 earliest. Hopefully sitting pretty with a top 7 place in league 2.

Meantime I’ll be at Accrington next Saturday. At least they own a pub I can use if second half is crap….

I'm the same i get a ST but only make about half the games and do as many away as I can . The one's who go to every 1 at home are the one's who probably have the worst of it tbh.  

I agree about Stockwood to , I actually really like the guy he's town through snd through but talking to Town fans sometimes causes more problems than they are  worth the 'undisclosed ' transfer fee thing is a prime example .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 70
HertsGTFC
January 27, 2024, 7:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,949
Gold Stars: 228
I’m an exile STH & travel a 6 hour 300 mile round trip for home games & I'm not the only one.

I’ll renew even if we get relegated as I support Town & like the lads I sit with.

At the moment though it doesn’t feel very equitable.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 70
ginnywings
January 27, 2024, 7:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
I'll renew if we are a league club, but I'm not doing another non league season if we go down.

Probably the odd game here and there, but won't commit to a season ticket, and watching Town won't take priority if I have something else I would rather be doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 70
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › This season

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.