8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
January 28, 2024, 2:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,499
Gold Stars: 171
Do you know something, you lot who are not renewing, selling or sat on the fence re season tickets boil my urine tbh.
I am a Grimsby Town fan, a supporter with black n white in my veins, and I couldn't give 2 felicitations if were playing on Sunday at ploggers, this is our club, our team, our town, either you support it you don't.
We all called Lincoln supporters and the like "plastics" for rocking up when the going got good, but as soon as the excrement hits the fan our own duck for cover and throw their toys out the bath tub!!..
I'm sorry but I find it hard reading some of this, yes I get drunk off, skate intercourse out the players, the manager, coaching staff and sometimes the owners but I know this, I'll be there next week, the one after and until I'm incapable of going, I'll buy my tickets, take my seat and support my club, my team, my town.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
GrimRob
January 28, 2024, 2:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,423
Gold Stars: 113
If we're in the EFL next season many games will not be at 3pm on a Saturday. This is like a recipe to lose STH with matches being spread around the weekend and half the games (I think) televised. I can see a lot of people switching from most or all games to fewer games. The National League will be the last bastion of traditional KO times. Away fans at BP will be few and far between.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 70
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 28, 2024, 2:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Do you know something, you lot who are not renewing, selling or sat on the fence re season tickets boil my urine tbh.
I am a Grimsby Town fan, a supporter with black n white in my veins, and I couldn't give 2 felicitations if were playing on Sunday at ploggers, this is our club, our team, our town, either you support it you don't.
We all called Lincoln supporters and the like "plastics" for rocking up when the going got good, but as soon as the excrement hits the fan our own duck for cover and throw their toys out the bath tub!!..
I'm sorry but I find it hard reading some of this, yes I get drunk off, skate intercourse out the players, the manager, coaching staff and sometimes the owners but I know this, I'll be there next week, the one after and until I'm incapable of going, I'll buy my tickets, take my seat and support my club, my team, my town.

End the thread and frame this post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
DB
January 28, 2024, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from GrimRob
If we're in the EFL next season many games will not be at 3pm on a Saturday. This is like a recipe to lose STH with matches being spread around the weekend and half the games (I think) televised. I can see a lot of people switching from most or all games to fewer games. The National League will be the last bastion of traditional KO times. Away fans at BP will be few and far between.

If this is the case it looks like match day income and STs will drop, which will cause a headache for JS & AP.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 3:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,958
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob

So recent form suggests we’ll be ok for 3pm starts at BP next season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
GrimRob
January 28, 2024, 3:54pm

Quoted from DB

If this is the case it looks like match day income and STs will drop, which will cause a headache for JS & AP.

Yes but they get more tv money which is why they voted for it. Personally I think it is robbing Peter to pay Paul. People who attend games are sacrificed to the god of television as has happened higher up the leagues.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 25 - 70
Zmariner
January 28, 2024, 3:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from ginnywings
I'll renew if we are a league club, but I'm not doing another non league season if we go down.

Probably the odd game here and there, but won't commit to a season ticket, and watching Town won't take priority if I have something else I would rather be doing.

Eaxctly the same for me. 100% renewal in the EFL but another season in the NL ......it is groundhog day and better things to waste my time doing. Sadly not just my sentiment , a certainty that the 2 next to me will do this as well.
The stakes are very high for the owners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 4:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,958
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Your last para is it. No grit and resilience that we showed at times last season from some of the same players in the squad, leadership lacking and absolutely brainless defending. It seems with PH we chucked the baby out with the bath water with the changes in the summer - we lost us shape, and with DA we don’t have any sort of identity - something he raised himself early doors but has not resolved at all.

At least last season we were a pain in the behind to play against with us shape - especially away from home. This season getting round the back of our defence is like taking candy from the baby…

People keep eluding to the owners wanting a certain style of football, I hope this is just white noise as I’d be really surprised if they’ve defined the way they’d like us to play this season, I’d also be really p1ssed off too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 28, 2024, 4:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Just stuck in the tele and Newport are playing Man Utd. Full house, meaning millions (total guess) that it’s brought into the local economy. Knock on effects of shirt sales, part time fans going to other games and a vested interest in the community and club as a whole, albeit for one day anyway. The clubs revenue will have taken a huge lift too.

I look at what we achieved last season, and wonder, we’re we unlucky in what we actually got in means of the cup draws or, did we gain more from not having these ‘glamour’ times and a quick buck.

What I know is, that the money wasn’t invested in the playing squad as well as we had hoped. And that any knock on effect in the season ticket sales is highly unlikely to go for another season. I think that the club have their work cut out to get maybe 4000 sth next year and there will be many more sitting on the fence unless there is some sort of dramatic turn around.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
GrimRob
January 28, 2024, 6:21pm

Quoted from HertsGTFC

People keep eluding to the owners wanting a certain style of football, I hope this is just white noise as I’d be really surprised if they’ve defined the way they’d like us to play this season, I’d also be really p1ssed off too.

“Dave was always our first choice and was in the frame, but I’d never met him at that point but when we finally did meet, it was more impressive than we saw on paper. Possession-based football with a focus on youth is what we want and we look at David’s track record, with the ability to improve teams as a coach.”

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....t-impressive-8935835

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › This season

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.