Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Kamil Conteh
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Kamil Conteh

This thread currently has 84,679 views. Print
60 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Alan Buckley
January 17, 2024, 5:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Approval: -271
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Jammin242

More chance of him being Alan Partridge

A Ha!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 598
headingly_mariner
January 17, 2024, 5:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
I hope he doesn't leave but it's quite plausible that he has a release clause. He'd had a great loan, was clearly above the level, clearly fancies he's got the ability to play higher.

3 year deal gives him some security, release clause means that if he really shines he will get his move.
I'd love to see him stay, as I think he's going to be a really fantastic player. He's already improving, noticed in recent games he's driving forward with his head up and has made some great long range forward passes that weren't happening before.
I think we might have a struggle though as the data fans will know he has made the most tackles and interceptions of anyone in the division. That will not go unnoticed by other clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 598
headingly_mariner
January 17, 2024, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
I'd also add it's brilliant work from the club and Joe whatshischops. He's either signed us a quality player for 3 years or he will have paid his own wages back to the club for years by getting Conteh in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 598
pontoonlew
January 17, 2024, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I’ve no inside info but we might have bought him for 200k or we might have a 250k release clause, but I absolutely guarantee both won’t be true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 598
HerveJosse
January 17, 2024, 5:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
One way to look at this would be to ask what would Bristol Rovers be capable of paying and does that make what has been said here likely. Thought not relevant today there record transfer fee paid was £446k for a certain Andy Tillson over 30 years ago . More relevant the most they have paid in modern times is £350k last summer for Connor Taylor a 21 year old centre back from Stoke with few league appearances. So being capable and willing to pay a similar fee for Conteh is clearly a possibility and that sort of fee could well be more then specified in any release clause. So if they want him and he wants to go a deal looks probable. Also worthy of note is that he is London boy who only spent one year in Middlesbrough so a move down south is also on the cards. Our best outcome might be a bidding war if a south eastern club is interested.This is merely an attempt at logic no inside knowledge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 598
Maringer
January 17, 2024, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’ve no inside info but we might have bought him for 200k or we might have a 250k release clause, but I absolutely guarantee both won’t be true.

Quite right. If we paid 200k with the view to developing him as a player (and the expectation that he would be moving on before the end of his contract), I can't see any way that a release clause would be less than double what we paid.

I tend to doubt he'll move anywhere this season as, though he's done well in lots of games, we're in the bottom half of the division and not many of his performances have proved game-changing. As others have commented, it's a bit different for attackers who can start scoring or creating goals to get themselves noticed, but sitting in midfield breaking up and linking play is a less glamorous role.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 598
forza ivano
January 17, 2024, 7:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HerveJosse
One way to look at this would be to ask what would Bristol Rovers be capable of paying and does that make what has been said here likely. Thought not relevant today there record transfer fee paid was £446k for a certain Andy Tillson over 30 years ago . More relevant the most they have paid in modern times is £350k last summer for Connor Taylor a 21 year old centre back from Stoke with few league appearances. So being capable and willing to pay a similar fee for Conteh is clearly a possibility and that sort of fee could well be more then specified in any release clause. So if they want him and he wants to go a deal looks probable. Also worthy of note is that he is London boy who only spent one year in Middlesbrough so a move down south is also on the cards. Our best outcome might be a bidding war if a south eastern club is interested.This is merely an attempt at logic no inside knowledge[b][/b].

That's the mistake I made Herve - there is no bidding war (except for clubs talking to Conteh and his agent); the club meets the release clause and he's gone (so long as he agrees terms with the club)

in other words; teams A,B, C&D are all after Conteh, and each agree to pay the release clause. The only thing that remains to be tied up is which club Kamil agrees to go to

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 598
gtfc98
January 17, 2024, 7:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from forza ivano

That's the mistake I made Herve - there is no bidding war (except for clubs talking to Conteh and his agent); the club meets the release clause and he's gone (so long as he agrees terms with the club)

in other words; teams A,B, C&D are all after Conteh, and each agree to pay the release clause. The only thing that remains to be tied up is which club Kamil agrees to go to

You have absolutely no idea of what's in his contract though do you.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 598
HerveJosse
January 17, 2024, 7:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from forza ivano

It’s perfectly possible to have a release clause which says if more then one party meets it the club can accept the highest bid .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 598
The Dogs Testicles
January 17, 2024, 7:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -115
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from HerveJosse

It’s perfectly possible to have a release clause which says if more then one party meets it the club can accept the highest bid .

Absolutely- I don’t think AP & JS got where they are from being niave!! They’ll have this all wrapped up as it would have been all part of the plan.

We aren’t dealing with Fenty anymore!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 598
60 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Kamil Conteh

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.