Mikey_345
January 12, 2024, 8:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from 141269
I will say that it's myself that is being referred to.

Having provided knowledge reference ongoing transfer news & other info I found myself being discredited and my integrity questioned.

The basis for this I believe was in response for me previously calling out poor behavior of the DN35 podcast.  When i was asked to raise my concerns directly I was blocked on facebook and then ignored via other methods.

There are some great people here all with the common purpose of supporting the club but there are people that use the forum to take chunks out of each other.
I've found myself drawn into this and i don't like myself for it.  

So I've asked the mods to delete my account so I can restore my mental health to where I want it to be.  Thanks IlkleyMariner for speaking up.

Be kind to yourselves and others.

UTM

You seem to be referring to our interaction. Honestly, I’m unsure how you have taken all of the above from, what was in my view, was a very mild pointing out of the player you mentioned been discussed in another thread.

Happy for anyone, yourself included, to post whatever they like about signings/info etc. However as I’m sure you’re aware there are a lot of people posting none sense (it’s half the fun with the transfer thread). With that in mind I don’t think it an unreasonable thing to point out and scrutinise that. Especially if you’re stating yourself you want to become a trusted source. As I later said genuinely good luck to you with that, however I still do not think pointing the above fact out is unreasonable - there was no abuse or attempt to “take a chunk out”

If you want to say it’s due to what you said a few months ago now. That’s fine, even thought it most certainly is not. You’ve been posting on here for a while now and I don’t think we’ve had a negative interaction. As I said at the time and again this week - your opinion is absolutely fine, no problem at all - people are allowed an opinion. If I’d had that much of a problem with it, I’d of perhaps said so by now on any of the other posts you’ve made and thought our interaction at the time about it was quite positive, despite me disagreeing with you.

As for engaging elsewhere, I can’t talk about anyone else, but I’m unaware that I have blocked or ignored you at all even so you were (and still are) free to reach out to me on here via a PM. One of the accounts I run is at the bottom of my signature here, I’m also contactable via that.

I’m always happy to self reflect on anything I say, none of us are perfect and I certainly am living proof of that. However I genuinely do struggle to see how our initial exchange can be interpreted in the above way. As for mental health that is really important so please do take that seriously. Out of respect for what you have said  I will leave the ball in your court however please reach out privately if you wish.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 65
Heisenberg
January 12, 2024, 8:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Mikey_345

You seem to be referring to our interaction. Honestly, I’m unsure how you have taken all of the above from, what was in my view, was a very mild pointing out of the player you mentioned been discussed in another thread.

Happy for anyone, yourself included, to post whatever they like about signings/info etc. However as I’m sure you’re aware there are a lot of people posting none sense (it’s half the fun with the transfer thread). With that in mind I don’t think it an unreasonable thing to point out and scrutinise that. Especially if you’re stating yourself you want to become a trusted source. As I later said genuinely good luck to you with that, however I still do not think pointing the above fact out is unreasonable - there was no abuse or attempt to “take a chunk out”

If you want to say it’s due to what you said a few months ago now. That’s fine, even thought it most certainly is not. You’ve been posting on here for a while now and I don’t think we’ve had a negative interaction. As I said at the time and again this week - your opinion is absolutely fine, no problem at all - people are allowed an opinion. If I’d had that much of a problem with it, I’d of perhaps said so by now on any of the other posts you’ve made and thought our interaction at the time about it was quite positive, despite me disagreeing with you.

As for engaging elsewhere, I can’t talk about anyone else, but I’m unaware that I have blocked or ignored you at all even so you were (and still are) free to reach out to me on here via a PM. One of the accounts I run is at the bottom of my signature here, I’m also contactable via that.

I’m always happy to self reflect on anything I say, none of us are perfect and I certainly am living proof of that. However I genuinely do struggle to see how our initial exchange can be interpreted in the above way. As for mental health that is really important so please do take that seriously. Out of respect for what you have said  I will leave the ball in your court however please reach out privately if you wish.

How did this fallout happen over your podcast? I missed all this…..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 65
LH
January 12, 2024, 8:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Heisenberg
Positive about these, but weird what the Cov lad said - the club were chasing him in the summer - does that mean that Hurst wanted him and Artell has just run with it?! That is strange.

Not if the head of recruitment/scouts were after him. They might have shown their evidence of why they wanted him to DA and he might agree. It’s not just managers who make those decisions any more.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
AdamHaddock
January 12, 2024, 8:16pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Maybe he's one we missed out on on August deadline day

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 65
Heisenberg
January 12, 2024, 8:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from LH

Not if the head of recruitment/scouts were after him. They might have shown their evidence of why they wanted him to DA and he might agree. It’s not just managers who make those decisions any more.

That’s a fair point, and I’m sure you’re right. I must admit, this sort of approach seems all too wannabe in my mind - we’re not in the Premier League. I know this will get more crosses than ticks, but the whole recruiting players on stats surely only really works if you have money to buy the best ones? Managers can’t like being told who to sign, surely?

Anyway. He does sound great! Good luck to these boys.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
jamesgtfc
January 12, 2024, 8:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Heisenberg
Positive about these, but weird what the Cov lad said - the club were chasing him in the summer - does that mean that Hurst wanted him and Artell has just run with it?! That is strange.

Reading between the lines and putting 2 and 2 together, I get the impression that most of our summer recruitment were very much Paul Hurst's men. That is a justifiable reason to get rid as it goes against the data driven approach we are going down.

If we sign more players identified and recommended by the Head of Recruitment and they aren't very good, I'm sure action will be taken. If managers keep knocking back recommendations without trying any of them, they leave themselves open to scrutiny by the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 65
dapperz fun pub
January 12, 2024, 8:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,935
Gold Stars: 82
I’m hopeful these lads will help us to safety
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
DB
January 12, 2024, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,003
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from It Bites

As someone who suffers from mental problems , I soon discovered is best not to take any forum or social to heart . If they’re not saying it to my face I’m not bothered . Even to my face it’s their problem not mine

Excellent post. Many people have mental problems but don't even realise it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
Poojah
January 12, 2024, 10:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from DB

Excellent post. Many people have mental problems but don't even realise it.

We don’t.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 65
Azimuth
January 12, 2024, 10:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
A decent bunch of signings who should add another dimention on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Three is the Number

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.