Balthazar Bullitt
January 12, 2024, 10:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from LH

Not if the head of recruitment/scouts were after him. They might have shown their evidence of why they wanted him to DA and he might agree. It’s not just managers who make those decisions any more.

That's seems to be the way we're heading and it would add a degree of continuity to our transfer dealings i.e. we play a certain way and recruit players/managers/heads of recruitment/coaches/ Scotch egg manufacturers to fit that style/identity
That said, the data is  limited if it's just the one player. As we all know major extrapolation on minimal data is a dangerous thing.

I hope they all do well and give us the lift we need.

I do wonder if we could do something a little bit different in the player interviews though. I know they're just relieved to get the deal over the line (even if they only found out about it last night). I know we're a massive club and a sleeping giant. I know the supporters are different class and that really influenced them signing. What I don't know is what their favourite bread is for making toast or their top 5 Ealing comedies. Mix it up little please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
ginnywings
January 12, 2024, 11:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
I doubt Joe Hutchinson just looks purely at data as some posts seem to be suggesting. He does live scouting too and found some good players for Lincoln before he joined us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
The Yard Dog
January 13, 2024, 12:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from It Bites

As someone who suffers from mental problems , I soon discovered is best not to take any forum or social to heart . If they’re not saying it to my face I’m not bothered . Even to my face it’s their problem not mine

I very rarely use social media, dont have a twitter tik tok or youtube account, purely because of the keyboard warriors out there.
I post on the fishy, but repsect other people may have a different opinion or view to me, which is a what a forum is all about.
When posting a reply I try to reposnse in a way thats not personal to the original poster.
I am a carer for my wife who has mental health issues, so undestand the impact that a comment may have on others.
The majority of posters are repectful on this forum and I can post my opinions knowing that I will not get any abuse.
We all have one thing in common we are supporters of the best football club and black and white runs through our veins.
The next chapter has begun, lets see how it unfolds.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
MidnightMariner
January 13, 2024, 2:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I very really use social media, dont have a twitter tik tok or youtube account, purely because of the keyboard warriors out there.
I post on the fishy, but repsect other people may have a different opinion or view to me, which is a what a forum is all about.
When posting a reply I try to reposnse in a way thats not personal to the original poster.
I am a care for my wife who has mental health issues, so undestand the impact that a comment may have on others.
The majority of posters are repectful on this forum and I can post my opinions knowing that I will not get any abuse.

I rarely think that's a great post YD 🙃
We all have one thing in common we are supporters of the best football club and black and white runs through our veins.
The next chapter has begun, lets see how it unfolds.
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
MidnightMariner
January 13, 2024, 2:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from MidnightMariner

I Rarely think that's a great post YD 🙃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 65
The Yard Dog
January 13, 2024, 9:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from MidnightMariner

I Rarely think that's a great post YD 🙃

I see what you did.
I have dyslexia so sometimes my grammer and spelling are incorrect, but you get my drift.
I have no issues with you pointing out my error, its help me, so thank you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 65
GrimPol
January 13, 2024, 12:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Azimuth
A decent bunch of signings who should add another dimention on the pitch.

Quite right, I didn't think we would do it this window, but we did, and however/whoever made the choices, looks good on paper. Let's hope it's good on the grass. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 65
Mappers
January 13, 2024, 12:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

That's seems to be the way we're heading and it would add a degree of continuity to our transfer dealings i.e. we play a certain way and recruit players/managers/heads of recruitment/coaches/ Scotch egg manufacturers to fit that style/identity
That said, the data is  limited if it's just the one player. As we all know major extrapolation on minimal data is a dangerous thing.

I hope they all do well and give us the lift we need.

I do wonder if we could do something a little bit different in the player interviews though. I know they're just relieved to get the deal over the line (even if they only found out about it last night). I know we're a massive club and a sleeping giant. I know the supporters are different class and that really influenced them signing. What I don't know is what their favourite bread is for making toast or their top 5 Ealing comedies. Mix it up little please.

Sounds like you are missing Dale Ladson on interviews
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
LocalLadGTFC
January 13, 2024, 1:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,224
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mappers

Sounds like you are missing Dale Ladson on interviews

So, what type of player are you?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 65
AdamHaddock
January 13, 2024, 1:25pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
We'll start the interview after we've got the lawnmower going

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Three is the Number

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.