HerveJosse
January 28, 2024, 6:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from HertsGTFC

People keep eluding to the owners wanting a certain style of football, I hope this is just white noise as I’d be really surprised if they’ve defined the way they’d like us to play this season, I’d also be really p1ssed off too.

That’s because that’s what Stockwood said and why they picked Artell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
easypeersy
January 28, 2024, 7:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
It’s soul destroying.
Why did Jason Stockwood and Andrew Pettit buy our club if they have no desire to get us entertaining football with decent players and an ambition to progress at least to League 1.
They have a billion pounds between them probably.
They say they love the club but it doesn’t much look like it to me.
I know they don’t HAVE to spend spend spend, it’s up to them, it’s their money at the end of the day but I just don’t see the point in them having taken over if they are just not interested.
Selling Kamil Conteh shows what little ambition we have. It’s Fentyism again!
We are firmly in the doldrums forever.
I hope I’m wrong.
I keep going whatever division we are in but it’s just SOUL DESTROYING!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 28, 2024, 7:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from easypeersy
It’s soul destroying.
Why did Jason Stockwood and Andrew Pettit buy our club if they have no desire to get us entertaining football with decent players and an ambition to progress at least to League 1.
I know they don’t HAVE to spend spend spend, it’s up to them, it’s their money at the end of the day but I just don’t see the point in them having taken over if they are just not interested.
I hope I’m wrong.

Is this a real post or is it sarcasm?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
TAGG
January 28, 2024, 7:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Mappers
A write off at best

The lot around me are not renewing , today has made their mind up . I  fear many more will be similiar now .

I like Jason and Andrew and 100% don't doubt their care and love for the club but fear their long term aims have forgotten the short term gains .

The home form has got worse from last season , They are going to have to dip into their well otherwise I think we go down again ; I would still go because it's a laugh + i love it but I'm sure  some have had enough .

Over to Artell , Stockwood and Pettit to secure our league status

I will renew again if we are a league club
If we get relegated, not a chance.
Done my stints in Non League but never again.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
Heisenberg
January 28, 2024, 7:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from ginnywings
I'll renew if we are a league club, but I'm not doing another non league season if we go down.

Probably the odd game here and there, but won't commit to a season ticket, and watching Town won't take priority if I have something else I would rather be doing.

That’s exactly how I feel.

I actually missed the whole of our first ever non-league season and did not regret it at all. I got dragged in right after, but that 5 year stretch (6 for most) were beneath us as a fan base. It really is embarrassing being down there.

I cannot and will not do non league again. What it did to my life was 100% negative during that time. I’m lucky that I don’t suffer any mental health issues, but if I did those 7 years in total would have tipped me over the edge.

We must stay up at all costs. Right now, being a glass half empty man, I suspect we’re doomed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2024, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,249
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Heisenberg

That’s exactly how I feel.

I actually missed the whole of our first ever non-league season and did not regret it at all. I got dragged in right after, but that 5 year stretch (6 for most) were beneath us as a fan base. It really is embarrassing being down there.

I cannot and will not do non league again. What it did to my life was 100% negative during that time. I’m lucky that I don’t suffer any mental health issues, but if I did those 7 years in total would have tipped me over the edge.

We must stay up at all costs. Right now, being a glass half empty man, I suspect we’re doomed.

Me too.

I’m trying to be positive but we’re losing a Chief Exec, have a chairman who doesn’t want to be chairman but wants us to play differently, have players who can’t or won’t play differently, a stadium that isn’t fit for purpose and a training ground apparently to match. And it seems our manager can’t remember how long he’s been here.

Add to that, we’re in a very similar position to that where the owners came in. It’s not great.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
Hagrid
January 28, 2024, 7:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,411
Gold Stars: 534
I said the same to my dad last night

I cant justify 400+ quid on non league football. Im 28, Im on my way to getting a mortgage on my own, bills etc just like us all, I cant afford to spend that sort of money watching us play the likes of Ebbsfleet again
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
Limerick Mariner
January 28, 2024, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from easypeersy
It’s soul destroying.
I hope I’m wrong.

If only we had kept Bryn Morris we wouldn’t need Conteh…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
denni266
January 28, 2024, 8:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from easypeersy
It’s soul destroying.
I hope I’m wrong.

This totaly
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
grimsby pete
January 28, 2024, 9:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

If only we had kept Bryn Morris we wouldn’t need Conteh…

Was thinking the same myself cracking goal today.

Where was.Bogle. Injured or already signed for us ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › This season

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.