Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Kamil Conteh
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
PDXMariner and 43 Guests

Kamil Conteh

This thread currently has 84,658 views. Print
60 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
January 17, 2024, 8:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
All of this is intriguing speculation. Personally I believe the following

1. The club is run by a savvy Chairman. I can’t speak for other contributors to fishy, but I think he is more commercially savvy than me.
2. Given the above, I doubt he has allowed commercially sensitive to be released to the likes of us lot.
3. Let’s just rejoice in 5 goals scored last Saturday and hope our defence improves.
4. I’m going to watch the game at Harrogate. I hope we win, but given the fact that Harrogate can go into playoff position if they win, I’m going with a prediction score of 3-2,…..just not sure which team….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 598
Bristol Mariner
January 17, 2024, 8:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Maringer

I've heard that he really despises cider, so that could go in our favour.

Nah we'd get him on the Natch soon sort him out

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 598
pontoonlew
January 17, 2024, 8:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Maringer

Quite right. If we paid 200k with the view to developing him as a player (and the expectation that he would be moving on before the end of his contract), I can't see any way that a release clause would be less than double what we paid.

I tend to doubt he'll move anywhere this season as, though he's done well in lots of games, we're in the bottom half of the division and not many of his performances have proved game-changing. As others have commented, it's a bit different for attackers who can start scoring or creating goals to get themselves noticed, but sitting in midfield breaking up and linking play is a less glamorous role.

It’s absolutely obvious he’s a fantastic footballer though, and he’s only just turned 21 which still amazes me given how assured he is on the pitch. Any scout worth their salt would pick him out of the crowd and any side paying 250k (based on the rumour) should be looking at that as an absolute steal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 598
Grim up north
January 17, 2024, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 1
I was told by a mate with close links to the owners before they fully took over that they were keen on the Brentford model of investing in quality young players that sell on for good profit and this fits that bill. He also said though, that it we couldn’t do it at their level as it’s costly to set up and they use the infrastructure of a betting company that already has it in place - I guess that’s why we’ve signed up with Loughborough university to use a more affordable version - that looks like it’s starting to pay off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 598
Lost in Lincoln
January 17, 2024, 11:03pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Mappers
He will play in the Premiership won't he ?

And go for a lot of money at some stage barring disaster

Whether we lose him now or in the summer it's vital we get the right deal for us with regards his next move after this which will probably be the big 1 .

Not sure he'd fancy Scotland tbh

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 598
HertsGTFC
January 18, 2024, 6:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
I’m 100% sure that Conteh & maybe a couple of others would have a clause in their contract to exit if an attractive offer for the player or the club came in.

So far it’s 8 pages based upon a tweet and someone who claims to be ITK but hasn’t  backed up his posts.

Also unlike some who claim they can confirm this I’m pretty sure we didn’t pay £200k for him, in fact if we did I’d be pretty p1ssed off with the club for spending such a big part of the budget on a “prospect” who’d never played in the EFL.

At this stage I suspect this needs to sit in the Healy & Morrison folder on top of the Glennon & Clifton file.

The silly season is upon us.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 598
Abdul19
January 18, 2024, 7:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

Not sure he'd fancy Scotland tbh

I heard he was off to Saracens.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 598
Alan Buckley
January 18, 2024, 8:05am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Approval: -268
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I’m 100% sure that Conteh & maybe a couple of others would have a clause in their contract to exit if an attractive offer for the player or the club came in.

So far it’s 8 pages based upon a tweet and someone who claims to be ITK but hasn’t  backed up his posts.

Also unlike some who claim they can confirm this I’m pretty sure we didn’t pay £200k for him, in fact if we did I’d be pretty p1ssed off with the club for spending such a big part of the budget on a “prospect” who’d never played in the EFL.

At this stage I suspect this needs to sit in the Healy & Morrison folder on top of the Glennon & Clifton file.

The silly season is upon us.

Aww bless you.

My posts have been firstly about Callum Ainley signing which was backed up. And now about Conteh’s release clause which I’ve let a few people know who have private messaged me, again I’ll state that even when he is eventually sold his fee almost certainly won’t be made public anyway.

Also we didn’t pay anywhere near the 200k that people are saying we will still make a healthy profit on him especially if he moves twice. It just won’t be a £500k bid that he goes for 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 598
Son of Cod
January 18, 2024, 8:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Alan Buckley

Aww bless you.

My posts have been firstly about Callum Ainley signing which was backed up. And now about Conteh’s release clause which I’ve let a few people know who have private messaged me, again I’ll state that even when he is eventually sold his fee almost certainly won’t be made public anyway.

Also we didn’t pay anywhere near the 200k that people are saying we will still make a healthy profit on him especially if he moves twice. It just won’t be a £500k bid that he goes for 😂

So, are you saying that we do have a sell on clause then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 598
grimps
January 18, 2024, 8:13am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,147
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’ve no inside info but we might have bought him for 200k or we might have a 250k release clause, but I absolutely guarantee both won’t be true.

If we paid 100k for him there is no way we'd have a clause for 250k
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 598
60 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Kamil Conteh

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.