Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Kamil Conteh
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Kamil Conteh

This thread currently has 84,231 views. Print
60 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 17, 2024, 3:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Blundellite
Maybe the release clause only applied to Middlesbrough? Tbh he isn't that great anyway been struggling to get in a team lately on the verge of disaster. I'd take the money and rebuild with it

DA rested him the other week otherwise he’s the best midfielder we have on our books by a country mile. But he’s only just 21 so there are obviously areas he needs to improve and like all players he has poor games however, if he does move on he would leave a big gap and I would want any money his sale brings in to bring in two quality midfield players at this level.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 598
Captain Sensible
January 17, 2024, 3:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +178
Gold Stars: 5
Any deal would have to satisfy the requirements of both parties, obviously, so I doubt that anybody would be surprised at a young player, with high potential, insisting on a sell-on clause when joining a League 2 club on a three year deal.

However - and this is me speculating a bit - if I had been negotiating on behalf of the club, I think I would have agreed, providing that the clause only became active after the first year, thus giving the buying club (us in this case) stability for this season.  I don't see why the player would find this unacceptable, it wouldn't prevent a move in the January window if an offer came in which suited both the player and club.

Like I said, pure speculation as I have no knowledge or experience of footballer contracts, but it would be interesting to see feedback on this from anybody who has.

#ClutchingAtStraws?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 598
HertsGTFC
January 17, 2024, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Alan Buckley

A club has to offer the full release clause in full upfront and then we are obliged to accept the offer. Obviously conteh could still reject that club but we couldn’t stop him talking to them if they meet the release clause.

Also it would be beneficial for us that he did make a small step up first before a big club take a punt on him that way we are more likely to receive a substantial sell on fee from his next club rather than a big club coming in for him now and then him not making a second step up rendering our sell on clause redundant if that makes sense.

Get that, but I think my question is what actually triggers the release clause, your reply was a bit generic like reading a horoscope in the paper.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 598
Alan Buckley
January 17, 2024, 4:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Approval: -259
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Get that, but I think my question is what actually triggers the release clause, your reply was a bit generic like reading a horoscope in the paper.

I mean, I’m not sure how else I can simplify it. If a club matches the release clause upfront then that triggers it? I’m not sure what else I can say 🙃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 598
jamesgtfc
January 17, 2024, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,972
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Alan Buckley

I mean, I’m not sure how else I can simplify it. If a club matches the release clause upfront then that triggers it? I’m not sure what else I can say 🙃

What is the release clause?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 598
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 17, 2024, 4:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Isn’t the whole purpose of a release clause usually some kind of inflated amount? so to say that if you want a player you have to pay through the nose for it. It would be very ‘town like’ to have a sh1te release clause.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 598
Alan Buckley
January 17, 2024, 4:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Approval: -259
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Isn’t the whole purpose of a release clause usually some kind of inflated amount? so to say that if you want a player you have to pay through the nose for it. It would be very ‘town like’ to have a sh1te release clause.

That depends on if you’re trying to convince a player to join you instead of a league 1 club. So you offer him a realistic release clause so that if he performs he can get a move up the ladder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 598
Blundellite
January 17, 2024, 4:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
Does he play like a player that cost £200,000 in league 2 tho. That cost as a defensive midfielder in league 2 to a club who has let in 11 goals at home in 2 games.....just saying
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 598
HertsGTFC
January 17, 2024, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jamesgtfc

What is the release clause?

Exactly!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 598
Meza
January 17, 2024, 4:40pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,641
Gold Stars: 50
Isn't there a sell on clause that the selling club can receive future fees if the player moved on numerous times as long as the future selling club also has the same clause?  Ah i'm probably getting confused.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 598
60 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Kamil Conteh

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.